Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 3

Old 08-26-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Yes, I'm a christian. I will check it out, thanks .
Old 08-26-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

So does anyone know what happens this thread at the end of the month? Will it be locked and us left to wander aimlessly around the other threads of this forum pressing our noses in to see what troubles we can identify with or sympathise with?

I hope it stays open...I have gotten kinda dependent . Typical addict eh!

Dingo dog, well done for dropping by here . You are made of strong stuff. Finding a counsellor for yourself is a really good idea. It will give you space to unravel your thoughts and especially the anger(that's such a strong trigger for me) and sadness it's first cousin..

Sometimes partners can't make the shift required and you can only change yourself which is what your posts are full of...your change. Keep pushing girl...the tide always turns.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

The thread will continue. Some are five years old and still (occasionally) active. I'm in the August 2013 class and our little group soldiers merrily on...
Old 08-26-2014, 12:04 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

It'll stay open so don't worry. I'm kinda dependent as well.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hey advbike,

Thanks for replying. I know it's early early early days but give us a flavour of what it's like 12 months on.

The top 5 best bits and your 1 best piece of advice. Just in from a wheezy 10 km shuffle crawl and I find myself seeking inspiration.

If you don't mind?.?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Well hopefully I will know you people for a long time then :-)
Old 08-26-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Just had a nose at class Aug 2011. Some of them are three years sober. Incredible
Old 08-26-2014, 12:15 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thanks raggletaggle. Yeah, I need to realize I can't change others, but I can do the work to bring change within myself. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Yeah I just jumped in too. I feel like such a novice...not going in there again yet...
Anyhow that's all from me today. I won't drink. Go well august people.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:03 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Just keep up the good work, dingodog! As long as you realize that nothing your husband says or does has the power to make you drink, I think being honest about your needs and desires is a good thing. He might not honor your request, but there is no harm in asking!

Losing weight- in the beginning of the summer I was complaining at work that I was working out every day and had reduced calories, but hadn't lost any weight. (I don't think there is a diet out there that can accommodate a minimum of 1200 extra beer calories per night-lol). A coworker said that I didn't dream big enough-that my goal to lose 5 pounds wouldn't get me anywhere. I had to aim at 30 pounds and just go for it. That sounded horrible, so began nordic walking in the morning and biking in the evenings every day. Then I started packing my camera, and that made me want to go farther to find something new to photograph. Then I quit drinking and that helped a bunch!

I think I am suffering from PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) right now. If you haven't run into this-don't worry-historically I seem to suffer from this much worse than other people, but I hadn't put it together until today. I haven't gotten much sleep for a number of nights now-like 2 and 3 hours. It's beginning to show at work. Hope it passes soon-but nothing to drink over. I'm so thankful that I'm out of that nightmare. Insomnia, irritability, and anxiety plus daily crushing hangover?? No thanks.

What is all of this running you speak of?? What is happening??!? Impressive!!!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:08 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I just posted in my old June of 2011 group today. Seems like there are only a handful still posting and got the news that one of my original classmates passed away at a relatively young age apparently from his addiction. Sad news.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:09 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hang in there dingo. I agree that the therapy for self is a good idea even if husband isnt interested.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Choobie What's this PAWS you are talking about? I love running. Been running on and off for ten years. To me it's the best way to burn calories fast, get fit and reduce stress.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
I just posted in my old June of 2011 group today. Seems like there are only a handful still posting and got the news that one of my original classmates passed away at a relatively young age apparently from his addiction. Sad news.

Oh no!!!! That's so sad!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Ugh. That made me quiver. That's my fear sometimes...that I have already done permanent damage to my insides. Deep breath. Deep breath
Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

But that's the reality of our drinking. We are slowly killing ourselves if we carry on abusing our bodies like this :-/
Old 08-26-2014, 01:32 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Sorry blackbird!!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
A proud moment for me! Bumped into my ex and had coffee with him. We got on really well and left each other happy. You don't know the history but he broke my heart so many times.

Now normally I would use him as the perfect excuse to drink myself stupid. I would drown myself in self pity and really beat myself up. I would Tell myself that he left me because I am not good enough, pretty enough, interesting enough. My self hatred would get worse the more I drank. I would then blame him that I am drinking!! I would send him messages pleading, begging for him to reconsider..then become abusive if he said no.

I did this so many times to him this year.

BUT NOT the new me!!!'

He left.....and I carried on with my sober life!!! I thought about what to cook for dinner and then did the ironing. Lol.

Oh it's just marvellous
wonderful!! very proud of you!
Old 08-26-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

[QUOTE="Raggletaggle;4861711"]So does anyone know what happens this thread at the end of the month? Will it be locked and us left to wander aimlessly around the other threads of this forum pressing our noses in to see what troubles we can identify with or sympathise with?

I hope it stays open...I have gotten kinda dependent . Typical addict eh! QUOTE]

lol. thats funny. only cuz i relate!
Old 08-26-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by penkins View Post
wonderful!! very proud of you!
Thanks Penkins ...but I have gorged on packets of biscuits tonight. Not good either. But I suppose it's much better than drinking.