Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 35

Old 07-26-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Sounds great, AFree!

I just went through a little bit of tension. A car buyer was about to come over to look at my dad's car--and at the last minute, my husband told me that the title I gave him was only a copy! That totally stressed me out--disproportionately. After ten minutes I came down, and my dad ended up finding the legitimate title.

I don't know why I got so stressed. I spent ten minutes contemplating on my bed, and all I could do was keep repeating "Help! Help!" I felt better when I came downstairs, though.

I feel kind of odd: My dad offered my husband a Bud Light--and even offered me one. I politely declined. My husband even offered one to my son! So they were all drinking when I was sitting right on the couch! My husband only accepted to show honor to my dad--he has no real interest in beer.

Actually, though it was kind of odd, I was totally fine with it.

A good night's sleep will do me good! That's one of my major life creeds!
Old 07-26-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by AlcoholFree66 View Post
they look delicious - what are they?
Blueberry coconut creme popovers. Apparently they're so wonderful the recipe has been banned from the internet, only images on Pinterest abound!
Old 07-26-2014, 04:51 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's smiling DG...probably just swinging on a star...

Old 07-26-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good term, courage, "Popover". I just feel at home with the Undies... so to speak.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee for a song that put me in a good mood.

Just checking in to say hello.

I hope everyone is well.

Dottie
xx
Old 07-26-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Have a nice eve! I am going to bed early, after not sleeping last night.

Dee, I thought that little star guy was cute! And thanks for the song, it's great!

courage, you are SO lucky you don't get insomnia. It's a pain in the tail. I get it both ways, more often waking up and can't get back to sleep, but last night I couldn't get to sleep at all. I will happily get into PJ's at an early hour and zzzz away, I hope...

The heart is for all of you guys and gals, BTW.

Nitey Nite all!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi Dorothy!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:58 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi undies.
Busy day at work today. I'm def feeling tired tonight watching a little tv.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend
Old 07-26-2014, 11:49 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Thanks courage - I'll see if I can find them.

Just watched the film Divergent - pretty good. Pretty lazy Sunday but nothing better than a sober weekend, exercise, healthy food and family time.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:54 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Hi, Dottie! Great to see you!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning undies! The calendar on my new Ipad tells me one of our friends has reached a milestone today.....

CONGRATS ON REACHING 8 BABS!!
Old 07-27-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys,

Good to see it is busy here. Weekends usually get a bit quiet.

BeFree, I am so pleased for your promotion. It is no more than all your hard work deserves. I am also pleased ( though saddened for your friend ) that you see now, his is not the road you want to travel any longer. You are right to end the friendship. People come into our lives at different times and fill specific gaps. Sometimes when we move on, that particular gap closes, but because we don't like to leave someone behind, we try to find another gap for them, but they don't quite fit it, and it doesn't feel right. Try as we might to hold on, eventually we need to allow ourselves to let go and move on. Around the corner will be a new friend, or an existing friend will somehow fit differently and life moves along. There is nothing wrong with recognising we no longer have room in our lives for a particular relationship, we just need to be thoughtful as to how we go about ending it.

Dee, can you also paste a link when you put a song on? Like North my 'fruity tablet' doesn't play videos in that format, but if you paste a link I'm ***** dory.

Gilmer, I have visions of you hiding around dark corners and tip toeing through shadows, looking into other threads to see what's happening there! I'm always worried that I will get sucked into a new thread, when I already struggle to find time for the ones I am on! Now though, I have the urge to go peering through thread windows to see if someone is having more fun than I am! ( no one has more fun than being here in their favourite Undies though!

Courage! How could you! Waving such a fancy in front of me then telling me I can't have it! I am drooling unattractively now! I hope your legal issues are behind you. Sometimes, the fates cut us a little slack because they know it is for the best in the long run.

Ok Undies, both fresh, and been aound a while, Popovers, and lurkers, have a Funday Sunday.
be strong, be safe, be sober.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Toots, I did some research yesterday while playing with this new Ipad, downloaded Google Chrome and using it as my browser! Plays all the vids!
Old 07-27-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

Carlos - Nice job with DG's undies. Ok, that sounds weird.

Dottie - Nice to hear from you. How are you doing? I hope the Sunday blues stay away today.

North - I use an app on my iphone to access SR most of the time. It's convenience and portability - having it right in my pocket - got me through some tough times early on. It eats my battery life, though. Sounds like you've found a device that works for you?

Aly - I hope you got a good night's sleep last night!!

Gilmer - You seem to be experiencing some genuine peace. How nice that you were able to manage your stress by taking a break. And then hang out with your family while they drank beers, and feel no longing to join in.

Courage - Glad you're coming out of your situation unscathed. I hope you're having a good day.

Toots - What's new in Beantown?

Tanja - Hope you're doing well! You're in my thoughts!

AFree and other new undies - Nice to see you!

It's a stormy Sunday morning here, and I've had a delightfully slow start to my day. We took the kids to NYC on Saturday. It was a nice day. When we got home, hubby decided to drink. My expectations must have been in line with my acceptance ( ) because I wasn't disappointed or offended. If he had chosen to, for example, play a game of scrabble, or watch a movie, or listen to music, or anything that would have drawn us closer together, he probably would have stolen a bit of my heart. Instead he chose to drink and watch TV. He drank a lot when I married him, and that worked for me when I was a drinker. His interests are the same as they always were; mine have changed as a nondrinker. It is what it is. I can't change him. He can't change me. I went to bed while he drank and watched TV, and had a good night's sleep.

I have a quiet day in store for today. Some cleaning, cooking, and maybe reading. If it stops raining, I'll probably find something to do outside.

Have a nice day Undies!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Sorry, GF. Sometimes it hurts when "it is what it is," even though we are fully cognizant of all the reasons and realities and are at peace with them.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Glee, I have the SR app on my Iphone as well, quick way to check on threads etc, but has limited features unless I'm doing something wrong, no "thanks" button, attaching emoticons, etc? Lots of times I'll just go to the full site on my phone, but with old eyes and progressive lenses, the small print is hard to read lol

Saskia, welcome to the group, pull up a chair and enjoy the company and lively banter!

Courage, didn't take my Missus long to search for the popover recipe, she loved the pic, so guess what I'll be enjoying in the very near future lol
Old 07-27-2014, 08:17 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Yes! Hi, Sass! Welcome to this bunch of bigmouths! :-D
Old 07-27-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks, North and Gilmer!

I've visited occasionally before but decided not to join in until I felt a bit more stable. This feels like a friendly group and I hope to be here more often :-)
Old 07-27-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Saskia - Welcome!

Gilmer - Thanks for understanding.

North - You can thank on the iphone app by clicking on the bottom facing arrow underneath the date/time stamp on the top right of the post. The functionality is pretty good once you play around with it a little. You can view other peoples smileys if you click on the body of the post containing a smiley. You can edit your posts too. The print is still kind of small, but not as small as if you tried to view the site from the internet on your phone.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:50 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
p***enger

Welcome, Saskia! Stick around, you'll get to know everyone soon.