Notices

Class of June 2014 Part 3

Old 06-26-2014, 05:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ElleDee View Post
Well I'm a new member of the Class of June 2014. Yay! 4 Days today without a drink. YAY! Gotta keep it going. I feel the best I've felt all week even though the weather here in good ole Wisconsin is still gloomy and foggy.

Join the Club. Lets do this together
Old 06-26-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning June Bugs. Welcome ElleDee. Great job on 4 days!! The weekend is coming. Hope everyone has a wonderful and sober one.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good morning! Day 18 & i have been sooooo tired the last few days. I shouldnt be because i am sleeping like i am dead. Not even waking up once to go to the bathroom. I used to wake up 2 to 3 times at least when i was drinking my wine every night. I guess i have some catching up to do?

Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-26-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Morning all! My migraine seems to be mostly gone (fingers crossed, still a little tender). For work today I actually get to do something other than sit behind a computer all day, so I'm pretty happy about that. Today is day 27 for me - tomorrow is four weeks aka a full month! I almost can't believe it, I've tried to stop drinking for one month SO MANY TIMES over the past 14 years and always failed. For me, admitting that I had a problem and couldn't control it has really been the difference maker. That and SR and IRL support, AA meetings especially.

AppleKat - I love that quote, thank you so much for sharing! Is that from a book you're reading currently? And congrats on making it through the time alone sober, I know that can be a really tempting time.

Django - glad you're still here. I do think that talking to someone in real life will help, SR is wonderful but there's something about saying it out loud to another person that really helps lift the weight off a bit, at least in my experience. "We're only as sick as our secrets" is something I've really found to be true lately, I've been telling people things I never thought I would admit to another human in a million years. And also I agree, we're unique just for being here fighting the war in the first place! That's not a small thing.

grant - I've also had the emotional stuff/memories coming up, although for me it didn't start until maybe day 10. Right before I quit drinking I kept noticing how I could barely remember my past... probably should have been more concerned about that than I was! Now it's all coming back and it's not pleasant all the time but it's also amazing to have that new kind of clarity.

Hope everyone has a great and sober day, hang in there, we can do this.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good morning all, day 19, love waking up not hungover. To say I am excited for the US-Germany World Cup match in a couple hours is a massive understatement.... go USA!!!!

Old 06-26-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Grace - It's from Parched. I haven't read it yet but it's on my list.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Day 13 and feeling really good. Wish my brain would just catch up! Was making hard boiled eggs yesterday - put them on and walked out of the room for just a minute...and totally forget them until I heard the pan boil over! Oh well, I think I saved the poor little eggs!!

Just wish there was a was to get rid of my never ending anxiety. All worked up because I have to drive into the city to see my therapist today... Sorry to whine...

Hang in there everyone! You are all doing great!
Old 06-26-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Just checking into today, Day 6, and feeling pretty down and anxious. I'm currently battling the "spiral down" part of my bipolar. I hate this. I don't even feel like going to AA meetings, even though I know they do me good once I get there.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 5 and doing well keep, thinking that if im not detoxing bad maybe my drinking was not that bad tricky little **** this addiction lol
Old 06-26-2014, 12:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

sorry about the s word
Old 06-26-2014, 01:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by helpless1023 View Post
Day 5 and doing well keep, thinking that if im not detoxing bad maybe my drinking was not that bad tricky little **** this addiction lol
I wouldn't judge it by whether or not you have physical withdrawals, rather by the negative consequences that have happened to you because of your drinking (which I'm assuming there are a bunch or you wouldn't be here). Congrats on 5 days, stay strong
Old 06-26-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
Just checking into today, Day 6, and feeling pretty down and anxious. I'm currently battling the "spiral down" part of my bipolar. I hate this. I don't even feel like going to AA meetings, even though I know they do me good once I get there.
Just go, meetings always make me feel better and loved!

In other news early on day 6 - my longest period of sobriety in the last decade or so.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone! I posted for the first time on SR last week after joining in 2011. I would love to join the June group I am currently on day 6, pretty sure the longest period without a drink (social or alone) in 4 years.

Messed up my first 6 day stretch last week for no apparant reason. In a dangerous place tonight as we have no family activities, just dinner, laundry etc. My favorite time to drink at home..... "just until I get dinner cooked, just until I get the house in order, just until I am relaxed aka sleeping aka passed out........
Old 06-26-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Just checking in, day 17 and the longest stretch in two years. I hope everyone finishes out the day on a strong sober note and wakes up feeling good tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

NewFighter - hang on and you'll be day 7 before you know it! I am - was - the same way. I'm finding my flavored sparkling waters to be a decent replacement. Maybe skip laundry and getting house in order for tonight and pick an activity for you like a good book or bubble bath or walk?

Anewpage - maybe someone could pick you up to take you to the meetings sometimes? Then it kind of removes the possibility of you not going? Hang on, girl! You'll wake up feeling better tomorrow I bet. Hugs.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Appellkat- good advice! I am relaxing on the couch with a bottle of club soda. Bring it on day 7!
Old 06-26-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Yeah, girl!!
Old 06-26-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Completely exhaustedffrom camp. Body feels liks a mack truck hit me. Need to sleep through the night so I can heal from the beating of walking 10 miles around camp at a pretty good clip... tired = lot of anxiety and obsessing... in a bad fibromyalgia episode also, which I nt helping at all. Feel very old and beat up.

Welcome to alltthe newbies we are all family.

hope all the Juners are hanging in there.

I will not cave to this, gotta push through. Praying tomorrow is better!
Old 06-26-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

As I sit here eating Haribo Gummy Bears (Minion) haha I am thankful today is Day 17 (longest I've went in quite a while)… and that I have a 2nd interview for a job on Monday. (which will help me stay away from the drink this weekend so I'm 100% fresh) A really good job at that. Yay! Hope everyone is well! Thankful for SR.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rest up minion

D