Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 23

Old 06-30-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
C'mon Aussie (c'mon)
Nice.

So I am still sober , done it really hard the other day , things were getting me down, the site was upsetting me with negative posts the best thing was to be off line for a while . We have visitors at the moment and I have been having my usual pity party, being the only one who can't drink. I am holding on, not liking it but still sober.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think of how good you feel in the morning aussie - you never have to deal with a hangover again

congrats on your 3 months I am seriously proud of you

D
Old 06-30-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
orangutan

Thanks Dee , and now you've made me cry ( in a good way ) feeling really emotional at this stage.

Have a great day.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Administrator

oh geez don't cry - too cold for that stuff lol

D
Old 07-01-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 months, aussie! I know how hard it is for you when you have company. Give me their phone numbers, I'll call them and tell em to go home. lol I know what you mean about the site being depressing. It kinda gets to me, too. I like to come and remind myself, and give words of encouragement, but then sometimes I'm just not in the mood to remind myself. It's not a day to day struggle, I don't think about it for the most part. So to come here and read everyone struggling over and over...it's hard. I'm not sure how Dee does it. I'm guessing that's why we lose people over time. Anyway..I'm glad you're sober, even though you're having a rough go right now. Hang in there.

We're going up north tomorrow for July 4th weekend, the weather is supposed to be great. Should be beautiful up there. Next Friday, we head out east for a week. Good things on the horizon. Things are good.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Mirage

D
Old 07-01-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  
orangutan

Nice to hear you sounding happy again Mirage.

Have a great time for July 4th my American friends.

Visitors have gone home back to normal now.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:59 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hello friends!

We went to a different place for fireworks last night, and it was so cool! It was literally in the backyard of a neighborhood, and I'd guess at least a thousand people were there. They'd even set up a HUGE potluck, so free food was everywhere. And the fireworks themselves were the longest, most extravagant show I'd ever seen! I think it went on for close to an HOUR! So cool!

But here's the big thing for ME: I stayed up! ha ha! I've been such an early-to-bedder since I stopped drinking, so this was a big deal. Often I'm in bed by 9pm. Last night it was 1:30am! Thank goodness I got to sleep in today to make up for it. One thing I have learned is that being tired does NOT help my sobriety. Of course, we ended up skipping church today, and we were going to meet our daughter and granddaughter at the service, but we'll see them later instead.

Congrats on 3 months, Aussie!!! Woot woot!!!!!!!

I hope you had fun up north, Mirage! And I hope you brought a blanket. And sweatshirt. And long underwear. And perhaps a space heater. Sheesh. Gotta love Michigan in July, right?
Old 07-05-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 429 (permalink)  
orangutan

Sounds like a great night PBC. If I stay up to 9 pm its a late night for me , I am usually in bed by 8.30 , I have never been a night owl but always an early riser I find the early morning the best time of day , everything is fresh and new.
We have more visitors , not staying with us but in their caravan in the c.park down the road they are here for a month and big drinkers so more testing times for me , they are here for 3 weeks , we get a lot of visitors this time of year from down south where it is a lot colder , we are living here in the best climate cool nights but beautiful days.

Hope your all well .
Old 07-05-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just remember how good it is to wake up in the mornings now aussie - and how great it feels to be really present to enjoy this time of year
Old 07-06-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

We did have a nice weekend up north! Watched the fireworks on the beach, can't beat that. Yeah, we've been having a cool and rainy start to the summer, weird. Hopefully it'll get better, I love fall but I want to be sick of summer when it comes! Leaving for out east on Friday, so just busy getting ready. Not much else to report!
Take care, gang!
Old 07-09-2015, 04:16 PM
  # 432 (permalink)  

So as we've been getting ready to leave on our trip tomorrow, guess what I can't find. MY ********. Ha! Minor detail. We're driving through Canada to New York state and you need a ********, well at least to get into the U.S. you do. I did hear that if I bring everything else (birth cert., driver's license, old expired ********, etc) and then bring proof you've applied for a new one, then you should be ok. "Should" is the operative word here. So basically I'm gonna proceed into Canada and hope they let me back into the U.S. in NY. Wish me luck!! haha
Old 07-09-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  
Administrator

******** is asterisked cos of spammers lol

Hope you find your pass port mirage

have a wonderful trip

D
Old 07-10-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
orangutan

LOL ********.
Here I was trying to put that in a sentence to abuse someone. "Don't come the f ing ******** with me you *******!
Have a great time Mirage.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Editor

LOL....What ya thinking of Aussie? personally my mind stays near the gutter. Well I am still Sober and enjoying it for the most part! Another 4th where I remember everything is always nice. Work is a hell of a lot easier...plus I am still losing weight....no reason to start back. walk for my escape time...or jump on the Arcade for fun...Wife is enjoying me always being there...plus I am around the house alot more...that could be good or bad for her on some days. I hope everyone is having the time of there lives.
Dave
Old 07-13-2015, 06:56 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Lol! That's hilarious, I would have never guessed that that would be blocked out.

I made it through! We're still on vacation, I'm in Maine right now, where Frances has her place away from home. It's very pretty, we went whale watching today on a boat and saw whales, seals, a shark and a sunfish. Good stuff. I'm still rocking a bit as I lay here in bed. It's been a great trip so far! About half way done.

Glad you're well, Dave!
Old 07-14-2015, 12:06 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're doing so well, Dave! Yay!

And so cool that you're in Maine, Mirage. Did you get to meet up with Frances? I've never been there, but one day I'd like to. My seafood allergy might be a bit of an issue.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:40 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
orangutan

Sorry about my warped sense of humour guys.

Glad to hear things are going well for you Dave.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think anyone was put-out Aussie
Hope you're enjoying the cool

D
Old 07-16-2015, 05:09 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
orangutan

Its getting colder by the minute. Snowing just 2 hours away.
Better than summer though.