Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 33

Old 06-10-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Sorry I've been MIA. I had to take my husband to the ER on Sunday. I thought he was having a stroke. It was extremely upsetting to say the least. We spent the day there in CT scans and EKG's and EEG's and meetings with the neurologists exams yesterday. Today MRI.....we don't know exactly what happened. But it sure was scary.
He is home now and seems ok although he's tired. We both are. He's still my same hubby so I sure am glad.

I was able to handle everything well with no temptations, so all in all I feel good about how I managed myself. I am doing ok and feel very lucky.

Hope all is well here! I did see a great picture of a moose back there!
Old 06-10-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((else)))

D
Old 06-10-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

((( Else )))-
Thinking of you and your husband! I'm glad you made it through your husband's scare without picking up. Keep us close; a crisis can bring difficult issues and feelings to the surface. I hope your husband can get answers soon.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm glad he's home now resting, Elseware.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:32 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Else sounds scary about your husband. Glad he's back home.

Work went by pretty fast today. we have an open position that some girl came by and applied for. I noticed her NA key chains on her car keys and didn't say anything tho to anyone hoping that she gets the job. My other co worker thought she seemed cool too so I wasn't about to mention it knowing my boss would've probly tossed her application in the trash. Funny how I almost feel like when at work I'm living this big lie of who they think I really am and not a single person knows I'm this crazy alcoholic whos relapsed dozens of times. I wish addicts and alcoholics weren't looked at so negatively.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

BF. I wish that it was possible to be more open about it, too, but I've learned the hard way that sometimes it's better to just keep quiet. One time my husband said to me when I was "woe is me-ing" about being an alcoholic and a drug addict, he said, "Well, that's not all you are, you know". I thought that was a very kind and understanding thing for him to say. Now I've learned to NEVER say that I'm a drug addict or an alcoholic except in a very special context like a meeting or when talking to my husband or therapist. It's no ones business. And you or I don't need anyone else's harsh judgements. We know what are faults are and we don't need reminding by someone who has no understanding. That's the way I see it.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:19 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning, everybody.

Else, I'm sorry about your husband! I'm glad it wasn't a stroke, and he's home with you now. Nothing like a crisis to knit two people together!

Siesta, congratulations on your 7 months! Hope your golf day is fun!
Old 06-11-2014, 03:28 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Siesta, congratulations on 7 months.

Else, I'm glad you're home safely with your husband. Is he OK today? Did they find out what it was?

Courage, what would have been my caption on your trip? Glad you met Toots, I hope to meet her too one day. You must share her.

Have a great day.

DP
xx
Old 06-11-2014, 04:18 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Elsie, hugs to you and Mr Elsie, I'm glad he seems his normal self, and I hope they find out what was wrong with him and can ensure it doesn't happen again

BeFree it only would it be a lot healthier for those with addiction issues to be more open, but it would make it so much easier for those in denial or in secret to admit their problems and seek help. I firmly believe that those of us here and in AA/NA are the tip of the iceberg of problem drinkers and pill takers coping with the 21st century stresses as best to hey feel they can. We need a complete attitude change, not only towards addiction and it's victims ( I hesitate to use that word, but I also don't believe in the ethos that 'we chose' to become addicts - we chose whether to do something about our addiction or not) but towards society's idea of drink as a social lubricant and reward.

Dottie I love this idea of Toots being an enjoyable commodity to be shared around, you may just get a Tootsie roll up to your front door sometime soon!!!!! ( Hey Kris, if it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me!!)

DG don't believe a word from Courage, my Codie days are far behind me, she is merely the cheapest tour guide I could find!!

Carlos, I am beginning to get slightly worried about you, I too felt Courages Bust worthy of a Carlos Comment, it drew a snigger of anticipation from me!

Courage, I now imagine the Canterbury pilgrims wandering lost and bemused around the Bronx. That image will have me smiling all day!

G/F, Gilmer, hiya!

Undies, fellow Overrie refuseniks Happy Hump Day xx
Old 06-11-2014, 05:10 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Else, Sending prayers for the both of you. hope all the tests give you a good clue on what to do.

Courage, that pic was taken about 10 miles from our home. I was looking for the bull pic.

These days I am trying to be really honest in all situations. I don't walk up to people on the street and say, HI, I'm an alcoholic but if the situation warrants it, I am all for telling it like it is. If it don't change nothing changes.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Good morning undies.

Didn't get up early enough to get out for a walk but I am having my coffee and cereal with sliced fresh strawberries.

I had another awful dream being surrounded by people all drunk and mean. Hmm now that I'm thinking about it I wonder if that dream is linked to my thoughts about the wedding this sat.. It totally threw me off. I'm not liking those dreams at all but I did remain sober in it.

Well I better get going. Will check in later!
Have a great sober day!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good Morning Undies,

Siesta - CONGRATULATIONS ON 7 Months of sobriety The golf trip to Catalina Island sounds like a perfect way to celebrate this significant milestone. I hope you have a wonderful time!

DG - I am glad to hear you are getting back into yoga and getting so much from it. I have a yoga video I have had for several years and have yet to try it. I didn't know you could get a youtube yoga lesson. Thank you so much for the tip. I think I will put that on my agenda for today!

Gleefan - What an insightful post about Needy! You have shown tremendous growth in recognizing that Needy should be held accountable for her behavior. I am so happy that you are feeling freedom from guilt and anxiety, confidence in your decision and most importantly serenity.

Else - I am so sorry to hear about your husband. Kudos to you for getting through a scary time and doing so soberly. I will be sending prayers your way for both you and your husband.

Boozefree - I hope the applicant with the NA keychain gets the job! It's so unfortunate that there is still such a huge stigma associated with addiction. I still remember having a conversation years back with a co-worker that had enrolled in an addiction counselor education program. Ultimately she gave it up because in her words "she didn't have any compassion for those suffering from addiction; they made the choice and they did it to themselves". Needless to say - My first thought was "Lady, you are talking to an alcoholic". My opinion of her clearly went downhill after this conversation. You never know if the person you are speaking to will have understanding and compassion or just be totally ignorant about addiction. That's why it's wise to keep it close to your chest until you know the person really well and their stance on addiction. On another note, I have had several drinking dreams of late where I am imbibing, lying about it and just a fraud. Scary stuff.

Wishing everyone a contented and sober Wednesday!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Glee- I had a needy 'friend' in my life too when I quit drinking. It was a bit of a different situation from yours, but I won't go into the details. Anyway, I broke off all contact a few months after getting sober. Just yesterday I was thinking about the guy wondering if I had been too harsh, if I should call him, etc. We DID have some fun times together. Thing is that there was a lot of messed up stuff too that I just didn't need in my life. I guess my point is that sometimes that guilt or second-guessing is natural but that doesn't mean you did the wrong thing. I'm glad to hear you were able to let go of the guilt.

Toots, how are you doing? Your posts are always about eveybody else... we want to know about you!

Else- That must have been so scary. Glad to hear he was ok.

Well, I've been working on getting up earlier and today it felt just a little easier. Ever since I quit drinking, for whatever reason, it was just natural to stay up later and sleep in late. I guess since I have the flexibility to make my own work schedule, it was possible to fall into that groove. When I was drinking, I'd normally be passed out earlier. Anyway, I really want to be waking up earlier and taking advantage of the daylight hours. I'm not a college student anymore after all.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Back to day 1---later undies

Babs
Old 06-11-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

(((Else))) so grateful you weathered the storm. Prayers out to you and your husband.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Courage- Here's a couple of links to some of the classes I've done. There's lots of different types of yoga out there though so if you don't like these ones, just search youtube for yoga classes and there are like a zillion options.

Here's the link to general classes:
Namaste Yoga with Dr. Melissa West – Real Yoga for Real People

And another for beginner classes:
Beginners Yoga Class

Here's another link to a page that has a link to some beginner series:
Yoga for Beginners
Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DG0409 View Post
Toots, how are you doing? Your posts are always about everybody else... we want to know about you!
I second that emotion: UNLEASH THE INNER TOOTS!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hey Babs....glad you posted..dust yourself off and get back on track..send a pm if you need to....
Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Welcome back again, Babs!

Good to see you, Jim! What's new with you?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

thank you guys---