Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 13

Old 06-19-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Dee, I am so sorry for your loss and so very thankful for your guidance.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Present, ..... Hope you had a great 45th Birthday yesterday !!!!

Sending good vibes your way on the new job possibilities, ...that sounds like a great position.

Since it's my weekend starting today, I'll have to go to some local meetings to pick up a the 90 day chips they give away locally. You guys have been the most important part of support the last three months, and I wanted to tell you all how much everyone of you has meant so far on this journey.

Sure, I might've been able to get here without being a Class of Fools member, but I'm sure it's been a whole lot more fun , and made my travels easier, for sure.

Thank you again,

TS
Old 06-19-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody, I calmed down for a start...thanks apple <3 and dee and everybody
Old 06-19-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Adna too thanks <3 a new day...
Old 06-19-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I will absolutely write the stuff down today before I head over there
Old 06-19-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Topspin, 3 months is wonderful, congratulations!
Here's a stupid question, what exactly do people do with those chips?
Old 06-19-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Solitary, I'm glad you're going to go in with a list, and glad you're sounding better. I hope you can look at the last 2 days as anomalies, and move forward from here.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Topspin,
Here's a stupid question, what exactly do people do with those chips?

LOL , .....they say , if you carry it with you , and ever want to drink, ..it helps to pop it in your mouth and wait for it to dissolve.

I've never used this method , but some folks claim it's fool-proof. No Class pun intended
Old 06-19-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

It's been a long day for me here, glad to be home. We're just going to have a simple tea tonight (beans on toast), then water the garden, do a bit of laundry, them heading to bed.

It's Friday tomorrow, is everyone prepared for another sensational sober weekend?
ST, hope you're prepared for your appointment, try to make the absolute most of it. I'm probably more excited about it than you are, I hope you come away from it having learned something useful.

I also want to echo Topspin, this class of Fools has been the making of me on this journey. So just want to say thank you to every single one of you.

See you later.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Topspin, that's funny 8)
Old 06-19-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Blood Countess

Present - that's really neat about EMDR. It looks like my therapist has some special machine or something, for it? Also, this sounds like EFT, AKA tapping! I always thought that was some strange new age type thing (but I love those kinds of things, lol) Anyway, it definitely is different.

Dee - I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. it's true, we just can't save everyone.... all we can do is our part, and after that, it's up to them and their circumstances.

ST - I'm glad that you're not giving up. I know it's hard. Very very hard. Especially when you have years of mental programming - a lot of negative mental thoughts and ideas in your head - you can't change them all overnight. You just can't. Persistence is the most important thing. As long as you persist. Things might be messy and difficult and really, really suck - but just never give up, ok? All the tiny little changes will eventually start to make a difference. Even though it might not seem like that right now. I promise you, persistence will pay off. Just never give up. *hugs*

So I haven't had a drink yet. I have to say, about the dream thing. It's not that I thought that dreaming about it would CAUSE me to drink. I was just noticing a pattern, is all. Especially when you combine that with the fact that I was saying the exact same things in my blog before I drank last time, as what I was saying in my latest blog entry... I was like... I hope this is not a pattern. I guess it's a correlation thing. But, I was more prepared this time. And at this moment, I can say that I haven't had a drink. I'm thinking about it a lot, but... I haven't. So.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
LOL , .....they say , if you carry it with you , and ever want to drink, ..it helps to pop it in your mouth and wait for it to dissolve.
Ha!
Old 06-19-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for being kind and genuine, thank you so so much...Im not giving up whatsoever
Old 06-19-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by topspin View Post
Present, ..... Hope you had a great 45th Birthday yesterday !!!!

Sending good vibes your way on the new job possibilities, ...that sounds like a great position.

Since it's my weekend starting today, I'll have to go to some local meetings to pick up a the 90 day chips they give away locally. You guys have been the most important part of support the last three months, and I wanted to tell you all how much everyone of you has meant so far on this journey.

Sure, I might've been able to get here without being a Class of Fools member, but I'm sure it's been a whole lot more fun , and made my travels easier, for sure.

Thank you again,

TS
Thanks Topspin! Congrats on 90 days! WOW
Old 06-19-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

ST - will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Luc - did you finish OITNB? I have the last two episodes left. Good job on keeping on fighting the urge/dream coincidence.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Tops - 90 days....I'm beyond happy for you and proud of our little fool.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:51 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
Present - that's really neat about EMDR. It looks like my therapist has some special machine or something, for it? Also, this sounds like EFT, AKA tapping! I always thought that was some strange new age type thing (but I love those kinds of things, lol) Anyway, it definitely is different.

Dee - I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. it's true, we just can't save everyone.... all we can do is our part, and after that, it's up to them and their circumstances.

ST - I'm glad that you're not giving up. I know it's hard. Very very hard. Especially when you have years of mental programming - a lot of negative mental thoughts and ideas in your head - you can't change them all overnight. You just can't. Persistence is the most important thing. As long as you persist. Things might be messy and difficult and really, really suck - but just never give up, ok? All the tiny little changes will eventually start to make a difference. Even though it might not seem like that right now. I promise you, persistence will pay off. Just never give up. *hugs*

So I haven't had a drink yet. I have to say, about the dream thing. It's not that I thought that dreaming about it would CAUSE me to drink. I was just noticing a pattern, is all. Especially when you combine that with the fact that I was saying the exact same things in my blog before I drank last time, as what I was saying in my latest blog entry... I was like... I hope this is not a pattern. I guess it's a correlation thing. But, I was more prepared this time. And at this moment, I can say that I haven't had a drink. I'm thinking about it a lot, but... I haven't. So.
You're doing great Lucrezia! Never, never, never give up

Although alcohol has always been a problem for me, when I was much younger (late 1980's) I was addicted to meth. I STILL have dreams about it. It's really annoying.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hang in lucrez and I sobered up, washed up, and heading to work...
Old 06-19-2014, 02:58 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Sorry again everyone im slightly embarrassed
Old 06-19-2014, 03:06 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Congrats TS