Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 5

Old 09-14-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
ph7

Hi all,

Had to catch up on 2 days worth of posts as didnt have much time to look in yesterday due to work. Really busy which is good I suppose but it was the most stressed I have been in my current job. A bit of AV to battle but nothing that gets me up to goto the shop and grab a few ciders.

So you'll be glad to hear I'm just completing day 39. Can't really believe it and this is probably close if not exceeded the longest time I've been sober since my early 20's I imagine.

Once I get past the first day it gets easier and now I'm at this point I'm really ok with it. However I can't get complacent as I realise it's soo easy to fall back into that trap and it'll only take one to be back down that road.

Your posts have been great and I'm glad there have been some great success in this class so far. Even the lapses some of you guys have suffered with you keep coming back .

There's so many traits in you guys that I associate with me. It's like there's a little bit of me in all of you.

Keep Strong guys & take care of yourselves
Old 09-14-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

sweet sober dreams peeps, hope you all wake up fresh and ready for a brand new week tomorrow, night night x
Old 09-14-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
ive just realised that i can, and do, say things on here that I cant say out loud to anyone else in my life. That is priceless therapy. I share with you my most intimate shame and you don't judge. WE laugh about the 'rotating convenience stores' thing, and i cant help think to myself, on here its a topic we can actually laugh about, yet if one single person in my life heard that conversation, i think it would change the way they even look at me forever - how scary is that? i love that i can talk about this in a normal way. in the real world, once you say the word 'alcoholic' you can never take it back. on here, i don't bat an eyelid sharing even the darkest of days. thank you all for that x
I love this and I agree. This is where I come to share the good, the bad and the really ugly.

But I love, love, love all the GREAT things we've been able to share lately. So many milestones, comebacks, and commitments and re-commitments alike.

Love.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
ive just realised that i can, and do, say things on here that I cant say out loud to anyone else in my life. That is priceless therapy. I share with you my most intimate shame and you don't judge. WE laugh about the 'rotating convenience stores' thing, and i cant help think to myself, on here its a topic we can actually laugh about, yet if one single person in my life heard that conversation, i think it would change the way they even look at me forever - how scary is that? i love that i can talk about this in a normal way. in the real world, once you say the word 'alcoholic' you can never take it back. on here, i don't bat an eyelid sharing even the darkest of days. thank you all for that x
So true!
Old 09-14-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=ph7;4898608]Hi all,

There's so many traits in you guys that I associate with me. It's like there's a little bit of me in all of you.

I agree, Ph7 - It is amazing to me how much we are all alike in so many ways.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Just a quick note to say I had no problem at all at our annual Neighborhood End-of-Season LobsterFeast. It was colder than usual here, and hot cider, both spiked and plain, were the big drinks. Since I am not a fan of either, I stuck with my seltzer water. Only a few drank champagne, probably because of the weather. I ate lobster, clams and salad, which were great, and I enjoyed mingling with my neighbors.

I came home both relieved and pleased. In the past I have hurried home from these gatherings to start the serious drinking because I was very, very careful to pace myself in front of the group. (something else we probably all have in common?)
Old 09-14-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you scooter

D
Old 09-14-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
Just a quick note to say I had no problem at all at our annual Neighborhood End-of-Season LobsterFeast. It was colder than usual here, and hot cider, both spiked and plain, were the big drinks. Since I am not a fan of either, I stuck with my seltzer water. Only a few drank champagne, probably because of the weather. I ate lobster, clams and salad, which were great, and I enjoyed mingling with my neighbors.

I came home both relieved and pleased. In the past I have hurried home from these gatherings to start the serious drinking because I was very, very careful to pace myself in front of the group. (something else we probably all have in common?)
Excellent! I was just thinking of you and hoping things went well. Nice job!
Old 09-14-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
In the past I have hurried home from these gatherings to start the serious drinking because I was very, very careful to pace myself in front of the group. (something else we probably all have in common?)
Oh yes, the 'perfect' two drinks at the pub after work with colleagues followed by the store and home to drink all night. Remember that one. Good on you for getting through. Hoping the Lobster was tasty !
Old 09-14-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

It's surprising sometimes how well I could behave at an event....with the promise of a mag of wine waiting for me back home....

Well done, Scooter. Proud of you!
Old 09-14-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Sorry for not checking in for a while... I'm still going strong... Well, not feeling very strong right now but I've not reached for the bottle, even though I have really, really wanted to the last couple of days. I need to catch up on the gazillions of posts I've missed still... You guys write so much... :-D

So, the good news is today marked 1 month clean! I'm really happy about it, especially considering what a horrible month it has been.

The bad news is my kitty, Dave, is sick. Really sick. I took him into the vets on Saturday and he was given some Valium but he is just getting worse and worse. The vet said he is stressed, but Dave isn't eating or drinking, not moving, he has soiled himself a couple of times and is lethargic and not moving a lot. He also seems to be in pain around his rear end. I think he has a uti or a blockage in his digestive system but... Anyway, back to the vets tomorrow to get some answers. It kills me to see him like this. He just looks so desperately sad. He will let me pet him and will look up at me and purr softly but he is clearly so unhappy.

I can't lose my little man. I really hope the vet will xray him or ultrasound him or something and not just send us away with more Valium.

Take care x
Old 09-14-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Ah, it must be bed time for me.

Reading and posting helped after my tough day. I am so glad to have not taken a drink today, even though I feel shot to pieces.

Funny though, during the painful conversation today my head was screaming to get away and drink and forget all the carnage I have caused. A thought then popped in - "have to not drink and post on the class thread" so some magic at work on SR.

Sorry for over posting tonight, SR has been my saviour as I didn't get out in time for the AA meeting.

I am grateful to everyone today, and thanks for helping me get through. Tomorrow is another day in the journey and I hope to be more positive.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got through the day Sth

D
Old 09-14-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Hey team,
Just catching up on a few posts.I can really relate to the stories about the corner market. I use to rotate several, and its sad to say that even when I did this, they still knew what I was coming in for. The alcoholic mind is very shallow, thinking nobody knows.
I had a great day, but must say the old anger and jealousy, resentments did hit me full force this morning. The neighbors with "STUFF" had to make a big show of washing the sports car, then riding around on the nice Harley. Boy, do I love Harleys, and sports cars! Usually I would avoid going out, until they went in. But, not today. I just went about my day, going and coming as I wished. Its because I feel Im slowly getting my self worth back. And that is PRICELESS. Its very liberating to feel this way. Because Im very slowly, starting to LOVE ME again. It's been a very long time since I haven't felt intiminated by others. Just wanted to say if I had been hiding in a bottle, this never would have happened.
Glad to see Rah back, keep coming. My journey has been full of restarts, sometimes thats the way of it. Its a process for me, and I havent gotten it the first time around.
Planning on making these good times last.
Thanks so much Team August!
Old 09-14-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Hey zozo. I was thinking of you this evening actually, that you hadn't been around.

That's great on the month of sobriety, congrats, although I am sorry to hear your cat is poorly and I hope the vet can help.

Did you make it home to the UK after your news? I hope everything was OK for you.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Sunday evening here. Just finished dinner out w my hubby n neighbor. Neighbors treat. He kept trying to buy both my hubby n i drinks. Im proud and happy to report we both had tea. Unspiked. Ill be honest though. The smell of the Jack Daniels shots he was doing was soooo tempting

Loved reading all the posts today! I cracked up at the rotating connivence store stories. Ive done that too, while also trying to dodge our church friends. And i cant remember who posted about the clerk w all the questions who said it wouldve been easier to buy the wine n throw it out, but i laughed out loud at that one and even had to share w hubster. Thank you!
Old 09-14-2014, 06:20 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Love our group.

Just checking in...been busy with work and family...all good. Grateful to be sober today. My nephew was baptized today and people were drinking at the party but I was neutral to it. So relieved and can not even believe I feel this way. So grateful to be sober and present with my children, my sistas, my cutie nephews today.

Work it sober because YOU are WORTH it!

Old 09-14-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

OH! And for the icing in the cake.. As we were leaving the restaurant i ran into my moms best friend, who is married to a full blown AH. Had i been drinking she would have called me out on the spot and been on the phone w my mom within seconds. What a relief it was to giver her a hug and talk with her. My only concern was if i food stuck in my teeth. LOL
Old 09-14-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for part 6 guys:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

D