Old 01-29-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Administrator

wow - glad you're ok mirage!

Hi becoming

D
Old 01-30-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hello Marcher gang....hope everyone is hanging in there okay. Friday & checking in....been doing 5 sometimes six meetings a week for awhile now. I love 6am morning meetings, get the day started great....2 6am meetings daily nearby...Sunrisers & Foglifters. So many to choose from here northeast of Philly..my kids still have their problems, but I seem to handle that better now thanks to AA & the great people there. I go to Saturday morning meeting with my first sponsors son now, we talk, hang out & do a meeting as he goes to college nearby. Can't wait for spring, tired of cold & now snow...just 48 days away! God bless you all & take it 24 hours at a time!
Old 02-01-2015, 04:07 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Oh my, Mirage! That would scare the bejeebers off me, too! I'm glad you're okay, and I'll go fb stalk you now to see if you've loaded any footage of S&E yet. If he's as talented as you, he could really go far with this!

Bryan, I totally hear you on the meetings. I LOVE mine. Love love love them. I'm even sponsoring a second person now. Me! I know - it's crazy.

Aussie, how are you, my friend?

So are any of you planning big stuff for the Super Bowl tonight? We turned down a few invites because we're kinda lame and don't want to stay up for the whole thing. Honestly, I just want to see the ads (especially one in particular). I'm making a black bean/corn salsa that we'll have over chips and cheese, and we're having Coke floats (with light ice cream) as a sweet treat with it. Dd14 will like that.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:15 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

We went out to our friends' house for the Superbowl, but only till after Katy Perry did her bit. Snowing like mad, the roads were horrible. We're getting 8-12 today/tonight. School is cancelled tomorrow. Probably for you guys too, I would guess, PBC. It was good to go out and see a few friends, but I was ready to go. lol I'm so lame. SO much talking, non-stop talking..after a couple hours I'm just tapped. I need quiet. It's weird cuz I'm social and I have a good time, but I just don't like it for very long. It's interesting when you learn these kinds of things about yourself when you get older and get to know yourself better. I wonder if I've always been like this or if it's age. Guess it doesn't matter. ha. Your night sounds nice, PBC..hope you had a good time. What a game.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm like that too...I suspect I always was, but fought against it with drugs and booze cos I didn't want to miss out on anything...

ah youth

D
Old 02-02-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Mm, yes..that's a good possibility for me, too. Plus it was something to do at a party..drink all night. Now I'm like, 'ok, that was fun..I came, we caught up, had some laughs, time to go'. lol
Old 02-06-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Guys sorry I haven't been around my brother is ill and I have been looking out for him.
I may not be around a lot for a while either but thinking of your all.

Love from Australia.
DAY 21
Old 02-06-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry to hear about your bro, Aussie

D
Old 02-08-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Aussie, you're so sweet to be helping him out! And YAY on day 21!

Old 02-11-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Dee was in my dream this morning!! Ok, I was driving down the road and about to turn right and I saw Dee crossing the street! I was going slowly cuz I was turning and he was crossing in front of me. I noticed he looked quite old, like upper 60s maybe and I thought, "well that's weird, cuz I happen to know he's MY age!" hahaha.

Hope all my friends are well!
Old 02-11-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Administrator

thats just how I feel Mirage

D
Old 02-14-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hi Marchers,
finally got a little me time, my brother is doing a lot better, he really freaked me out , I thought he knew something and wasn't letting the rest of us know, he made his will and made me power of attorney , my mind was racing with what was coming. He was having lots of tests done and what they have turned up is that he has an iron overload, the same thing they found with me. Well , I hope there isn't anything more and he has told us everything.
Not much to report here , glad the weather is starting to cool off and looking forward to winter the desire to drink is less then, a cold beer in the afternoon is too tempting in the summer and of course then I want a bottle of red, so come on winter.

Hope your all well.
Love to hear from some of you.
Old 02-14-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  
orangutan

Dee you might get a laugh out of this.

9278361.jpg
Old 02-14-2015, 03:58 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad your bro is dong better Aussie.

LOL I always think of our PM as Chesty Bond

D
Old 02-14-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  
orangutan

9268831.jpg
Old 02-16-2015, 06:20 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Haha, I don't even know your pm, but those are funny. Wow aussie, I'm glad your brother is feeling better, how scary. Hopefully whatever ails him is an easy fix! Brothers are special.

You wanna cool down? We have a cool down for ya. Yesterday our wind chill was -29f. (-34c). Right now it's -5f (-20c). Brrr!

Speaking of brothers, mine turns 51 today. We all went out and had a nice meal last night to celebrate.

The boys are off this week for mid-winter break. B goes to an indoor water park later this week with 3 friends, D flies to Baltimore for a couple nights for work.

I just remembered that I had a dream this morning that I was going out with friends and I offered to drive cuz I don't drink. Yay for my subconscious! Beats a drinking dream!

Stay sober and warm and safe and happy my friends!
Old 02-16-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
orangutan

Speaking of brothers Mirage how is your bother these days?
And a big Happy Birthday to him!

Those pics of the pm are funny , I actually like him and voted for him in the last election , I just like a good laugh. I wish people would just give him a go and some time to get the country back on its feet after the last disastrous lot we had running the country.

Mirage do you ever look in the Recovery Follies section, its right down at the bottom of the front page on SR there is a section where you can post funny pics , I go there daily for a laugh.

Tomorrow is one month for me.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Congrats on a month, aussie!! All this time you are giving your body a break from the booze is terrific!! Keep up the good work!

My brother is well, thanks for asking. He went through radiation for his prostate cancer last year and when he went back in for a check up, his numbers were good! He's glad, but is cautiously optimistic. He has to keep getting tests in case it spread from the prostate before they took it out. Scary stuff, he's only 51! Other than that, he's great. Plans on retiring in 2 years, he'll have 30 years with Ford Motor Company and he makes good money, as does his wife. No kids and they already have a house on the bay up north, where they'll move. So they have plans to retire and travel. Nice!

I've not seen the Recovery Follies section, I'll check it, thanks!
Old 02-18-2015, 06:28 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
orangutan

51 is young , my father has been through it and after 5 years still getting good numbers.

A cyclone is going to hit the QLD coast tonight or tomorrow and it looks like we are in for flooding rain, I went to town yesterday and we are fully stocked up in case and if we get the rain they are talking about we will be cut of by lunch time tomorrow , we have king tides at the moment and it wont take much for the river to go over.

Dee batten down!
Old 02-20-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

How'd the storm go, Aussie??