Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 5

Old 09-12-2014, 02:35 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Me too applekat. Need a good distraction. AV reared is ugly head again on the way home tonight. Started thinking about my old job and how I was an active alcoholic while working there and then my mouth started watering for beer. I mean i wanted one so bad! Then I remembered how I posted that I'm not drinking today ... just a few hours earlier. Anyway. Point is I didn't and I'm 31 days and I have no clue how I'll make it past these early months. I've been a hard abuser of alcohol for at least 5 years. Just a hard day I guess.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

E
Old 09-12-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Cute - I've seen that one and like it! Unfortunately I'm limited to Netflix availability tonight at least!

BBF - STAY STRONG!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:44 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=knb02;4894263]Another thing Dingodog. I thought it was the situation with the ex that was holding me down but it wasn't. I was my addiction to drink that was holding me down!!! That's the honest truth.

Been there, done that!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Realized while still at work that I was planning to drink. Then realized that both of my daughters have plans tonight which is a perfect scenario for me to drink with no hiding and no one knowing. So I went and ate some gooey Italian food and I'm over it. But.. I also know that getting through a big craving or trigger can be an even bigger trigger for me the next day! In fact, most of my slips have occurred immediately after I got through a big situation sober. It never ends! But I'm good for tonight. One day at a time ...
Old 09-12-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

BBF-you'll make it one day at a time. One foot in front of the other, just like you have been doing for 31 days!! Don't look too far down the road. The AV loves to work with that! You are doing great-keep going
Old 09-12-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Cute - I've seen that one and like it! Unfortunately I'm limited to Netflix availability tonight at least!
Apple - I just rewatched the movie "The King's Speech" on Netflix a couple weeks. It won Best Picture and the acting is fab also. I had seen it years ago and forgot how good it is.

Enjoy your sober movie night!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Gonna say goodnight all. Here's to a hungover free Saturday mornings. Rooting for the ones who's AVs are screaming. Be strong.
X
Old 09-12-2014, 03:05 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I love my sobriety no matter how down in the dumps I feel. Good night
Old 09-12-2014, 03:11 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Movie recommendation. Called "may I be frank" about a 54 year old man from Bronx with alcohol and drug issues who meets some guys in a health food cafe who agree to be his life coach.

They teach him to love himself, change his diet and reach his goal of reconnecting with his daughter. I thought it was so awesome I cried! Jason Mraz did soundtrack. Worth a watch to feel uplifted.

AV attacked me too today team! We are all in the same boat. I did same thing, ate and checked here. 4 weeks on Monday, not worth starting over. Got to get through the typical feeling better then slip, regret it, and come back here and start over...

We can and will do this!!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Well done on 4weeks scooterboo!

Remember watching that movie Cute, remember the scene when she falls through the shower unit, hard hitting but pretty accurate portrayal of an alcoholic I thought.

Had a headache all day today, but managed to get to an AA step meeting, was on step 12 and got a lot out of it, someone was given a 1 year coin, and there was a wide mix of sobriety time.

Got another one planned for tomorrow and then having my girls for the rest of weekend which will be good.

Ive been hungrier and put weight on pink since quitting, I was probably a bit underweight and gaunt before so for me its a good thing, but started back on my weights yesterday and eating plenty of healthy stuff with lots of protein today- I have a tendency to be a little obsessional when doing exercise and eating right and it can be mentally quite exhausting, but can't do ANYTHING in moderation!!!
Old 09-12-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Applekat, I recently saw 2 good movies, divergent, kinda like a hunger games type movie, and noah. I think both available on netflix, if not redbox for sure. I'm a big movie buff myself. Enjoy.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Me too applekat. Need a good distraction. AV reared is ugly head again on the way home tonight. Started thinking about my old job and how I was an active alcoholic while working there and then my mouth started watering for beer. I mean i wanted one so bad! Then I remembered how I posted that I'm not drinking today ... just a few hours earlier. Anyway. Point is I didn't and I'm 31 days and I have no clue how I'll make it past these early months. I've been a hard abuser of alcohol for at least 5 years. Just a hard day I guess.
Bbfly, you've got this.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinklinzangel View Post
evening guys. since I stopped the drink I find im so much hungrier! is it psychological? feel so hungry all day. am drinking tonnes of water as well as meals to fill me up, just when I get into bed im still hungry even though ive had dinner! am I alone in this? think my metabolism is confused!!! hope you've all had a good day, im having a drink called qcumber - sparkling water with cucumber. its very odd, but trying new soft drink out!
I am also eating more; the first week I ate way too many sweets. I now have sugar-free, fat-free frozen yogurt, Trader Joe's dark chocolate with almonds bars and nuts. I realized that hunger is a drink-trigger for me, so I am eating healthy meals and indulging in treats. I don't want to weigh myself, as the scale has been another drink-trigger for me in the past.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

evening guys. since I stopped the drink I find im so much hungrier! is it psychological? feel so hungry all day. am drinking tonnes of water as well as meals to fill me up, just when I get into bed im still hungry even though ive had dinner! am I alone in this? think my metabolism is confused!!! hope you've all had a good day, im having a drink called qcumber - sparkling water with cucumber. its very odd, but trying new soft drink out!
You're not alone in this at all. I could eat all day. Especially sweets, which normally don't tempt me at all.

I've also developed very strong cravings for tea.

For now I'm just going to enjoy whatever I feel like, as long as it's not booze or smokes. I'm sure things will regulate themselves eventually.

Old 09-12-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hey all. It's late here but a night time check in.

Had a good AA meeting and a decent day. Sunshine in London today helped.

I have a big weekend with some personal stuff to sort out so need my strength.

Guys, I have been eating like a horse too. Nothing that will not even itself out with some low carb coming up, I am sure.

This evening I am going to sleep with 40 days of sobriety under my belt and I can start to see my way toward now.

Have a good day all. Let's see what time I wake up on a sober Saturday again. No where near midday like the old days.

Lots of posts today, been great to read. Stay strong with those AVs. Knocked mine on the head today, again telling me that all of London is out drinking and just one would not hurt. Oh, the AV lies. Damn him!!
Old 09-12-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

ditto here. i eat and drink water all day. sub for a flavored drink at night and i go to bed hungry.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Anyone ever go back read your very first post when the a AV comes a callin? I just did, worked like a charm.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I've adoped a seafood diet this past month. I see food and I eat it. I'm so full.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Drink Update:

tried putting a cinnamon stick in my diet soda. couldn't taste any difference.

tried Torani sugar-free coconut flavor in diet soda. now this yummy!!!!

Friday night here, about 6:30 pm. sober with no hint of AV tonight. course hubby n i r fed, showered in pjs and no alcohol in the house tonight!!! woohoo!!

got tonight in the bag!!