Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 35

Old 07-26-2014, 03:43 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Maybe just try and lie there and at least rest?
Old 07-26-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi all
Welcome Mish, I too am an Over-Achieving Undie, I consider myself classroom assistant here now!

Sober1ck I've seen a few 'there but for the Grace...' Moments since I stopped drinking, and it is extremely uncomfortable to watch, in part for how I must have acted at time, in part for the poor folk who had to deal with me.

GF, you know my thoughts, but I feel DG made some great points. I also feel that if you have to be there, make a point of showing that you are if not outright enjoying yourself, at least feeling content to be sober. And thank you for your lovely words, but I think if anyone drivers on it's definitely me!!!

Ali have you tried relaxation recordings? I have a couple of Apps on my tablet that I listen to and even if I wake up in the night, I often read for a wee while then put an app on and drift off again. Other times I just have to grit my teeth and give it a few days. It seems to come in cycles with other PAWS symptoms.

Afree66 good to see you back, and good that you rationalised the AV. It does lessen as time goes on, but still catches me unaware at times, often no longer times of stress, but the exact opposite, when we are having a nice evening out and other sophisticats around me are supping in a civilised manner. Of course, they are either Normies, which I know I can never be ( it's like comparing homo erectus with Neanderthal man, different species) or they will end up under a table by the end of the night, which is no longer want to do.

BeFree, what are your weekend plans? Is it this weekend the Punk festival or was that last week? I lose track. Are you getting to know the new girl at work better?

Carlos did you break 80? I'd be excited to break 3 figures, that how sh1te I am at golf, but the way I see it, I get more shots for my money. (and I get to play in the sand)

I wish all Undies a happy sober weekend
Old 07-26-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thank you toots and Alcohol Free! It's funny, I either sleep too much or not enough. Reading does often help me too. But for some reason, last night sleep just didn't want to come. I finally got about 1.5 to 2.0 hours. I'll live and hopefully sleep well tonight. I agree toots, I think the PAWS thing comes and goes and that's just the way it is for a long time. It's a lot better than it used to be, for me, thankfully. PAWS was terrible for me for many, many months and still rears it's ugly head sometimes.

I'm glad I have a place to come when I'm awake like that and people who will "talk" to me.

I hope you all have a great day! Praying for and grateful for y'all!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Aly, I was up at 3 and I was perky enough to talk to AFree; but I got really sleepy soon after and had to go back to bed! I just now woke up. From time to time I get insomnia, too. Just a random thing every couple of weeks. I hang around SR and do other reading to while away the time. It does seem like somebody's always on SR--and it's very interesting and instructive to read other threads in different forums.

Hope you function well today!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Toots, Carlos, DG, Gilmer - thanks. It's been a difficult process - a lonely and frustrating one, for all the reasons DG said - and I appreciate your input a ton. My sobriety was not in jeopardy last night, partly due to planning a responsible exit strategy that would support my sobriety, and partly because circumstances worked out that the crowd that he drinks with wasn't there. He came home to finish drinking instead. Lol. (At least I can laugh about it.) They'll be there Sunday. The repercussions of the life I made for myself as a heavy drinker are everywhere, like DG said.

AFree - glad to see you posting with us. Glad you avoided drinking. We help each other stay on the right track.

R1ck - I drank early in recovery when I was hanging out with someone whose drunken messiness looked like the same I used to get myself into. At first I thought, she looks like I used to - how pathetic. Then I thought, if it's good enough for her, why not join in? That was my last drunk, five months ago. Now when I see folks who are my old kind of messy, it serves as a reminder why I don't want to go back there. Have a good day Undies!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:27 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning undies!!

AF66 and Mish, welcome to the undies!! A great place to learn, give advice, read, get support, and even just chime in with your

Nice to see you back Aly!!! You've been missed for sure!

Just a quick note today, as I'm using the old laptop to type on. My Dell tablet cratered a few days ago, thankfully it's still under warranty, and I sent it in for repair! All this new technology is great when it works, but frustrating when it doesn't!! At any rate, the Missus and I are going shopping today and I'm looking at buying a new device and not exactly sure what to buy. I bought the Missus an Ipad a couple of years ago for her birthday and she loves it except that it won't play youtube videos posted in the threads. So my question is, what do you use for accessing SR, what are your pro's and con's about the device you use? You guys are all so good when it comes to supporting my recovery and I know you'll be just as good in helping me decide! Thanks!!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:34 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Nothing better than new Undies!
Old 07-26-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

North I use an iPad for SR the most and love it!

AF welcome!!

Aly hope you can get some better sleep soon!

Well couple things happened yesterday. Bad or good first!? ... Let's go with the good... I got promoted to assistant manager and a raise in pay woohoo! I felt very honored to be given that responsibility. And the not so exciting.. My old friend has been texting calling ect and I felt solid about sobriety so stopped by for a bit. What an eye opening experience. He and his 2 friends were wasted high n drunk falling over. One managed to fall into the garage door and break it. I felt like I totally wasted my night sitting there watching them. Might have been just what I needed tho to push me into cutting off that friendship for good tho. Think deleting his number will be a good start.

Anyway off to work.

Toots the punk shows were a couple weekends ago right after I hurt my back so I couldn't go .
Old 07-26-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Wonderful about the job, BF! Not so hot about your messed-up friend. Glad you can clearly see now that the cons far outweigh the pros.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Congrats BoozeFree on your promotion. How exciting!!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Ugh, I can't sleep.
Just had to tell someone, if anyone is up. The second time this week. Oh well. Tomorrow is a light day.
I didn't sleep well either, wish I had thought to stop by. I ended up wasting time on youtube for an hour. Hope you got back to sleep
Old 07-26-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrakeCKC View Post
Nothing better than new Undies!
That was awesome!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thanks soberick. I got a couple of hours, but I have a pretty light day today, so I don't have to worry. Take care.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Thank you toots and Alcohol Free! It's funny, I either sleep too much or not enough. Reading does often help me too. But for some reason, last night sleep just didn't want to come. I finally got about 1.5 to 2.0 hours. I'll live and hopefully sleep well tonight. I agree toots, I think the PAWS thing comes and goes and that's just the way it is for a long time. It's a lot better than it used to be, for me, thankfully. PAWS was terrible for me for many, many months and still rears it's ugly head sometimes.

I'm glad I have a place to come when I'm awake like that and people who will "talk" to me.

I hope you all have a great day! Praying for and grateful for y'all!
Is it just me or is that last smiley trying to commit suicide with a giant star?
Old 07-26-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

It's supposed to be a Gold Star. I thought it was kind of cute, but if it looks like it's committing suicide, maybe I'll stop using it. Yikes!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Welcome Mish and AlcoholFree.

Carlos- I forgot to mention yesterday, I'm not saying anything about what clothes I bought, other than C was on my mind when I did my shopping.

BFree- Congrats on the promotion!!

Last night I made more orange chicken with brocolli on the side. I'm really enjoying doing a bit of cooking here and there. And I feel so healthy eating stuff like that. I'm looking forward to the leftovers later today, too.

Well, my plans for the weekend are to hang around the house and do some chores and stuff. Maybe play some drums, do some cooking, or find some sort of craft project to work on.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Aly- Don't take me too seriously. It is cute- whatever it's doing!
Old 07-26-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DG0409 View Post
Carlos- I forgot to mention yesterday, I'm not saying anything about what clothes I bought, other than C was on my mind when I did my shopping.
Oh, now I get it!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...1&d=1406388821

Sorry, I couldn't resist...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
41lkWA35hHL._SX425_.jpg (33.8 KB, 39 views)
Old 07-26-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
p***enger

Welcome to the Undies, Mish & AlcoholFree!

You probably already know some of the folks around here, but you'll get to know everyone better than you ever wanted too, soon LOL! There's always something going on here and I know you'll both fit right in!

Trachemys, I love your humor & am grateful that you've taken the steps that have allowed you to reveal it! And the turtle is a great metaphor for recovery.

Alysheba, I don't get a lot of insomnia so don't have great suggestions. Do you fail to fall asleep or wake up in the middle of the night and can't sleep again?

sober1ck, it seems like you're doing great, sleep problems aside! I wonder if computer use interferes with normal sleep?

gracette, good for you for managing that close call. Are you getting any face-to-face support?

Sparky, you sound excellent! I’ve gotta say, though, that I’d be nervous around those 1 proof beers. The chemical amount of alcohol may not be enough to produce a buzz, but for me, drinking NA beer would set off a bunch of mental triggers that would inevitably lead to full-on relapse. I’m sure of it. A virgin mary would just leave me screaming for the real thing. Just sayin’

Gilmer, so glad you found a good dentist!

Gleefan, I sympathize about your husband and his drinking. I don’t know what I’d do – maybe go and set up a little sober camp in a corner of the pool away from him for me & the kids with a lot of fun stuff to do? Let him be envious of your serenity, if he wants to.

Boozefree, glad to see the back is on the mend—stick with cautious exertion tho, you don’t want to strain it again.

Northof49, I have a really lightweight Toshiba laptop that I love. It’s lighter than a Macbook Air and has the full functionality of a desktop, even an Ethernet port which a lot of ultraslims don’t come with.

Siesta, how are you doing? You must have about 8-9 months now, is that right? Great going!

I’m fine – I had a lot going on over the last few weeks. I’d best remain cryptic as Carlos says about my “legal issue” because although it might be the 100% honest thing to turn myself over to the authorities and take all the consequences, that would adversely affect a lot of people. It’s really better this way, which is that while the smoke detectors went off, no fire was detected. And I think I put it out. ‘nuff said.

Carlos, toots, Drake, Dorothy, DG, and Tanja – thanks for still popping in from the Overs! Does that make you popovers? Yum! I'm hungry!

Old 07-26-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

yum Couragethey look delicious - what are they?

A beautiful sunny winter's morning here about to go for a swim (indoors) with my daughter. Have a great day/sleep all.