Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 23

Old 07-31-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Wowzers! That's half a year! You ROCK, Aussie!!!!!
Old 07-31-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Progress in what PBC?

D
Old 07-31-2014, 04:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I don't know what PBC is asking, Dee, but it might be hoping for better news on your housing. That's what I'm hoping for.

Just a fly-by to say HI FRIENDS!

Aussie so proud of you, racking up MONTHS!

XOXOX
Old 07-31-2014, 07:20 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Nice, aussie! I hope you are feeling happy, you are doing fabulously. I REALLY liked the movie! B gave it a 7/10, but I'd say an 8. Visuals were great, they kept it exciting, I was definitely engrossed, the music was very powerful, sound mixing was impressive. I give it 2 thumbs up.

Speaking of movies, D and I are going to the film festival today. We have 7 movies planned for the next 2 days. Wish us luck, hopefully we'll make them all! Last year, we got a late start due to work and missed 2, I think. The nice thing is, that tonight's movie and the one tomorrow morning, are free, so if something does happen, we won't lose out money wise. I'm gonna miss the boys, tho. Feeling sad when I leave them behind. So anyhoo...you all have a fabulous weekend, I'll check in when I get back!
xoxo
HUGS!
Old 08-01-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
orangutan

I am not feeling great, something is niggling at me, I am depressed again , I feel like I could just say f*** it at any time . Bl**dy booze why does it have so much power. Don't worry I wont do it , its just how I am feeling.

Lofty where are you , how bout letting us know how your doing.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Yep ... I was thinking of the housing thing, Dee.

A couple from my AA group had a big BBQ last night and it was a blast! The husband has 31 years now, and the wife has somewhere in the mid-20's. They know a LOT of successful recovering alkies, and boy can things be fun with 40 or so of them in a backyard with food and a bonfire!

One of the women from my group spent the day with me before that. Her husband is out of town on business, and I know she has less than 30 days right now and that can be a trigger situation. So I invited her over, with her kids, and we just hung out. She helped me do flowers for a wedding (dd's husband's mom is getting married in 2 weeks and I did all the flowers), cook for the BBQ (it was potluck style), and we took the kids and my granddaughter to the new splash pad downtown for an hour or so.

Honestly, this has been the most wonderful summer that I can ever remember. I've kept up with all my work and housework with time to spare, gotten to the beach more than ever before, hung out with friends more than ever before, gotten to almost every week's Street Performer night downtown, and simply had peace throughout it all. No guilt about losing days or leaving dh to socialize alone. Lots of hours to do everything I've wanted to do. Energy and serenity. Down time, and busy time. A good mix.

I hope you all have a beautiful day! Stop by and say hello!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Aussie glad you're sharing! Bloody booze indeed! How can we help? Sending you inspiration for your next breakthrough realization and progress!

Mirage, happy movie watching! how was it?

PBC, you are a shining angel on earth to me. Bless you and your family and your new friends!!!

Big busy weekend. Moods are up and down and all over the place. But onward I go. New day tomorrow xoxoxo

Thinking of lofty! Hi dee and Rosie and Bryan!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey aussie..hope you made it through the weekend ok. It's alright to get a case of the f-its..it's just not alright to drink. It's ok to feel bad, to be sad and frustrated..we all do sometimes. Just breathe...remember that you're not ever going to drink again, and remember feelings change and you'll feel better later. I know you know all this, I'm just tryin to give ya a boost.

Glad you're enjoying your summer so much, PBC! And that was really nice of you to have that woman friend over to help her out. Very considerate.

The film fest was good. I do love the movies. I saw one that triggered me, though. (Not drinking triggers, the affair trigger.) It was pretty bad, I walked out of the theater and cried. It hit way too close to home. I try to read about every movie and tv show I watch cuz I don't want that to happen. I'm pretty fragile emotionally. I experienced a pretty big trauma and I can still feel really low about it sometimes. So..I have to be careful with what I watch, read, etc. Anyway, this one caught me off guard. It was a surprise ending in this documentary, so it wasn't in the description and it sucked. So then D knew I was upset so hardly talked to me cuz he thought I needed space and I really didn't, I needed reassurance. We eventually had the conversation and I explained it and we learned, but it did put a damper on things. I'm not sure I'm recovered. A little rough time of year, too, in regards to that. Anyway...all in all it was a good weekend, but I'm not as happy as I'd like to be.
Hope everyone is well!!
xoxo
Old 08-03-2014, 07:41 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry PBC its hard to remember what I've posted where.

Waiting to move into another unit here but the current tenant needs to move - not sure what happens if he doesn't move in time, but I'm not sorrying about it. Let the owners and agents sweat.

I'm glad you got through the weekend too Aussie...I hope the week ahead is a better one

D
Old 08-04-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm glad you and D talked it out, Mirage. And, I'm glad he was trying to give you what he thought you needed, too. That shows that he cares.

I hope you feel better today.
Old 08-06-2014, 02:04 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey all. A huge congrats to Aussie on 6 mos. and I know PBC is close to a year, so congrats in that as well! Your post about your summer, PBC, is inspiring to me. Your peace and serenity is shining through.

Ive been busy, and drinking, but I awoke yesterday with a distinct thought in my mind: stop suffering life, and start living life. I dont really know how to interpret the feeling, but its still there today. I think it starts with attitude and perspective for me. I intend to keep it in my mind like a mantra and see where it helps me.

And, yes, sobriety is still a goal. And, I am still trying to make it a practice. I wont offer excuses.

Glad to hear of everyones recovery and hopes.

Shake off those winter blues, Aussie!
Old 08-06-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've accomplished more in the last seven years than I did in the twenty before that Lofty, so I definitely identify with, and support that ,mantra you have there

D
Old 08-06-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
orangutan

Checking in , still sober but still very depressed.

PBC I wish I could find that buzz for life your getting, so glad your loving life, really happy for you.

****{Mirage}}} I think its going to take time for you to heal and the pain to ease. Look for comedies at the movies for now.

Dee good luck with the move.

Lofty glad you dropped in.

Frances I hope your moods pick up.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Checking in with love and hugs.

My mood is much improved. I overdid it with work, and husband was traveling, and I got out of balance.

My little nieces from Virgina will be here in an hour so I gotta scoot and get my work done!
Old 08-07-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi Lofty! Glad you checked in, don't be a stranger!

Sorry you're not feeling happy, aussie. I wish there were something I could do. Hang in there, girl. Thank you for the kind words. You too, PBC!

Hey frances, have a great visit!

Hiya Dee Dee..hope all is well with you.

Feeling quieter lately, nothing new to add. I'm by myself this weekend, they're all up north, even the dog. Not sure how I feel about that. ha. Take care, folks!
Old 08-08-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

You could always drive across the state and help me babysit my granddaughter tomorrow night, Mirage. She's pretty darn cute!

She's staying over Saturday night, too. I'm so excited! We're going to take her to the park, and the new splash pad, and watch a movie, and cuddle, and sing, and go for a walk, and all kinds of cool stuff!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Found an oooold bottle of gin today in the back of a cabinet. I poured it out and for a brief moment, wanted to drink some of it. Smelled like a gin and tonic. I realized this weekend how lonely I get when I'm alone. I wonder why that is. I drank a lot cuz I felt lonely a lot. It hasn't been a great weekend for me. I've had a number of unwelcomed thoughts.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm not sure what I'd be feeling if I found an old bottle of alcohol ... I think fear would be right up there. Panic. Good for you for dumping it!

I'm sorry for the icky feelings, though. Hopefully today will be better. (((Mirage)))

We had a really nice night with our granddaughter. She's still sleeping, and it's been 11 hours now! I guess we wore her out. We played at a friend's house in the pool, went to the splash pad downtown, played keyboard and sang for a while, did some cleaning (she held my hand and walked with me through the entire house while I vacuumed ... so cute!), made dinner, took a long walk around several neighborhoods, played peek-a-boo and chased and did LOTS of tickling and giggling. I love being a grandma!

Today we have family coming for dinner, then I need to do some food prep for a tv appearance on Tuesday morning. This week is kinda crazy-busy, so I'm trying to keep on top of it. It certainly is easier to do that when I'm not passed out.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Sending you extra hugs Mirage **********}}}}}

Aussie, I'm sorry you've been feeling down too. Today is a new day, or it will be by the time you read this. I'm sending you inspiration vibes to think of one thing you can do right now to feel 1% better, then the next thing, then the next thing. Might be time to call a friend or go for a walk or plan a trip or cook something nice or call you doc or play music really loudy?

The only thing I know for sure about busting through depression is ACTION.

Sending love to all the Marchers near and far!

HEY, an old SR friend came back and let me know she's doing well. That makes my day. Just makes. My. Day.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Glad you had a fun weekend with the wee one, PBC. Kiddos are so dang cute!

Glad to hear all is well with you, frances. You're a bright light! I appreciate you all so much. xoxo

Thanks folks, I'm feeling better. I talked it out with D last night and of course posting to you guys always helps. Sometimes just talking about your feelings make you feel better. Kinda weird if you think about it. Glad my family is all home safe and sound from the cottage. They had a great time with the other dads and kids. They came home to a super clean house and a few new things.

Back in February, we had someone out to give us a quote on a security system. I am more afraid now than I used to be. I had a hard time getting to sleep this weekend. So anyway, we never did anything about it, but I decided this weekend, that we should go ahead with it and get one. Peace of mind for me when he's gone. God, I hate this new found anxiety. It was never me before. I'm not generally a worry wart. And then when I AM, I get mad at myself and beat myself up about it. That's really smart, I know. lol Oh well, that's my update. Dark and rainy today. Movie? Perhaps!