Class of July 2013 Pt 14

Old 07-31-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Oh....hi Huntington!xx
Old 07-31-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post
Has it been hot where you are, Snooz?

We are having a bit of a heat wave here. As you do in freaking winter. I went outside today with my scarf on, and there was a raging hot wind. Well....I felt like a knob.
Oh geez Crois ! Pml here

That seriously made me laugh out loud ..just woke Shaun hehehe ...
Old 07-31-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Oh geez Crois ! Pml here

That seriously made me laugh out loud ..just woke Shaun hehehe ...
Oops, sorry! It was funny though.

People didn't even have jumpers on and I'm rugged up like a snowflake could drop any moment.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

I'm not quite sure what to do ! I really don't know . I couldn't bear to go back to that black hole again. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place !

I don't want to damage my liver any more than it is , but if i have to choose this over that black depression .... Maybe a psych may be the answer ....i dunno ...

I'm getting more bloods done again. My cholesterol is 7.4 i need to go on medication if it has gone to 7 .6 !

I still have to get my eyes tested , he's rung the gastroenterologist and put me on the list , they lost his letter , surprise , surprise .

But he feels the underlying issue to all my dizziness is my sinuses , the cat scan showed the left side completely blocked . He said its the worst he has ever seen !

Just one thing after the other at the moment ..

Might just go find the nearest cliff lol .

Put it this way ..what's the point of getting down about it all , it can only go up from here , right !

And ..Crois ...we have freakin storms here today Wtf !!!! Freezing !!!!!trees falling down everywhere !
Old 07-31-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

True. Getting down about it just makes it worse.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:31 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

COOEE !!!!!!!

it's Friday night and I'm here with all my friends ( alone ) !

Where are youuuuuuuuuuuu...........
Old 08-01-2014, 04:38 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Croissant View Post

Ladybug...sorry to hear about the cravings. Not nice. I wonder if you've explored why you drink further? Is it stress? Escape from worry/responsibility? Regrets? No need to answer...but I worry for you after baby comes. :/
I really have tried to explore this and am unable to pinpoint the exact reason. Sometimes I am baffled at how I became am alcoholic. No one in my immediate family was/is an alcoholic - they all drink, but like normal people. I've asked my parents and I guess I have a great grandfather (on mom's side) and a couple of great uncles (on dad's side) who struggled with alcohol. Could I have been the the unlucky one who got it from them or is it more environmental for me, or both? I started drinking when I was single and lived alone. I moved/lived all over the country with my career and was always far from family/friends so back then I think it was partly due to loneliness/boredom? But now I wonder if it is more, like you said Crois, to escape worry, my everyday routine, etc. My drinking had become a problem before I quit my job and became a SAHM, so I don't attribute it to being home all day/not having enough structure, etc (as some family members have "kindly" suggested could be the problem .... Grrr). Anyway, I am rambling, but it feels good to think about it and get it out. Thanks, Crois, for asking me the question
Old 08-01-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Hi Snoozy! Just woke up. How are you feeling?
Old 08-01-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post

Ya know it really worries me , this damn AV of yours . I really hope it takes a hike after the baby is born .

I really feel this baby is here for a reason . She is going to need you sober and strong .
I know you can do this . Look at how happy your beautiful daughter is now hun .

She has her darling Mum back . I'm so proud of you .

I know you can do this , you are precious

x
Thank you, Snoozy. I needed to hear this - you always know just what to say
Old 08-01-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Hello everybody.
The times in front of every bodies post say "am" in the time even though I know some were last night on this side of the world.

Anyways, I spent a good part of the day yesterday mowing the grass and working in the yard. I think I need to take some time off from work soon.
I need to get out of this office and enjoy what's left of the summer.

I rarely think about drinking anymore.
If I do,that night that I felt like I was going to die comes back into my memories.
And that puts the brakes on to any negative thought straight away.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:52 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

We love you Ladybug and we all want the best for you and your precious little family xxx;-)

Yep Crois certainly asks some great questions doesn't she . Really makes you think .

Where's Bobby boy ? He's usually here with his 2 cents worth by now !
Old 08-01-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Uh huh ! Bingo !
Old 08-01-2014, 06:22 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I usually have more than 2 cents,snoozums.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:40 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Not much chatter here.
Everybody must be out having a ball.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
My drinking had become a problem before I quit my job and became a SAHM, so I don't attribute it to being home all day/not having enough structure, etc (as some family members have "kindly" suggested could be the problem .... Grrr). Anyway, I am rambling, but it feels good to think about it and get it out. Thanks, Crois, for asking me the question
Yes, that makes sense. Drinking to cope with one period of your life, then taking it into another.

I completely relate.

I saw something on tv where they were talking about how self medicating starts for one reason, but then can easily transform into being for another.

Same for me. I carried on drinking longer than I should have. I should have been happy and enjoying life, but the more my ex mentioned I was drinking a little too much, the more I said he was being a killjoy and felt like he was trying to tie me down.

:/
Old 08-01-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
Not much chatter here.
Everybody must be out having a ball.
Yep, that's definitely more than 2cents, Bob.

I actually slept in, way too much. Walk soon.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:07 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hey guysssssss

Just got home from work , ...went via Peter Alexander ( pyjama shop) big sale on and jarmies are where my heart is lol

The girls in that shop wear their Jim jams ...OMG what a heavenly job , i would surely be in my element ....

I have 2 varieties of clothes ...work clothes and pjs ! Lol ...just about - anyhow

I bought some onesies ....we were wearing these before they were ' in' .

My children have been dags from way back ! No choice with me as a mother hahaha .

I got them all a onesie each and 3 pair of mittens .

I just need to find those poor little kittens to go with them ! Miaow

Got some nerdy little woollen kitty hats so our dag factor has risen to almost 100% ...nothing to be ashamed of eh ?

I hope everyone is doing well today ...love yas all xxxx
Old 08-02-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

~~Food For Thought~The Weekend Edition~~
~~The Treasure Called U~~

Usually we think of treasure as something that's been hidden and that people have to search for. Story after story tells us of characters who are searching for a hidden treasure, only to discover that the treasure inside is much more important than any sort of material wealth. You are a treasure. You are love and caring and potential, and what you have to give to others is much more important than anything they can get in a paycheck or in a store.

Perhaps you haven't yet reached a point at which you're comfortable with giving of yourself; that's okay--just be patient. Perhaps you haven't yet uncovered the most important elements of your unique treasure; that's okay--just keep searching and being true to yourself.

I always feel revitalized and energized when I meet people who recognize the fact that they are treasures, and that they have much to share with others. And their message to me always has been the same--they aren't doing or being anything different than everyone else can do or be. They just allow themselves to recognize that they are worthy, more worthy than any material goods ever can be, and they spend their time trying to help others to recognize, accept, and cherish their own worthiness.

Treasures that are buried in the ground or hidden in a cave do no good for anyone. They just sit there, unused and unknown. Treasures that are brought out into the light and then used for the common good are the most special treasures there are, and the amazing thing about them is that even though we give freely of them, they continue to grow larger and stronger and more valuable.

We will have times when we feel exhausted from giving of our treasure, but we will be replenished, either through rest or through other people sharing their treasure with us. We just have to be aware and awake so that we can accept what they have to give.

You are a treasure yourself, and you are full of treasures that can be helpful to many, many people. Be patient, and know that the people who will recognize the treasure that you are and that is in you are out there, but that not everyone will recognize it. Be you, be kind to yourself, and know that the treasure that you are is more valuable than any sort of material goods.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Hiya BLKDIESEL ;-)

Thanks , i really enjoyed reading that xxx

Old 08-02-2014, 05:06 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Hi Leshar , how are you going love xxx :-)