Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 5

Old 09-08-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

hey Team. I'm sad to report I am back on day 1 today. I believe a new plan is needed. This one obviously is not working for me.

Sorry guys.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

((((Penkins))) No apologies needed. Glad you are back and ready to do this.

We got you.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for checking in Penkins!

The fact that you said a new plan was needed underscores that you are ultimately going to achieve this goal!

I am the wrong person to give advice on plans since mine is pretty untraditional- but I'm certain with your attitude, and willingness to reach out, you'll ultimately find the ideal plan for you.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi guys & gals on day 27. Almost a month! Crazy. I'm going to go socialize with fellow student more later
Old 09-08-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Happy Monday August class!!

Glad to see you back penkins. Good for you jumping right back in, and recognizing that you need another plan.

Welcome domedou!! This is a great group. Lots to learn here, and plenty of wisdom.

Awesome work on 27 days bblackbird!! Very happy for your accomplishment.

Day 16 here--feeling well and at peace. Took a morning training class and have a full day of work ahead of me.

Thinking a bit about my training goals, and realize I have had none. Been working out solely to restore health and vitality, but think it's time (after over a year!!) to come up with a competitive objective. Think this might push me through to a new level. I also wish to pursue employment in the health/wellness field at some point in the future, so I see being fit as a necessity for me.

The A/V has been a bit quieter since the 2 week point, and for this I am grateful. I will never forget the slip that wasted another year of my life though, and how I thought I had this under control. This is something I will have to work on forever--it's just how it is for me.

Have a good one guys!!

MV
Old 09-08-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone,

After hitting the 19 day mark, I am back to Day 2. It's really my own fault. This weekend was a golf weekend which was really more about drinking all along. I had it planned prior to starting the sobriety unfortunately.

The one thing that I am happy about is there is no doubt in my mind.....I want to be sober right now so much more than I want to drink. I feel really resolved about that, and I actually have really good peace in my mind about that. Even started going to a bible study last night for the first time in my life which for me is helping with my priorities/peace of mind.

Sorry I let my team down, but moving forward I will not commit to future activities that are set up for failure.

Have a great week everyone, and keep sharing the success stories!!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:03 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Welcome dome

Glad you same back Penkins

Good for you blackbird!! I can't wait to get a month of sobriety. It will boost my self esteem to great levels

Mvn I am determined to beat my personal 5km record and I know this can be done so long as I quit the drink. It pushes me and helps me to stay focused

I am having a small dinner party but none of my guests will be drinking. Easier for me.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EagerforChange View Post
Hello Everyone,

After hitting the 19 day mark, I am back to Day 2. It's really my own fault. This weekend was a golf weekend which was really more about drinking all along. I had it planned prior to starting the sobriety unfortunately.

The one thing that I am happy about is there is no doubt in my mind.....I want to be sober right now so much more than I want to drink. I feel really resolved about that, and I actually have really good peace in my mind about that. Even started going to a bible study last night for the first time in my life which for me is helping with my priorities/peace of mind.

Sorry I let my team down, but moving forward I will not commit to future activities that are set up for failure.

Have a great week everyone, and keep sharing the success stories!!
Hi Eager. The fact that you prefere to be sober than drink is already a huge step forward.
When I was moderating, I wanted to be able to drink. I couldn't imagine my life without drinking at least once or twice during the week.

But now it's a different ball game. I am fed up of my drinking. It got me nowhere. Just fat and miserable. I felt like I have been in a mental prison, chained to my drinking schedule.

I absolutely love being sober.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Good day to you all! Sorry to hear that things haven't worked out the way you wanted penkins and eagerforchange but like has been said at least you are still determined to kick it and realize that your plan may need a little tweaking. You can both do it, of course you can, look for the changes that need to be made.

I'm still feeling lousy but it is not alcohol related and I'm still sober! I'm off to the hospital tomorrow to have my lung checked, I really hope it is going to be ok, it feels it. I've been a bit snappy today though, had a bit of an argument with my Mum about money but felt really guilty about it afterwards so apologized already. I ain't feeling 100% like I said and am tired so gonna have a bit of a rest now.

Keep on keepin on guys, you're doing great and I'm really glad you are here!
Old 09-08-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

thanks everyone. not giving up
Old 09-08-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I am at Day 29- Tomorrow makes ONE MONTH! Wahoo!

THANK YOU ALL for all the support. It has been invaluable!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post
hey Team. I'm sad to report I am back on day 1 today. I believe a new plan is needed. This one obviously is not working for me.

Sorry guys.
Try, try again! No need to apologize; we all know exactly how you feel.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Totally penkins, just happy you came back right away!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Welcome back Penkins so glad you are back with us on the right track!

Congratulations everyone on your milestones big and small. Every day we bank up one more sober day. One day at a time we live our freedom from alcohol.
Today I celebrate 4 weeks free from that poison !!! Woo-hoo!!!

My wife is baking a cake on Wednesday which will be my 30 day celebration! Nice to have her be a part of it. Makes it more "real" and less alone for me. Last few times I did this on my own I relapsed. This time I am getting everyone around me involved. Much less lonely. Plus I would drink in the past if I felt alone so making everyone around me a part of this is a win-win situation. Just wanted to share this strategy in case it helps anyone.

Love you all !! Go A-Team !!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Welcome back Penkins so glad you are back with us on the right track!

Congratulations everyone on your milestones big and small. Every day we bank up one more sober day. One day at a time we live our freedom from alcohol.
Today I celebrate 4 weeks free from that poison !!! Woo-hoo!!!

My wife is baking a cake on Wednesday which will be my 30 day celebration! Nice to have her be a part of it. Makes it more "real" and less alone for me. Last few times I did this on my own I relapsed. This time I am getting everyone around me involved. Much less lonely. Plus I would drink in the past if I felt alone so making everyone around me a part of this is a win-win situation. Just wanted to share this strategy in case it helps anyone.

Love you all !! Go A-Team !!!!
Fantastic!!!! way to go Chris!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:44 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Fantastic job on 1 month CaliChris! Oh yeaaaah!

Old 09-08-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Penkins. Ur sober time means so much more Just remember that. Stay with us.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:51 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

CaliChris - That is wonderful that your wife is baking you a cake to celebrate!

Thanks for sharing how your strategy of including family and friends is helping you to not feel alone.

I am trying to get people involved but my family and friends just don't get it. Made me feel very alone and angry at first.

Now, instead of setting myself up for disappointment I just don't expect them to say anything supportive and/or encouraging. It isn't that they don't care, they just really don't get it no matter how much I try to explain it to them. You would think that they would at least be happy for me or even just be happy that they don't have to deal with my drunk dials and days on end of deep depression anymore! Nope. Still nothing.

That is why I am so grateful for SR and my AA friends. You are my people.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
Fantastic job on 1 month CaliChris! Oh yeaaaah!
Thanks Grateful. Today is 4 weeks. Wednesday is 30 days. ...but thanks very much in advance !!! You all have contributed greatly to my sobriety and staying on track !!!!

PS- Conratulations to you as well WAY TO GO !!!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

It's good to see you come straight back penkins and eager Stay with us, you can do this!

Excellent work on 4 weeks calichris

Today I am relaxing. Cold is getting better but I have an eye infection which hurts. Been to the docs though. I am sure it's the last of the poison coming out after the heavy drinking....