Notices

Class of March 2013 part 31

Old 08-12-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Great to see you, Dee! Hope you're getting over your flu!
Old 08-12-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better Dee - thanks for the check in. Watching Frozen for the 800th time (sigh). Good night all.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

My oldest son had an extreme fixation on The Gods Must Be Crazy II! It was a South African film, and it had two people in a mini-helicopter with the floor missing, and they had to land it with their feet. My son loved that, and we had to watch it over and over and over--as well as The Little Mermaid for the girls.

For my younger kids, it was Pokemon. (My favorites were Koffing, Weezing, and Snorlax).
Old 08-12-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Gilmer, loved your coat......even the sound of it makes me all warm and snuggly.

I've struggled and white knuckled it through the night guys....I'm trying to get in contact with someone who can recommend a contact person for a meeting I want to go to tonight. I know I can obv just walk in but it be nice to have a contact.

Sun is shining which is good but it is just sooooooo cold, this has been our coldest one for a long time. Hope you all well. Happy Wednesday Marcher and Dee, good tuesday night to the rest of you lovely Marchers.....including the lurkers. xx
Old 08-12-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Marcher, thanks for asking. The cleaning people came but it was a new crew and the job they did was really poor. I spent the next 3 days re-doing what they had (and had not) done. Somewhat frustrating :-( my kitty has been reasonably good. She is eating and still sleeps with me as usual but when she sleeps during the day it's usually under the comforter except for today. Right now she's in a corner of the living room hiding out. She is quieter today than usual and that always brings out a little worry in me.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Mr Marcher's MRI comes out for the best!

I'm exhausted after this morning's session, have a lecture on the middle east all morning tomorrow, another 3-hour group session Thursday, condo closing Friday and AA meeting Friday evening. Whew! Not much spare time and the little there is I usually feel too fried to do much except vegetate! I will say, however, that it is helping so far. I am cautiously optimistic.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Sorry the cleaning people were duds, Sass!

It is good to be busy.

Life, good job not drinking. Sometimes you just have to hang on with your fingernails!
Old 08-13-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Life there are occasions when we have to white knuckle it but we don't have to do it all the time in early recovery. I'd urge you to be here online at SR and participating in discussions after work, for me it was a lifeline in the early months -- SR brings accountability and supportive understanding. Hiding out and isolating brings on the same old same old.

What about signing in here? I do it every day to keep myself accountable. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-10-a-17.html
Old 08-13-2014, 04:25 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Also, Life, I recommend you read through the 24-hour thread. People post brief snippets of what they're going through, or inspirational quotes that are really wise and encouraging--and there are sometimes songs that hit home about addiction or related things.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys quick check in. Today
The rellies ( there you go Life an Aussieism!) arrive so may not post so frequently but will keep up.

Sass I hope you didn't pay the cleaners and I hope you complained. Otherwise they don't know they did a bad job. The whole point was to relieve some of your burden not to add to it. Don't worry about kitty, her behaviour sounds pretty normal to me for a cat in a new house. My Spud found a lifted board in our bathroom and spent the next three days in the footings, sneaking out to eat and drink while we slept! He settled good as new shortly after. That was a traumatic move for him, an English cat exiled to Scotland and having to live with his (then) arch nemesis (hubby) and rival for my affections. It was a huffy few weeks!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Ah well, Toots ... part of your advice I already did. When they finished "cleaning", it was hot and humid, I was exhausted from moving, the floors were still damp and I didn't want to walk on them. So i paid and went home. Next day I discovered how bad the job was, especially one item I had discussed with them specifically and they didn't do. So i emailed the manager describing the results. I didn't hear back. So i emailed her again with the newer longer list and said I expected a refund. She did respond and is supposedly sending a check. If I don't have it by Monday, I will call.

I can't wait until Friday noon! Closing on condo should be over, check in the bank and my week will be over. I can now see 90% of the living room carpet where there is no furniture and have started on the bedroom, I had a good night's sleep last night (except when cat threw up all over the comforter), I decided to skip the morning in lecture on the Middle East in order to chill, and oh yes, still sober :-)))) last drink on 8/6.

Have a good day, Marchers!
Old 08-13-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Sounds like you're on the way to a good day, Sass.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Quick check in, still slow in Buddville, getting too bored sitting around the house before work, so I am learning how to work on cars. Spending some time with our base auto shop guys and picking up a few things.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Budd, kudos to you for doing something about the boredom!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Sounds like you're on the way to a good day, Sass.
thanks, Gilmer. It does feel good :-)

I'm making active choices and they don't involve isolating but do include getting enough rest.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Well, a piece of New York cheesecake saved the day! I had an appointment with my favorite pdoc today and it was really raining in the small New England town where he has his office. I spent 1/2 hour + driving around trying to find a parking space and so was 15 minutes late and soaked to the skin. Now I'm not quite as OCD as I used to be about being late but did feel rather stressed. When I left, I so much wanted a glass of wine I could almost taste it. Stopped at my favorite store, bypassed the wine section and got a piece of cheesecake. Too many calories to do on a regular basis but this seemed like an emergency worth the calories. I just got home and ate the cheesecake. Still feeling some cravings but tickled that I didn't cave :-) Feels like a big victory!
Old 08-13-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Probly no more calories than a glass of wine. Good choice!
Old 08-13-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Probly no more calories than a glass of wine. Good choice!
Not quite, lol!

1 glass white wine = approx 200 calories
1 piece NY cheesecake = somewhere between 380 and 810 calories.

However, since 1 glass of wine inevitably leads to more for me, it probably does come out the same. The "guilt calories" are infinitely greater for the wine! So yes, you are right on, Trachy!
Old 08-13-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Now, will someone please remind me to NOT drink a whole pot of coffee tomorrow? Too much caffeine messes with my ADs. Been jittery all afternoon.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I switched to decaf, Trach. I never thought I'd see the day! But i was miraculously able to wean off of regular a little at a time; it only took three days. I did not get a withdrawal headache.

I've got less energy in the afternoon--but i don't have jitters and tremors anymore.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I've been ok with just two or three cups. I just need to make less. If I make a full pot, I drink it.