Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 15

Old 09-09-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been away for a bit... very busy! I will need several hours to catch up so I just wanted to check in. Hope everyone is doing okay. I am still sober And now I am also clean from valium. No more anything. Whew!
Old 09-09-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey all! Super busy week. Terrible time to be sick. Antibiotics doing a little but mostly just toughing through some long days in lab. Still sober. On the good end, being sick is taking up any thoughts of drinking. My slip from two weekends ago is feeling more like a slip within the last three months or so than a complete starting over and that's good. Been sober for 73 out of the last 76 days and on day 8 of this current run. Hope everyone is having a nice week out there!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good to see you Present & glad things are going well

You sound good Rocks - Keep moving forward Do you have a heavy schedule with school?

I have not been feeling so hot since Friday......stomach is feeling yuck, my "bones" hurt (this is not muscle soreness) & just feel "weird" in my head. Almost didn't go to work today, but made myself go & was feeling terrible by the end of the day. Think I will try to make Dr's appt tomorrow if I'm feeling the same. Home with wool socks on under a blanket watching Escape from Alcatraz with Son. In my 29th day today, feeling all kinds of emotions the last few days. Night All
Old 09-09-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Just checking in, ....

Hope you're feeling better soon Rocks,,

Congrats on the successful taper Present !

Mariah, ...glad the new morning routine is working out well, .... I have no (good) suggestions for insomnia, but am confident you'll be sleeping like a baby in no time with that kind of schedule.

Nice work ST, ...really beautiful, actually.

Greenturtle , ...glad to hear from you and you're doing well.

Desperately need to get some sleep tonight myself !?! , ..

Hang in there Lucrezia
Old 09-09-2014, 11:36 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see all you guys

D
Old 09-10-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Well I screwed up a couple of times. I drank a bottle of wine one night and then another day I drank 4 beers.

I cracked under the stress of moving. It has been a pretty miserable time.

We moved most of our stuff in a short amount of time. It was really hectic.

Right around the same day we moved I discovered that my daughter and I had lice. Yes disgusting. I have no idea where it came from but it has been a nightmare. I have discussed my anxiety before. Well the lice situation nearly caused me to have a nervous breakdown, dealing with it on top of everything else. I know this is gross to talk about but that's whats going on in my life and it is beyond horrible. I am going crazy checking my daughters head and cleaning everything.
The house we live in is a huge cluster muck. Everything is out of order and I feel like I can't keep the place clean because people are walking in and out from the garage unloading the things we have stored in there. I like things to be very organized and I don't know but I may have some sort of OCD because I cannot relax with the way things are and it cant get done quick enough.

This place doesnt have AC or a dishwasher. We were able to put a window unit in but not until after the first few days which were uncharacteristically hot for the area. The sink only has one basin. So doing dishes is not easy. There isn't much counter space.

I'm still glad we moved here. THis is still by far the best home we found in the area and I'm happy to be near my husband and close to the kids school. THe school seems awesome and my son is doing really good.

OK gotta go
Old 09-10-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

So I only had 2 days until my 2 month mark when I drank the wine
Very disappointed in myself.

I'm hoping to get this house in order as soon as possible. But I told my husband maybe we should start taking little breaks and doing things outside of the house so that maybe I won't get so overwhelmed. We're getting ready to go for a bike ride.

Unfortunately I am sick. The whole family got it. Oh and my son fractured his wrist.
This past week or so has been insanely frustrating! Like one thing on top of another. I really think I need to start just taking time for myself. Even if only 30 minutes a day.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

I empathise with the moving. This time I had lists and made sure I was ready, and this time (for the first time) I made sure I was fully unpacked as soon as possible Solil.

I know a family's much bigger than my move but I think the basic concepts are the same. I hope it won't take too much longer to feel at home.

I'm glad you made it back here

D
Old 09-10-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hang in there Soli, you'll get the new house sorted, and start feeling better about it soon. Taking breaks from it is a really good idea. I am expert at lice eradication, PM me of you need any help. Lice was epidemic at my daughter's elementary school, and she had the longest hair there, so I have plenty of experience, and always got rid of them all the way the first time.
Mariah, could it be the smoke in the air that's making you feel bad? It's been pretty smokey where I live, too, and I was feeling lousy until I left town. For a few days I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, but finally realized I was probably reacting to the smoke in the air. Hopefully we'll have a short fire season this year.
Good to see you, Present. It must be such a relief to be off of Valium, and alcohol too, of course. I think you did the smart and safe thing in slowly weaning yourself off of Valium, and I'm so glad you are all through with the process.
Rocks, I hope you start feeling better soon. Strep can really take a lot out of you, but so can antibiotics. It's a good idea to take some kind of probiotic while talking antibiotics, and for a while after you're done with them, too. That might help you feel a bit better now.
Topspin, I hope you got enough sleep last night. I really don't think you get enough.
All is well with me today.
Take care Fools, and stay strong.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Sounds stressful Solilo...moving a family is no small task & I too have a hard time "relaxing" when things are not in order. Good idea to make sure you take a break form it all & get outside. Nice that you will be close to your husband now & glad the schools look good

Good to see you post this morning TS - have missed you here - hope you get some good rest before heading back to work tonight.

Feeling better & a little more rested this morning. Have a good day everyone
Old 09-10-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Adna, the smoke isn't bad here at all & thankful for that after last year. Hope you are having a fabulous time while your away...great that you have time with your Grandparents again
Old 09-10-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Adna I'm going to PM you right now.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:44 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey fools-

Hope everyone's doing ok!

Mariah- glad you're feeling better.

Rocks- you too, although I'm with Adna on the probiotic suggestion. How is school?

Top- you sound great and happy . Good luck getting some sleep!

Soli- moving can be such a pain. Glad you're in a better place for your family. When it rains it pours I guess- that's lots of stress at once!

Luc- I love your analogy of a bad x. I can definitely relate.

Adna- sounds like a good trip! Hope you're having lots of fun. Glad you're getting that time with your grandparents. I think you'll always be so thankful for it .

Obo- you were having some bad dreams? How's your time solo going? Yeah, I went from free-spirited to completely freaked out when we were expecting our first. I guess it's all part of it. You'll do fine.

Present- great to hear from you- congratulations!

Kat, chick, up, everyone ... Check in when you can.

I faced a "worse fear" of mine last week. I had watched "Captain Phillips" and I think I wanted to be as bad-a... Well, you know - as the seals in that movie. They were so inspiring. So I did something that for me was very scary. And it turned out great! Makes me want to face more fears. I think I have been running and hiding for so long that it became my auto-pilot.

Sobriety does have it's advantages!

Stay strong, fools!
Old 09-10-2014, 10:16 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Long Day.....Went to see Doc today. I told him the best I can describe how I am feeling is how I felt about 10 years ago when I had a parasite infection....just yuck & very fatigued. So doing some tests to have that checked out, which will take a couple of weeks at least & also they did blood/urine test at the lab there today and hope to have results for those before the week-end to put to rest some of the thoughts of it being something more than a icky parasite.

I will wake with 30 days tomorrow.....It has been such a struggle this last year to make that (had 53 days at one time this year) and I've been kind of "anticipating" the big day, but tonight I think it is just such a "pinch" of time in the big picture, but I guess that's why were not supposed to look at the big picture....ayyyy? So, one day at a time we go mates.
Old 09-10-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 30 days MG - hope you feel better soon

D
Old 09-11-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Awesome on 30 days Mariah.......
Izzy: solo time is over, it was actually pretty good, therapeutic even. Yes dreams of booze and old fights with people were a little haunting. Everything that happened during the 'wonder years'is still in my head filed somewhere. t's gonna be a long process for Obo to really clear the decks...

Hope the rest of the Fools are OK....

stay tuned......
Old 09-11-2014, 04:30 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Well done on 30 days Mariah! I'm so proud of you, girl!

I hope you start feeling better. I've been dragging so much. Just low energy. It's disappointing since I'm not drinking, sleeping a bit better (still with a 4 yr old visiting my bed each night) and also have been taking a multi vitamin for 3 weeks now.

This stuff takes time, I just have to remind myself!! Day 24. There's that!
Old 09-11-2014, 05:05 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Awesome on 24 days applekat, it's no small feat......
Old 09-11-2014, 07:17 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Thanks Dee, Apple & Obo Great job on 24 days Kat!!

Bus started picking kids up 15 minutes earlier today......so are leaving at 6:35 in the mornings. Working out well, as I told son to knock on my door when HE is ready, and so far He is up & at em. I was eating a chocolate/raspberry protein bar when I blew into my device this morning & it registered as "violate" but gave me a pass the second go round. 5 1/2 months left out of 2 years blowing into that thing every time I start my car. Will have it removed on April Fools Day next year. LOL - Great day everyone.

How are you doing Lucrecia, Kelly, ST, Up - your missed!! Miss you too Dancing D & StormiNormi!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 30 days, Mariah! I hope all your tests come back good, and that you're feeling better soon.
Congratulations on your 24, Applekat. That's got to feel good.
I hope all the rest of you are feeling good and strong today.