Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 15

Old 09-11-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Obo- I guess we all have decks to clear ... You sure do seem like the kind of person that has a lot going on beyond the deck. Don't lose hope!

Everyone else- whatever day we're on, I'm proud of us. We're an awesome bunch o' fools. Don't forget it!

You guys have given me much inspiration- Ive learned a lot from each of you over the past few months. We may never meet in person but you have been friends I can relate to more than I've been able to relate to anyone in a long time. Thanks for sharing your hearts-

Love always -

-I
Old 09-11-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thank You Izzy for being here with us - you are a "shining light" here! Love to you too

Doc called me (himself) this am to tell me blood work was good, so that was a great start to the day and took a load off my mind.

I have been reading from the anxiety & phobia workbook recommended by the counselor we were seeing for awhile. A lot of great information & I am making it a must to study from it at least twice a week & start to implement the strategies for dealing with the anxiety & also the social phobia. So, I will be taking time each morning....after taking Son to the bus to come home & do some deep breathing exercises & visualization & try & really, really put that in place in my life with situations arise that I would normally drink over.

I'm with Izzy....I love you all Thank you for being here for me.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Great news on the blood work, Mary!

WHEN I make it through today.....it will be 25 full days and finally surpass my previous longest stint. Thank goodness.

I just want to keep going and hit 4 weeks, then a month...

Happy Friday all!
Old 09-12-2014, 09:29 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm not sure my boyfriend and I should be together. I go home and I'm sober, no problem for two months. I come back and I can't string two weeks together. He literally swerved the car around yesterday to go get liquor. And availability is a big trigger for me. Anyway, I had some to drink last night and I'm not happy about it this morning. He doesn't understand what an alcoholic is and my AV I guess doesn't want him to. I think that he wants me to be okay enough to handle drinking despite all the evidence that proves to the contrary. Mostly because he wants to drink and doesn't want to feel so bad about it. Last night he was trying to pin buying alcohol on me even though HE SWERVED THE CAR AROUND. And it's exhausting. I'm not sure what to do. We've been together almost 5 years and he's my family. But I'm worried about myself.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:36 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Fools - Today is 4 weeks for me and I feel so good about being sober. I can't imagine drinking again. Alcohol is a major trigger for my depression. Feeling as I did 28 days ago I never want to drink again. Maybe I hot rock bottom. Or maybe its just clicked now. I am at the point where I am weeding out those people/places/things that trigger me. I want to be the best person and mom I can be and I now know I can't if I am drinking.

I hope everyone here is doing well and staying sober too. Take care this weekend.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:16 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you posted Rocks - I think it would be really difficult to not drink, being around someone else that does. I know my last boyfriend would have preferred if I could have just been a normal drinker, but I'm not & that is just the way that is. I hope you can find some good support where you are now & continue your sober journey.....you are SO worth it Rocks - Don't ever give up!!

Ahhh Kelly, so glad to read your post - I'm there with you - LOVE my sober life & I too just want to continue & be "that Mom" they love & deserve.

Atta Girl Kat - So proud of you....keep going & don't look back....there is nothing there!!

Happy Friday Fools!! I can't wait to leave the office today
Old 09-12-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by greenturtle View Post
Hi Fools - Today is 4 weeks for me and I feel so good about being sober. I can't imagine drinking again. Alcohol is a major trigger for my depression. Feeling as I did 28 days ago I never want to drink again. Maybe I hot rock bottom. Or maybe its just clicked now. I am at the point where I am weeding out those people/places/things that trigger me. I want to be the best person and mom I can be and I now know I can't if I am drinking.

I hope everyone here is doing well and staying sober too. Take care this weekend.
These words are just so good. I feel exactly the same this morning.

In for the Fools bargain this weekend.
Finals footy.
Swimming.
Apple juice.
Massaman curry.

Hope all the fools are well!!!

stay tuned.....
Old 09-13-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi Rocks, are you here this morning?? Thinking about you & hope you check in here.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Beautiful Saturday morning here - So glad to have a couple of days at home. Have no big plans but to do the usual cleaning & really hope to make a dent in the back yard work.

I need to talk to my boss next week. I'm wanting to have a pay increase & also an increase in the hours that I work. I am a great multi tasker, but feel that I am being stretched to the limits of what I can accomplish in my 6 hour days. I feel like I am going
full throttle from the time I walk in the door till I leave everyday & I don't think I can keep that pace up & always be accurate in the work I do. Saw a posting for a great job last night that I am very qualified for. Time to make a change, one way or another.

Wishing you all a good Saturday
Old 09-13-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry for disappearing, but I had to work some stuff out before having another go at this. I'm ready - so, Day One.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Atta Girl DD! So glad to see you here!! On the run, be back later
Old 09-13-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back DD
I hope you check in too Rocks

Have a great day Obo
Best wishes for your job prospects MG

Way to go on 4 weeks GreenTurtle

D
Old 09-13-2014, 06:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Long, dumpy day.
Ending it with a BOWL of ice cream instead of my cup size serving.
Not drinking.

Miss ya Fools, lots of people to check in!

Hi DD! Big hugs!
Old 09-13-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hey Fools

Thought I would say hi. Today is 5 months and I'm going to be in trouble if I don't post here.

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:45 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Hey Fools

Thought I would say hi. Today is 5 months and I'm going to be in trouble if I don't post here.

Hope you all are doing well.
What a treat, UP! Congrats on 5 months. Proud of you! You're an inspiration, friend.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I missed you guys.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Morning all..........
Good to see you UP!
Hope you have a good one too Dee...

Sunday morning here in HK, hot again.
Dreams last night of drinking again.
Weird justification that I had done nearly 5 months so that would do. Had a pint with a mate then tripped out about it....
Woke up again with huge relief, took an hour to get back to sleep.
Still a few wires loose me thinks...

Hope all the Fools are having a good weekend.

stay tuned....
Old 09-13-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good here Obo

D
Old 09-13-2014, 09:58 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Quick post - I have 2 baby girls with me tonight - one almost 2yr & one about 8 months...my great nieces. I think I will try and get some sleep while they are Great sober day!!

congrats on 5 months UP!! Great to see you post
Old 09-13-2014, 10:00 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator

Missed your post Up - congrats - and good to see you!

D