Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 33

Old 06-08-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi Undies.

I just have to share that today is 14 months no alcohol here.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations DG! You're amazing and you just keep getting better!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congratulations, DG!
Old 06-08-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Else unfortunately the hair I was so stoked about isn't happening. My sister will no longer do it.

DG congrats on 14 months!!

Very frustrated and bummed with not getting my hair done today. I was really looking forward to it.
Not used to feeling angry and not being able to shut it out with booze.
Ugh not gonna drink tho. Maybe a nap instead.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Dear BF, I am so sorry that you were disappointed by your sister today. While getting sober doesn't eliminate disappointment, not picking up because of it will for sure eliminate the disappointment in ourselves the next morning.

Lily and I think that your hair looks spectacular as is. I do understand how you must feel disappointed by your sister though.

Kudos to you for not allowing this disappointment to lead to anything more. Thanks for posting and sharing this with us so that we can send along our positive vibes.

Carlos xx

ps: Ali, I hope that you are feeling better today!!

gracette - I promise, it does get better...much better. Congrats on 11!

Courage - lovin the story!

glee, what an amazing connection that your work has offered you with your Grandmother. I am so happy for the new perspective you now have with NF. She did not deserve the space she took up between your ears. My newest name for you, VSG. Hint, something about having come a long way, baby! hey 19 is still in the mix!

Else, we gave it the ol college try. We are on the shelf till next year.

HAPPY 14 MONTHS, DG. Oh so happy for your transformation and diligence at so many levels. You rock!!

Had a busy day. Still another chore till rest. ttyl, Undies
Old 06-08-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your milestone DG

D
Old 06-08-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Free,

I know how little things can set us off and in early recovery it seems like even something bigger. Treat yourself to a nice mani or pedi and book another appt for your hair.

I just called my hairstylist and can't get in for 3 more weeks. Oh, well. It'll last me 3 weeks longer than I had planned on for next time.

Hope everything else is going okay for you. Big Hugs.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

DG - Congratulations!!!!

I had a lovely day today - a little biking, some outdoor yoga, a lunch with friends where I came out about my alcoholism, little league baseball, and a trip to the pool.

Wait! What? Gilmer, you inspired me. Also, I've been enjoying the things that life is offering because I'm opening up. A friend was talking about growing up with her alcoholic mother, and the opportunity was right, and I shared that I'm a little over 100 days sober. It was a dignified conversation about something I'm working on.

From there I drove a couple of exits up the highway home. I will admit that I picked a wide stretch of road, at a quiet time of day.

Anyway, I had some fun in between, then capped the day with a serious conversation with hubby. I shared what I've been talking about here all along about my childhood trauma, alcoholism, codependency, their effects on the decisions I've made, the behavior I've settled for, and my expectations going forward. We have very different expectations from life.

Carlos - A long way, indeed. (Right? Am I on to it? Am I "smoking" hot or cold? Or am I one cig short of a full pack? )

BoozeFree - I'm sorry that you're not going to get that slammin pink hair, but super happy that you are processing through your disappointment here. We can't control people's behavior but we can control our reactions to it.

Have a good night, all!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks IWLSAST - and right on cue, I do feel much better today! I was at least a little more active than yesterday, had two dr appointments. Wish I could watch Game of Thrones tonight but my bf is out of town and he has the HBO, so just gonna read instead. I've been getting a lot more reading done these days haha.

gleefan - that's amazing that you were able to open up like that with your friends and your husband. I don't know how your expectations differ but at least you put it out there.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:52 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey DG, congratulations sweetheart on 14 months.

BFree you will be beautiful however you wear your hair, don't let your sisters change of mind upset you. At the wedding you will have glowing skin, sparkling eyes, a slimmer figure and you will not have to worry about embarrassing yourself on your mothers special day. Who knows, there may even be a cute usher to ogle or dance with!!

Gracette good news that you are feeling better.

Aly a visit here is a real fillip when you're feeling low, everyone is so supportive aren't they!

GF, kudos on the driving practise!! I'll go buy the live lobster from Shaws now!! Lol

Hugs all and happy sober Monday to you all. Especially you Courage!!
Old 06-08-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Shaw's is so Mass.

Boston is a couple more than two exits up from me. Don't start boiling the water just yet, but I won't let you leave the states without a visit. There, promised!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:39 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
p***enger

Boozefree, I'm sorry to hear the pink hair isn't happening. It sounded cool to me.

I can't post to everyone -- it's too late & I'm too tired tonight to gather my thoughts. I hope everyone is well.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:57 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

BF, I'm truly sorry about your hair. That picture was gorgeous. Maybe you can get it done that way later, when your sister isn't so swamped.

GF, I am proud of you. By sharing with your friend, you are not only stretching your own growth, but you are deepening the friendship. People feel deeply honored when you share something serious and personal with them. The right kind of person will feel a solemn duty to follow up and be available in the future for you on a non-superficial level if you should need them. It also helps them grow, because the ice will be broken and they will be confident to share something about themselves with you.

DG, you sound like you're really thriving. You are bound to feel some nostalgia for your ex; you shared your life with him for a lot of years. His memory just doesn't vanish overnight. You took a long time to deliberate the breakup; you know you did not make a mistake. Change is a wrenching thing, I'm sure especially for him, because he's the one who got broken up with. Eventually he too will move onto new things.
Old 06-09-2014, 05:29 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
p***enger

Kris47 I'm loving the butterfly images on the 24 thread! Thanks!
Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Good morning undies.
Thanks for the kind words yesterday. Funny how I let such a little thing totally turn my mood bumming me out and making me upset. But like everyone says emotions are kinda all over the place early on so I just let it ride out.

Got up and had some coffee and packed my lunch. Now time for work. Starting to feel a little anxious about this Saturdays event. I'm not a big fan of standing infront of huge crowds. Still enjoying the healthy eating although I've decided to give myself one cheat day a week. And there's this independent company called yum yum gum that I just bought like 5 different flavors from for when the cravings for sweets come in. I much rather support local independent companies then corps.

Have a great sober day class!!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Hi Undies,

Just checking in before starting the day. On today's plate is drum lessons and work. The work I'm dreading. I have too much to do and feel overwhelmed and swamped, but I know the best thing is to just get started on it.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Congrats on 14 DG!
Old 06-09-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Congrats DG. 14 months is FANTASTIC and inspirational. Today is day 18 for me. The weekend was tough but I did it. I went for bike rides, made chocolate covered strawberries and would go to Target and just walk around to keep my mind off of drinking.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 18 change!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:50 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hello Everyone,

Congrats Change! Keep accruing those days!

Courage, monarchs are my favorite. Too bad their food source, ( Milkweed) is being depleted. We have one big patch here but little is left anywhere anymore.

Free, Thanks for the Heads Up on Yum, Yum Gum. I need to google it and find some.

Have a good evening everyone!