Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 4

Old 09-04-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by calichris View Post
Thanks fore checking in dingodog Feeling crabby and sober is 1,000 times better than crabby and hung-over !!!!
Totally agree!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScooterBoo View Post
Good morning. Today is Day 20 for me! First time I have reached 20 days in more than 20 years.
Last night my book club meeting was held at the restaurant we meet at at least three Wednesdays a month during the off-season. It was our first meeting there since Memorial Day as it is filled with tourists all summer.
I was the first one to arrive. Our usual waitress, one of the owners, asked if I wanted Lite beer or wine. I told her I was doing low carb and sticking with water. She did not comment, beyond asking how my summer was. (We have been going to this restaurant since the book club formed about five years ago.) Later when two other members arrived, the waitress came back and asked where (the woman who commented on my drinking before book club) was, and someone answered that she had company and could not make it. The waitress replied, "Oh, I was hoping she dropped out of your group. She is a real beaut." We all smiled without commenting, but I felt so, so, so vindicated by that!
Well done Scooter!!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grateful11 View Post
Hey Team A! Just checking in on day 25. Woke up to a HUGE thunderstorm...I love it! I am so happy right now. Feel great physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Grateful to be sober today, grateful for SR, grateful for #Team August.

I'm enjoying good reads this morning...then plan on working, then yoga at home with candles and nature music, then dinner at home with a friend. I love my new sober life.

We can do this Team! Honesty smashes the AV!
Well done Grateful
Old 09-04-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hobbers View Post
25 glorious days today! Keep it up, August pals! We GOT this!

And if you break, just stop, right now, right as you read this, and start right now! Pour it all out, and start fresh!
Well done Hobbers!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Wow I haven't clapped this much in ages! Lol

So many of you reaching a month or over. It's fantastic! So inspiring for me..thank you guys for posting your struggles, your concerns, challenges, overcoming them. Really helps me a lot.

I can't wait to reach my twenties too. :-)
Old 09-04-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

I am loving the fireworks! How come I don't have fireworks?
Old 09-04-2014, 01:23 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

On day 18 here. Have always worked out, but am finely seeing the benefits of feeling alot more energetic and stronger when I lift. Have found some strength in some typical routines that builds confidence, things like Toastmaster's and maintaining positive self-talk. Find your thing that makes you feel good about yourself, and just do it.

May be a hurdle this weekend. Golf weekend that has historically been about 15 friends and a total drunkfest. Luckily, several of my friends that are normally giving me the most crap know that I have not been drinking. Probably never broke it to them that it is permanent. Hopefully they are all drunk and don't even realize I am not drinking. Probably wishful thinking.

Good luck to everyone on your continued successes!!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EagerforChange View Post
Hi everyone,

On day 18 here. Have always worked out, but am finely seeing the benefits of feeling alot more energetic and stronger when I lift. Have found some strength in some typical routines that builds confidence, things like Toastmaster's and maintaining positive self-talk. Find your thing that makes you feel good about yourself, and just do it.

May be a hurdle this weekend. Golf weekend that has historically been about 15 friends and a total drunkfest. Luckily, several of my friends that are normally giving me the most crap know that I have not been drinking. Probably never broke it to them that it is permanent. Hopefully they are all drunk and don't even realize I am not drinking. Probably wishful thinking.

Good luck to everyone on your continued successes!!
Check in with us this weekend EagerforChange! Sober power to you !!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
I am loving the fireworks! How come I don't have fireworks?
I am not sure I can get to fireworks on my phone but on the computer you go to "Smilies" all the way down to "Show all Smilies" and you get hundreds of animations to choose from if you expand the window and scroll down
Old 09-04-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

A week sober today and so so happy for it!! Feel like I'm heading in the right direction now and want to keep this so badly now that I'm gonna go to any lengths to keep it! A quiet ish day for me, not done lots but still looking for work and looking forward to getting back to earning and having a productive routine. Good vibes to you guys, keep it up.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:55 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

:
Old 09-04-2014, 01:56 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Ha ha I found it. Thanks Calichris. There's hundreds to chose from!!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brach123 View Post
A week sober today and so so happy for it!! Feel like I'm heading in the right direction now and want to keep this so badly now that I'm gonna go to any lengths to keep it! A quiet ish day for me, not done lots but still looking for work and looking forward to getting back to earning and having a productive routine. Good vibes to you guys, keep it up.
Good for you Brach
Old 09-04-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I got out of rehab yesterday. But didn't make a meeting. Made a meeting this afternoon and finally got my 90 day keytag! I've had the white one for so long the gold lettering was gone. I didn't know when this day was going to come.

I spent my morning in front of the computer >.>
Did a little work out
Made a meeting
About to go out to eat dinner with family
Go on a jog tonight
Old 09-04-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Well done brach on one week sober! You're through the hardest part now mate.

Congratulations to everyone else on their milestones, we're really starting to roll now, we've got those AV's of ours on the run!!

Had a good productive day work-wise and more importantly recovery-wise. Did a bit of step 4 work, spoke to my sponsor and then went to a meeting. Just got to let go of things I have no control of...

Called my ex to see how my daughters are getting on in school but she didn't answer- mobile or landline, was worried but after going to meeting Ive let go and will wait for her to call me now, she's probably just not in a good head space.

Lots and lots of great posts here as always, such a fantastic support for me to know Im not alone in this. Thank you all.
Old 09-04-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brach123 View Post
Fantastic Brach!

Keep on keepin' on!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Day 6! Feeling good!

Did run out of gas, and spilled it ALL over me when refilling it with the canister. Have got to reshower before the AA meeting tonight lest they think I've switched to huffing gasoline!

Making dinner with my family now. Something I'd typically be hiding in my room drinking during. Spoke with the ladies in charge of the AA women's retreat this weekend. Going to go Saturday and Sunday, I think. A friend of mine, who has relapsed but used to be a devout AA member may even go with me!

Was kind of bummed out by a fellow member on here during chat who implied I wasn't taking my sobriety seriously. Attempted to apologize and got brushed off. It kind of sucks because I really STILL don't see what I did wrong. I'm really new here, and excited, and chatty, and want to share. I almost didn't want to come back. However, the positives have FAR outweighed my one negative experience.

So proud, and happy for everyone! Cant wait for a week, tomorrow! Already have sober plans to go swim!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 4llison View Post
Day 6! Feeling good!

Did run out of gas, and spilled it ALL over me when refilling it with the canister. Have got to reshower before the AA meeting tonight lest they think I've switched to huffing gasoline!

Making dinner with my family now. Something I'd typically be hiding in my room drinking during. Spoke with the ladies in charge of the AA women's retreat this weekend. Going to go Saturday and Sunday, I think. A friend of mine, who has relapsed but used to be a devout AA member may even go with me!

Was kind of bummed out by a fellow member on here during chat who implied I wasn't taking my sobriety seriously. Attempted to apologize and got brushed off. It kind of sucks because I really STILL don't see what I did wrong. I'm really new here, and excited, and chatty, and want to share. I almost didn't want to come back. However, the positives have FAR outweighed my one negative experience.

So proud, and happy for everyone! Cant wait for a week, tomorrow! Already have sober plans to go swim!
Why would they say such a statement?
Old 09-04-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem scibro

4llison - I try to always gear myself towards the positive and helpful.

Everyone has a right to their opinion - but it's your recovery and it's your decisions that count

D
Old 09-04-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Hi Team,

Great to read everyone's updates as always.

Wow, I do have to tell you, tonight was a tough one. Went out to meet my partner's new work mate and his friends for drinks. We're still relatively new in town, so it's always good to meet new people.

When we got there, there were about 16 people around a table which could seat only 8, so everyone was crammed around the table. I get slightly claustrophobic in crowds like that, so that was great (1). To no surprise (and totally expected) there was beer galore flowing around me (2) and because we were outside clouds of smoke in my face (3). And (because 1-3 wasn't enough) I was absolutely famished (4) and it took ages for us to order food, until everyone had their beers (4.1) and we got a seat at the table (4.2).

BUT! Yours truly prevailed! Went to my happy place and rode it out until I could finally gulp down that burger and wash it all down with an ice cold coca cola. Yummers.

Once (4) was fixed the rest got a lot easier to manage and I ended up having a lot of fun meeting new people tonight.

Just got home and having a reward-tea while writing this and feeling pretty good about myself. Or as my lovely (and a bit tipsy) man put it: "You're indestructible, you're like a f***ing tank!"

On that note, good night August Army. Keep fighting!