Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good - III

Old 07-03-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

This holiday weekend well be very hard.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by krete77 View Post

i still haven't done Sh IT for responsibility stuff....whats wrong with me? i procrastinate everything..
I procrastinate things too. I lack the motivation to do things.

Specially studying, which I need the most to change things around here.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:21 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foneho View Post
This holiday weekend well be very hard.
Why is that, foneho? Tell us more about it, so we can try to help!!

Together we are much stronger.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Update on the job front, went to the interview today and I got the job! Start one week on Monday so I've still got next week to golf if it stays nice here.

It's a job I had for around 9 years so I know it inside out, but it's where my drinking started which is a slight concern but I will not let it happen again, I'm different now and channel my frustrations the correct way thankfully rather than drink.

Have a great day and enjoy the games tonight.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Congratulations for the job, Stoogy

Bye bye France (what a boring game).
Old 07-04-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Congratulations for the job, Stoogy

Bye bye France (what a boring game).

Thanx buddy, yeah it was a boring game but that's what Germany do, they just do enough to win every single time. Can't see them losing to be honest they just don't lose many goals ever.

Looking forward to the game later, I have a feeling Columbia will win! Sorry buddy but they do look good.
Have a great day friends.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

congrats on the job.

so my dad had abunch of his friends come over this morning, and we went on a canoe trip. there was six of us and everybody was drinking beers. i was so tempted...my mind kept saying it was ok to have one....over and over and over. i dont know how i didnt pick up a brew and drink it.

but alas, i did not. i cant even begin to tell you what my mind was imagining....going to the store, buyin the beer, havin a few sips, etc...

but then i thought about how much i would throw away if i did drink..so i just decided to not drink. it was easy after that.

i did not expect to be tested like that today. it often comes when you least expect it.

canoe trip was great though!!
Old 07-04-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Well done Krete on passing the test it shows a strong mental resolve.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Well done Krete!!!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Brazil made it through and played pretty well too! Germany next I think, that will be a tough game guaranteed.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy View Post
Thanx buddy, yeah it was a boring game but that's what Germany do, they just do enough to win every single time. Can't see them losing to be honest they just don't lose many goals ever.

Looking forward to the game later, I have a feeling Columbia will win! Sorry buddy but they do look good.
Have a great day friends.

Bye bye Colombia.

But I don't think Brazil can beat Germany... without Thiago Silva and probably without Neymar (who is in the hospital thanks to the colombian thug).

But we are in the semifinals at least.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

I think you are right, Germany might be too strong for Brazil this time sadly but we can hope not.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Neymar is out of the World Cup. Had a fractured vertebra, a serious injury. I hope FIFA will punish the colombian bum, but I doubt it.

Final will be Germany vs Holland, like I said before.
Old 07-04-2014, 09:13 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Day 137.

A lazy summer Friday night here, the 4th of July fireworks have gotten underway off in the distance. I can hear the "thump thump thump" rhythm, with intermittent pops and bangs sprinkled in.

Did some various errands earlier in the day, but otherwise spent much of the day dueling dueling and dueling away and just messing around on my computer.

Have been in business discussions with a couple people this past week, and it's looking like my money worries are solved....... at least for the next few months. Yesterday i pretty much wrapped up one deal by noon or so, as soon as i checked my inbox and saw that offer i felt a huge sense of relief......... felt like an invisible weight had been lifted off my chest. This next week i'll probably be wrapping it up, signing paperwork, etc. Unsurprisingly, i slept very well last night, no tea or sleeping pill at all - i just fell asleep on my own without further incident, how it's "supposed" to go.

Being that it's the 4th of July, just thought i would mention my little tidbit of "good news" as a reminder that as horrible as this zombie/dried-up wasteland economy is ............. as bad as things are out there ............ as bleak as the future looks for a lot of us - i really believe America remains a great place to make money and improve your lot in life.

On this latest side project? i spent a very miniscule amount of time for what i will be getting paid. In all, i guess-timate i put about 2 hours into it....... plus a couple emails - some simple negotiating. Not bad for what amounts to almost 3 months of "working" pay.......... minus the 160 hours/month, doing things i don't want to do, and being around people i don't like.

"Only in America!"

I really like this not-having-to-leave-the-house arrangement, in the future i will commit to and put more of my energies towards this "mental work" category, it is simply better than "physical work" in every conceivable, every possible way. The saying "mind over matter" is mostly true if you think about it, who are the people who get ahead in this world? That's right, they're overwhelmingly the "mind workers".

Anyways, time to watch a replay and then it's off to bed.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:49 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Hey Grubby, sounds like things are starting to come together for you, you deserve it buddy.

Well done.
Old 07-05-2014, 06:18 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your success Grubby
Old 07-06-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

5 months today
Old 07-06-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

congrats brazillian! im right behind you.

im so relieved i didnt drink on the 4th. i coulda sworn i was gonna give in. just goes to show how vulnerable i still am..
Old 07-06-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
5 months today
Amazing achievement Brazilian, very proud of you buddy.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thanks, friends