Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 13

Old 06-19-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

6.09am
Present: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

TOPSPIN: That's awesome. Congrats on 90 days man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here comes the weekend....!

Day 56...

sat tuned!
Old 06-19-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 90 days Top - I'm really proud of you, and that achievement

Happy Birthday, Present

Glad you stayed strong Luc

D
Old 06-19-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
Sorry again everyone im slightly embarrassed
No worries ST. Emotional/family stuff is tough and makes us all a little crazy. No apologies needed. Ever.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Present4614 View Post
No worries ST. Emotional/family stuff is tough and makes us all a little crazy. No apologies needed. Ever.
thanks <3 I'm ready to try again...I spoke with my fiancé forms while on the phone she was slow at work...she always makes me feel better and is so so caring...I'm taking her to the mall tomorrow, no bars or booze there
Old 06-19-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

and happy birthday!
Old 06-19-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

While recovering this afternoon I watched a docu-series on skateboarding and young kids who are doing some amazing stuff...I wanna get back out there, it was something I loved doing, and feels good, I'm good at it and it's a good workout...I will def make it part of a new routine

Thanks for puttin up with me D and everyone
Old 06-19-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
and happy birthday!
The mall is an excellent idea! We ladies (most of us anyway) love to shop! Thanks for the bday wishes. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, too.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noones 'putting up with you' ST - that's more of that negative self talk stuff.
You're a bona fide part of the Fools

D
Old 06-19-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Solitary, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. I think your level of openness is admirable.
Old 06-19-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

The mall is an excellent idea! We ladies (most of us anyway) love to shop! Thanks for the bday wishes. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, too.
thanks, yes she does very very much! Thank you
Old 06-19-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Noones 'putting up with you' ST - that's more of that negative self talk stuff. You're a bona fide part of the Fools D
thanks d I like the sound of that
Old 06-19-2014, 04:15 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Solitary, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. I think your level of openness is admirable.
thank you, you know what, I really forget sometimes that that is a really hard thing to do/be for many people, I need to use it to my advantage
Old 06-19-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

So, getting myself out of the house usually helps lessen my chances of drinking. So I try to get out almost every day (although I need a rest day now and again, or the STRESS may cause me to want to drink!)

Anyway, so I just realised that
1) The next 3 or 4 days all in a chunk are free, open, empty. Nothing in my calender.
2) These days also happen to fall over a weekend.
3) They also happen to fall during my one month anniversary - the time I drank last time.
4) I also happen to have money in my account (not drinking has saved me some money) But now... there is money there...sitting, waiting.

I.....really need to get planning, big time!!! I am kind of afraid. :O
It has already been tough these past couple days. Today, there were a handful of people here, drinking cider or beer and sitting outside and visiting. I didn't drink, but.... about a million times I thought about it.

In fact, just an hour ago, I thought "You know what? I decide to take the consequences of drinking this time - I can drink, and deal with the consequences. It's worth it to me. I'm an adult, I can drink, and it's not so bad"

So I immediately tried ot tell myself that this was my ADDICT brain just LYING and thinking that it is worth it. It FEELS like it's worth it. But actually, it's not. So I reminded myself of that. When I was sane, I decided not to drink. I have to trust my sane brain. Haha.

Anyway. I have food and non-alcoholic drinks. I have my books, computer games, SR, journal, music, etc. I can sit outside. BUUUUUUUUT...... I am worried as hell. Aaaaaaaah
Old 06-19-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think revisiting the Fools Bargain is a great idea Luc

Just to remind everyone of our team plan:

To ensure we have a successful mission this weekend, we have agreed to banish any gremlin or AV, by:

1. Immediately posting on SR, detailing our predicament and requesting reinforcements.

2. Drinking a couple of glasses of water/fruit juice or other healthy drink.

3. Eating a tasty snack.

4. Taking some form of exercise.

5. Taking a nap.

We will regroup as needed over the weekend, to tweek our strategy if necessary.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Yes! I shall try all of those. Thanks for reminding me of them!

I'm just so worried because my brain can be my enemy. I can have all of those things, and then somehow convince myself that I don't WANT it. But hey...I'm posting on here... that is the first step!! And now I'm going to go get some meat to make chilli tomorrow. I want to have food I can just eat all day long.... and no, I am not above eating ice cream... I just can't have too much, since I don't want the pains to come back. But um, if I drink, I might have worse pains. So. *gets to planning*
Old 06-19-2014, 07:19 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Anything suggesting a drink is a good, reasonable or deserved choice for you is a lie Luc

D
Old 06-19-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Lucrezia, what about finding a volunteer opportunity for the next few days, both to give you something to do, and to give you a sense of purpose. Walking dogs at an animal shelter, helping out at a food bank or soup kitchen (I just remembered you aren't in the states, they may not have people going hungry where you live, we still have much to figure out here), you can even make up your own volunteer job, like picking up litter in your neighborhood or a local park. I find that getting outside of myself and doing something good for my community is really good for my own well being. Maybe something like that would be a good strategy for you?
Old 06-19-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
ST- I agree w Adna. Glad you're having a good day. It makes me so sad when you are hurting! I hope your appt goes well tomorrow and that you never give up.

Everyone, I've been keeping up reading- sorry I haven't posted much lately. I think of you guys often.(way to go Top spin! Wish I could see you get that chip!).

Gnite all
Old 06-19-2014, 11:50 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Dee, thank you for posting the Fools weekend bargain. Hope everyone's up for this weekend's mission.

It's Friday morning, I have my kindle fully charged, healthy stuff in the fridge, skipping rope at the ready, and a comfy bed if I need it. So I'm definitely in!

Topspin, 90 days is fabulous, enjoy getting your chip, wish we could be with you too.

Adna, I love your suggestion about voluntary work, that's something which might suit me too.

Lucrezia, you're doing so well. Could you look at the weekend in terms of completing another healthy milestone?, I've come to love Sundays, because it marks another week of sobriety for me. I do agree that it would be a good idea to have some plans for the weekend, if you think that too much free time allows the gremlin to surface.

ST, thank goodness you're back on the bus with us. Good luck with today's appointment, I hope it goes well. Remember your list.

Have a great day everyone,
let the weekend begin, we're ready for it!

All for one and one for all.
Old 06-20-2014, 12:37 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Omg omg... Did I ever have FUN today. It was a rain day, so an unexpected day off work. *****; I so needed this DAT. Spent pretty much every cent I would have spent on alcohol this past 9ish weeks but here is what I got!
1. $250. Worth of artisan yarn.
2. Meat market top grade bison and bacon.
3. Lee Valley garden novelties.
4. Health store supplements.
5. Lunch out the with a friend.
6. Farmers market fresh farm cream and produce; Cherries are out! My treat
7. A Full tank of gas!
8. New Candles for my deck.
I spent way more than I should have, but still not as much as if I had been still actively buying alcohol this past two months.
What is everyone else doing with their new found wealth?