Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 12

Old 07-08-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Courage, my home group is the only one I know of that does the 18 month chip. And each month during the first year. That pic is beautiful!

Taz, you do seem calmer about it, that is good. And hang in there until your husband is home. And I'm going nowhere.... Couldn't get rid of me if you tried.

Hi to everyone!

Drive by... There were layoffs at work today (yuck) and I know that I should be grateful for a job but it is just such a frustrating job. Sigh. Breathe. I'm off to chair a meeting and then go for a long walk.

Everyone have a good night!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi folks -- just checking in. I'm in the emergency room with my husband who came in with abdominal pain. He's having a CT scan. Wish us good news.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Thinking about you and your husband courage. ((Hugs))
Old 07-08-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

((((((courage)))))))))
Old 07-08-2014, 09:33 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers and good wishes Courage

D
Old 07-08-2014, 09:46 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
p***enger

He's been admitted but it's very probably nothing serious. They treat him kind of carefully because he had a very serious problem a couple of years ago that has possibly not been completely resolved and they don't really understand why he had the problem, and so they fuss over him. I just got home at 12:30 a.m. - I hope he'll be home soon maybe even tomorrow.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. A little prayer never hurt anyone, I guess.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:51 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can think of it as JuJu if you like Courage lol.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:29 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Any word courage? Still thinking good thoughts for you.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi all, thanks for the thoughts & prayers. He's still in the hospital but maybe he'll be released tomorrow. He had a rather serious blood clot a few years ago -- as his friendly vascular surgeon put it, most of the people who have that particular diagnosis die of it. This little episode has basically been a hunt for a possible new aneurysm, the kind of hunt where you look very carefully and hope to find nothing. So far, so good.

I was at the hospital till about 6:30 and made it late to a meeting I don't usually go to, then a guy there took me out for a grilled cheese sandwich. It was nice -- he's a gay crackhead, and it was not a beginner's meeting, so both the meeting and the conversation over sandwiches were refreshingly frank.

Didn't sleep last night & really must -- time to try.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:39 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

glad to hear that he will likely be released tomorrow. And glad you went to a meeyig. I've never heard of taking someone for a grilled cheese but I could see that catching on! :p

Rest and take care of you too. ((Courage))
Old 07-10-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi folks, we're both home, he's asleep. Everything's ok. They needed to rule out a new thrombosis or aneurysm -- just took lots of tests and time. Funny thing is a guy who's practically a non-drinker gets a diagnosis of acute pancreatitis, which is chronic with heavy drinkers. He's just lucky that way.

I feel like I'm back in the world. How is everyone???
Old 07-10-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad all is well Courage. Everything's ok here too

D
Old 07-11-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey all, just stopping by. Still same old, same old here, still adjusting the meds. Have doubled the dosage on the seroquel to try and improve the mood, and the lithium has my motivation at an all time low. Even the most minor things seem like a big deal, I mean like brushing your teeth or showering. Getting a load of laundry done or vacuuming is like cause for celebration. Stuff like that. Psych recommends I stay on it, and I am going to for now, but thinks it would be alright if I started tapering off as I've had the manic episode which is textbook bi-polar, but other than that I don't really fit the diagnosis, and it was clearly triggered by the anti-depressants.

So spent 6 months getting the right levels established finally, so debating it. And not sure if it's the lithium but the drinking hasn't been an issue, and I've been what in the past would have been worse case scenario for drinking: working when I can but not expected, not currently anything that can't also be done by others and my email is being forwarded, and home all day. In the past that would have been the big green light to grab a 24 and park it on the couch all day. I wouldn't even have to come up with the ridiculous reasons why I wasn't coming in that no one believes anyways.

So long story short, still kind of in limbo, had noticed a slight uptick in the mood but not much once we added in the seroquel last month, will give it another month here with the bumped dosage. Am already almost at 6 months on the lithium, and the original plan was for one year just to make sure another episode didn't happen. Problem has just been that the lithium is working as intended, but almost too much, it prevents you from getting to high or too low, except mines been almost like slightly under true neutral, not down or depressed, just slightly down. On the other hand I haven't once been in any type of good mood for 5 months, like not even a little bit, good weather, nephews birthday party, nothing.

Ah well, have a good weekend all.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:34 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Gonzo

D
Old 07-12-2014, 01:06 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Morning all

I'm sorry to hear about your husband courage.That must be very worrying for you both.Sending thoughts and prayers your way and hope he is doing well

Tam-how are the hives? I hope you're feeling better,or at least stable

Had a lousy week, felt very down and didn't want to be all negative and unsure all over here. Probably should come here really as it's when I need it most but I don't know.

Anyway,trying to be positive now.The kitten has arrived and is adorable I also have visitors this weekend and sadly the weather is lousy

I hope you soon have positive news about your living arrangements Dee

Happy sober Saturday everyone x
Old 07-12-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Morning all!

Good to hear from you gonzo, I hope the meds eventually even out so you don't feel down.

Courage, glad you sand your husband are home. What was the cause of the stomach pain? The pancreatitis? My mom had that and also didn't drink. Very painful.

RAL, sorry for the rough week. Come here and lay it out, it is better to get it off your chest.

Taz, how you doing? What a relief you don't have to do the test again. Thinking good thoughts for you and the job. How is the boss doing?

I had a tough week at work. Blech. Oh well. The hives are in check but I have to take Benadryl, Zyrtec and Prilosec to keep them away everyday which makes me tired. Very very tired. Other than that though, I am doing well. Anyone here meditate? I'm supposed to but i don't... Although I consider running a form of meditation, I haven't been doing a lot of running since the hives started. If you do, how? Guided? On your own? With a group? Just curious.

Off to the gym. Everyone have a good one!
Old 07-13-2014, 12:44 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

You're right Tam,I should post more often. Hope you have a better week at work this week-stress can't be helping

Taz- that's good news that you don't have to test again.Sending you positive thoughts and I hope you get good news this time

How's your husband courage?

Hope everyone else is ok.

Happy sober Sunday. Just. Had thoughts of drinking this week.I didn't and genuinely don't think I will it's just the thoughts were really prominent.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:49 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rough weeks can shake us up RAL. Its what we do in response that counts and I think you did great

D
Old 07-13-2014, 01:39 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Courage I'm very glad that your hubby is home from hospital and OK. I hope you're looking after each other. Very scary.

Tam, congrats on the chip!

Courage - I'm also sorry I missed the part about the dog The waterfall photo is great, I don't think we have anything like that around where I live. thanks for the tips on how to avoid the self-sabotage... I'll try to remember to use the list of good things.

Taz, that's great that you're feeling better about the next interview! Hopefully you'll be more relaxed during the interview too

Tam, I don't meditate, but I do like mindfulness, which I guess is like meditation. Mindfulness is about being present in the moment, so the exercises I do are just to pay attention to what is happening. Think about all the things you can see, not just the stuff that you're focussing on, but all the stuff you normally filter out - for me I can see the frames of my glasses around my eyes, and my hands on the keyboard... the pens on the desk etc. Then you think about all the things you can hear - my music, the keyboard clicking, the heater humming... then think of the things you can feel - the keyboard under my fingers, the chair that I'm sitting on, the feel of my shirt on my neck, the ground beneath my feet... and so on with smell and taste. It's meant to help centre you and focus on the present, instead of being too caught up in your head (where you're invariably thinking of the past or the future).

I was told a good thing to do is just think in groups of fives - five sounds, five sights, five feelings. I've recently picked up an app called "Headspace" - it's for beginner meditation (has an orange circle as the logo). I don't know if it's an Australian app. The first 10 sessions are free, then I think you have to subscribe, but I've not gotten that far yet.

RAL I hope you're doing well. I've been thinking about it more often lately... I guess the fact it's still going around in our brains proves that we still need to treat the monster with respect.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi, it's good to see everyone's posts. My husband is ok. They have no idea what's causing the pancreatitis. I'm still sober. Yesterday was not a good one but it has the merit now of being in the past.

Ready, what were you doing when the thoughts came on? What was the trigger? I think it's worst for me when I've done something (or thought I've done something) that makes me feel bad about myself. When you're having a bad time, can you visualize something positive to recover your equilibrium?

Alice, I like what you write about mindfulness. I've been trying something like that when I'm walking to work in the morning. At the very least, it passes the time!

Tam, I also do about 10 minutes of meditative breathing every morning. You can see about it online on youtube under pranayama breathing.

Tazzle, I hope you're well -- is your husband back now?

Gonzo, it's good to see you. I'm sorry that it's taking so long to get your meds and diagnoses right. I wish the best for you.

Dee, I hope you're making progress on the housing front. Thinking of you!