Notices

Class of March 2013 part 31

Old 08-27-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

:

Tell me at 10 PM that I need to work a golf tournament at 9 in the morning!

:

damn good think I don't drink.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:02 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Well, the bright side is you're not all hung over!
Old 08-28-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

This is true.

Work today, work tomorrow, go to PCB. Not a bad plan.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Have a fun time!
Old 08-28-2014, 03:19 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Yep, have fun, Trachy!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Watch out for wayward balls Trachy!!

Marcher! Both of you overslept? That is a sure sign you need another holiday... Stat!

Budd, I'd love to come visit you in the Keys too, I have a can opener! I also have some PotPies woohoo!!! I love the things inspectors get all anal about, I'm glad yours wasn't about anything you had done wrong ( well apart from leaving your 'drugs' out on the desk!!)

Hi Sass IOP today?

Life? Oneday? Mesoso? North? Wehave? DD? A wave will do
Old 08-28-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
What, in my nutting up ramblings, did you find remarkable, Marcher?
This one Trachy ...

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
No. It's not "a feeling of being a fake". It's a feeling of not knowing who we are. We don't know if we're fake or not. "I've been sober a lot less time than I was drinking and it's going to take a while before I ever become used to it." We're all wandering around in our own lives not knowing who we are any more, not knowing who we're going to be. That's not fake. That's terrifyingly real. And to be able to drop our crutches and walk in to that abyss makes us the strongest, most death-defying people I can ever hope to know.

Marchers.
I know what you mean. I walked towards the abyss, I threw my crutches away. I didn't find it "terrifyingly real" more "so this is what it is". I still get surprised by my sobriety.

And then I smile.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:42 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I find that things are never quite as horrible as I anticipate!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Yep, IOP today. And a brief meeting with the team leader of the folks who lead the group. I'm not shy about letting them know I'm not happy about something. Although in theory I see the benefit of electronic medical records, there are also huge drawbacks. If I needed medical help on a trip, for example, having docs be able to see a summary of my medical problems and medications would be very useful. In typical overkill, however, they put in everything and the kitchen sink. For example, for every IOP session they include diagnosis, their ratings of our motivation, judgment, etc. This is, in my opinion, TMI! So for me and probably many of us on SR, if we've had alcohol issues off and on or only "on" for some years, we get classified, under DSM V as "alcohol dependence, severe". A skid row hard-core alcoholic would get exactly the same diagnosis. So if we need to sign to have our medical records released for anything, or, if the computer system is hacked (very likely with hospitals lack of good data security - I've seen estimates that about 90% of US hospitals have had their computer systems hacked), then this diagnosis can easily become public info. And even if we've been sober for years, this diagnosis never goes away! If they use DSM IV, then the diagnosis is much more generic and less serious-looking to a layman and a doc wouldn't be able to tell from diagnosis how serious it is.

So 3 of the 4 team members use DSM IV and one was using DSM V. She did graciously agree to switch it to DSM IV and we will meet today so she can explain DSM V .... So I will try to graciously listen to what I suspect I already know (though realize I may be missing something) and will then try to explain why I see it as a concern, all while remaining as calm as possible. Imagine me calm, lol!

Now, aren't you glad you asked, Toots? Naw, I don't feel strongly about this!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

What is supposedly so superior about the DSM-V? I am eager to hear her explanation, Sass. I am glad, though, that she has agreed to document you as DSM-IV, the way the others are doing.

With the staff who write down "poor motivation," etc., have you ever said politely, "I'm sorry. I'm really tired today" or "Things are frustrating me on the outside. I'm having a pretty crappy day. I'm really fully onboard with the program!"

You sound like you are really getting a lot out of it even though some features irritate and worry you. I'm sure the positive effects will color their impressions by the end and you'll get the glowing report you deserve.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Gilmer, I don't even pretend to understand people like that. She didn't have an explanation because I don't think she really understands. One of my big concerns is computer security in which field I do have some expertise. I'm just going to quietly get through the program, pick up what I can and carefully monitor what they write. I am going to continue with AA and especially stay with all the super folks on SR and I believe I will make it :-) I can tell that two of the team just don't like me/"approve" of me. They are the types that seem to think they know everything. I'm not going to let this knock me off track, however. I'm not in this to win friends but to learn how to stay sober!
Old 08-28-2014, 01:39 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Hi my fellow Marchers!

I have been able to keep up on the readings somewhat... enjoyed all the conversation about the cars/vehicles...

I can actually post today because I am on my own computer and I took a few days off of work to extend the Labor Day Holiday... it feels heavenly to be away from the "sweatshop" (the workers term for our agency).

My son is reporting a snag in the delivery of his fiance's visa... I find this very hard to believe, but he said the Immigration Dept has told him there are delays due to the data base crashing... the data base of all pending visa requests.
They cannot give him a date by when this should be repaired, so her trip to the US and the wedding are on hold. A t least I am available to chat with him and offer some support as I actually have energy to spare and should be perky for at least the next 5 days or so.
Otherwise, things are very calm and the weather has been pleasant... rain shower or two late in the afternoon... very few, if any, days hitting the 90's during August...80's with a sprinkling of 70's... most enjoyable!
Have a happy holiday week-end to all of you celebrating (and even those who are not).
Old 08-28-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, 1day! And nice that you will have a nice long holiday weekend :-) So sorry to hear about your son's trouble with visa for his fiancee. I hope that gets straightened out soon!

Gilmer, I'm doing deep breathing to untie the knots in my body and saying the serenity prayer to take care of same in my mind. Hoping this helps!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Life? Oneday? Mesoso? North? Wehave? DD? A wave will do
http://eofdreams.com/data_images/dre...ve/wave-03.jpg

I'm awful. I'll be back -- love ya Toots and all others!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Good to see you 1Day and MeSo! Sass I think the world is in a stage where we don't quite know when to stop using electronic records and what should be on them. It's transitional I think but you are kinda caught in the middle.

If this is the long weekend then this is when Duff has her big party -- Duff I wish I could come over and help you, I hope everything is going well with the preparations.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

(((Marcher))) - love you for remembering me!!! Things are pretty well under control at this point - I cheated and hired a caterer for most of the food. The house is full of booze but I'm ok with that -- we've always had liquor around as hubby still drinks.

Marcher, I wish you were here with all of our other Marchers as a guest - now that would be a GREAT party.

I just got the oddest news: friends of ours were supposed to come to the party and the wife just told me over lunch that they were divorced last week. We were just with them a few weeks ago and have spent a lot of time with them over the past 2 years. I am shocked - I would have said they have one of the most solid marriages of anyone I know. Sooooo...more proof that things are not always what they seem.

1Day & MeSo! So good to see you guys!!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:01 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Great to see you, MeSo and 1Day! Hope your son's fiance's visa gets processed soon!
Old 08-29-2014, 12:37 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sack on deck guys...I'll read back and catch up as I can

Hope all the marchers are going well

D
Old 08-29-2014, 12:57 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sack on deck guys...I'll read back and catch up as I can
I don't think you are a sack Dee!

It's great to see you back, I really started missing you this week, it's not the same without you. Maybe Toots can do one of her famous thread summaries for you and save you reading?

Peeps is it just me or is the font different here at SR? I noticed yesterday.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:02 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Not making the truck a conch cruiser,
Ken I finally googled this, there are some great looking conch cruisers!