Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 5

Old 09-08-2014, 01:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

:c006
Big congrats to everyone here! So many milestones to celebrate.
Penkins and eager, great you are right back at it. That's the way to do it.
Having a better day today. Spent some time looking for work, but also took some time to just get out and about and enjoy this day. We are having some beautiful weather here today.No word yet on employment, but it will happen when its suppossed to.
Great to be a part of team August. Let's keep moving forward, together.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Oh did I mess up? Need to add
That's what our team is, don't you think?
I know so!
Old 09-08-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good night class August. Sleep well
Old 09-08-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Penkins and Eager - good luck with those new plans
Congrats on your milestones BBF, Chris, Hobbers and anyone I missed...on the run this morning

D
Old 09-08-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi all, good to see you back on board Penkins and eager you can do this, safety and strength in numbers and we need each and everyone of us to support each other.

Missed AA meeting today as I was caught up in a traffic jam but met up with my sponsor instead for 3 hours and we had a walk and talk on the beach, went well but felt mentally drained afterwards.

Had phone call from a friend who I met in the AA rooms before, she calls me most nights but last few days hasn't rang as she's had a friend staying with her, she went out of AA in January but kept in touch she quit again in May on her own but tonight she sounded different than normal and admitted that she'd been drinking wine, so sad but I felt helpless and didn't know what to say, I knew her friend has taken advantage of her and she's been getting him beer and he was meant to be leaving tomorrow but think its all got too much for her.

Ironically I find it hard to talk to someone who's been drinking especially knowing they've got problems with it, felt guilty had to excuse myself in the end.

Hit home how horrible this alcoholism can be.....

Congratulations to everyone reaching milestones, we're doing the right thing.

Goodnight friends.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

2:47 this afternoon I text my husband and ask if he would consider us stopping drinking together. He responds with yes. (I asked him because he has said many times he wants us to stop.)

5:15 he says that he will support me and that he can turn it off any time he wants - but right now he doesn't want to.

6:00 he buys beer

I think now that I have experienced a few sober days I realize that I am married to an alcoholic. How am I gonna be able to stop when I live with a human version of a beer store? It's always here- there are parties every weekend at our house.

I'm not giving up - but it sure feels like life is against me.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post
2:47 this afternoon I text my husband and ask if he would consider us stopping drinking together. He responds with yes. (I asked him because he has said many times he wants us to stop.)

5:15 he says that he will support me and that he can turn it off any time he wants - but right now he doesn't want to.

I think now that I have experienced a few sober days I realize that I am married to an alcoholic. How am I gonna be able to stop when I live with a human version of a beer store? It's always here- there are parties every weekend at our house.

I am so glad you are not giving up Penkins!! You are on the right track.

Penkins we are here for you thanks SO much for checking in with us please keep doing so we love you!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

thnx cali.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Great job, coming back, guys!
Penkins, you can quit with alcohol in every corner of your life. You can do it! We'lol do it together. I struggled with this and finally had to make the decision that sobriety comes before everything, and I've been doing anything I think I need to in order to stay sober. My husband still has beer in the fridge and drinks everyday. Stick with us and find your sober muse! It's worth it

Awesome job, TeamAugust!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:48 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Happy Monday team! Shout out to everyone!

Hobbers, blackbird, grateful, ph7, calichris and scooter at the one month mark! Mvngon, eager, leelou, 1 step, apple, knb for hitting the two and three week milestone! London, I think you are in the 3 to 4 week club too! Some I did not see the dates today, but I know you are living the 2 week to a month dream too - brach, choobie, forget and cute! Domedou, a week is almost done, and it is the toughest, congrats! And Penkins, welcome back!! We got your back, we certainly understand the cycle, been there about a thousand times over the past ten years!

On day 22 today and have a work sporting event tomorrow. Lots of free booze and pressure to fit in. Gonna keep the dream alive and get water, may be posting if I am under a vicious AV attack!

Love you guys, and I apologize if I forgot anyone, this class is one heck of a large family now!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:51 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post

Yeap, I know that feeling all too well. I know my other isn't an alkie, because he can stop easily. It is very hard when someone you live with can drink, and you don't want to. The temptation of having it near is very hard. But I try to look at it this way, there will always be beer, drink available. The supply is endless, no matter who is choosing to drink or not. You choose not to. I know, easier said then done, but you can overcome. It would be nice if he would respect your wishes though, I appreciate that. He should. Just try to commit to not drinking. I know you can do this. Team August is behind you all the way.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Eager, just read another post about the golf outing. Man do I relate and understand. I have been avoiding travel and events lately but have something tomorrow I am dreading. I am not strong enough for business trips with airport bars and hotel lounges... You came right back, that means you got this! Wish me luck tomorrow...
Old 09-08-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

So impressed with the team- from those celebrating milestones, to those sharing learnings on their path and their determination to succeede!

I'm checking in at the end of day 45 (I went alcohol free in July and found this resource in August) and am genuinely looking forward to continuing our journey together.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Want to welcome domedou to our team. Glad to have you!
Getting ready to call it a day all. Sweet sober sleep to all.
See you all tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:21 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Not sure if anyone remembers me, I had I think 12 days until a week ago. I felt fabulous, got through some big triggers and then one night it was 3 beers, the next 6, the next 3/4 of a bottle of wine, all the way up to a bottle of wine and 6 beers throughout the day and night. I mention the amount only to point out the quick progression. The first night I told myself Id start drinking one night a week ( I'm mostly a solo drinker). Really? How many Times have I said that and when did it EVER work? If I drink, the next day I just want more and more.

Sunday I woke up and said enough. I have so much going on in my life.. Some good, some stressful, and many responsibilities that I just cannot handle If I waste time being drunk and hungover. And I know the progression will just continue

The worst was I judged my alcoholic father for slipping for a few days, while I went home and did the same in secret. I was a judgemental hypocrite. No excuse.

I was just going to quietly disappear from this group as I have with many others, but a new start, a new group, a new month, wasn't the answer before, why now? I'd like to stick with you guys and continue to help each other get through this.
I am not one to rationalize my relapses. They are my own fault and if I don't fight hard enough I won't get where I want to be. Plain and simple.
Ending day 2, happy to be back.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Oh and congrats on all the milestones guys!! Keep it up, a few of us will be right behind you, inspired and motivated by you
Old 09-08-2014, 07:28 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Forabttr, glad to see you back. Great job on day 2. We can and will do this. Stick with us, we've got your back.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Welcome back betterlife!! Stick here and beat this thing!!

Old 09-08-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back FABL

Making it back is half the battle..everytime we start again we learn a little more. I hope you can make this time your time

D
Old 09-09-2014, 01:07 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning class August. Will reply to everyone's posts when I get to work.

I will be celebrating three weeks tomorrow!! Yeehawww!! Life is good!