Notices

24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet, Part 62, All Welcome!

Old 06-01-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rar

Thank you for doing this thread Deeker. I enjoy coming here.
24 more for me.
10:52 pm. EST
Old 06-01-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My heart breaks to see you leave Deeker. You have been such an important part of my recovery. The stories of the journeys of others made me feel not so alone. Thank you for all you have done for us. I wish you well. The 24 hour club will never be the same without you. You are in my prayers. Checking in for another 24 please.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wehav here, I'm in for another 24.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

signing up from work on my cell for the last time. I m very upset since the 24 hours club had a special place in my heart
I truly enjoyed the club and reading people esh.
Thank you for doing service Deeker no one can replace you. I will miss you and your posts....sad and upset but in for the next 24 hours.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:20 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

8:19 in Oregon signing in sober for another sober day. What's going on?
Old 06-01-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
Thoroughly confused....another 24? NY
WHY Indeed do we need to ave this 24 Hour Club changed? Who amongst us voted for a change of hands? Deek started this over a year ago, and had been of service to us all. What do you guys think? Your opinion??? Let Dee and Anna know. I personally love the connection we have going here in it's current form.
I don't get it!
Bobbi
Old 06-01-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi There Everyone!

Attention:

I am afraid that this is my 424th post and the very last 24 hour club post!
I love you people, you have no idea how your support of this thread has kept
me clean and sober. I wish you all the very best! I will miss you!

Congratulations!

DancingDiva 1 week!
StayStrong33 1 week!
Kizzer49 2 weeks!
GentleSoul 2 weeks!
Saskia 4 weeks!
nonna11 3 months!
Alysheba 3 months!
shi 4 months!
Rar 4 months!
halfvictory 5 months!

If I missed your special day, my apologies.

Sorry No roster this evening.

Be Kind to Yourself

It’s not always possible to avoid slips or relapse. Do not let this be a reason to stop trying .
There is no shame in slipping or relapsing. There is no shame in having an addiction.

We are not responsible for our addiction but we are responsible for our recovery.

Let's give ourselves credit for each step we take, each change we make, no matter how small for
each brings us closer to our goal closer to recovery.

Hopefully if anyone has a slip it will bring them closer to admitting complete defeat. But we
can't use it as an excuse to stay out there. Cuz the only one it is hurting is us.

Let's Extend to ourselves the same kindness, understanding, support, and patience that we
would to another going through what we are. We have to stop beating ourselves up and just
shake it off and keep moving forward.

We need to plan each day around our recovery

It has to be that important. Recovery is a process and a learning experience. We need to keep
our focus on what is important.

We need to keep our self-talk positive. Believe in ourselves. Believe in our recovery. Ask for help.
It takes a lot of hard work but Recovery is attainable and sustainable.

And remember putting down the drink and or drugs is only the beginning.

Recovery is about change, change of thoughts and behaviors, these are the things that used to
trigger the obsession to drink. Things like anger, self pity, intolerance, impatience, ego,
self centeredness and to high expectations.

If we keep doing what we always did we will keep getting what we always got!

When we are able to change these behaviors, the obsession goes away, for we are
no longer feeling restless and irritable because of them

We are no longer living in such a way that we think the world should revolve around us.

I pray that you all will find lasting sobriety and the one thing I believe will
fill your soul. For me that is a relationship with The Lord Jesus Christ!

Lift eachother up!

I started this thread and I am requesting this thread to be closed after you all sign in
for one last time.

Are we in for another 24 hours?

If you are looking for a little encouragement you can scroll back over 424 - 24 hour club posts.

* My Song For The Day-Amazing Grace

Old 06-01-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks Deeker for all your time and caring words over the last year. You did a fantastic job developing and managing this thread that has impacted so many of us to help overcome a very difficult lifestyle. It is a true shame it has to come to an end. Stay strong in your sobriety my friend and make sure you find me on my 1 yr bday...im looking forward to the second half of that cake!
Huggs....
Old 06-01-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
LDT

I'm also in for the next 24. Deeker, you are irreplaceable ! Your commitment to this thread has been amazing and inspiring. I know the hours you put into the club . Thank you for the 424 selfless days of devotion to us.

I'll be "seeing" you
Old 06-01-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am completely confused and very upset right now. Don't even know what to say. Deeker, you have made such a positive difference in my life and I'm sure in the lives of many here. I wish you all the best and may God bless you. This thread has been so important to my sobriety these past eight months. I will miss the daily message and everyone's inspiring stories.

Signing in for one more day at 10:23 pm in Texas.

Love to all here in the 24-hour club,
calico
Old 06-01-2014, 08:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Same here, HuntingTx, .......Same Here.....First Venuscat now Deeker.......I need this thread and the stories to relate and understand......I am not an AA meeting kinda person.....It has taken me 3 months to feel okay enough to speak here on this 24 hour thread........
Old 06-01-2014, 09:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Deeker posted a few months ago that she worked so hard on the 24-Hour Club that she was having trouble going to meetings. This worried me a lot. I sent her a message with the following suggestion on how to make the 24-Hour Club easier to manage.

If the 24-Hour Club were a new thread every day, then the moderators would not have to start a new thread so often. A new thread would start every day, and there would only need to be a new thread if we ever grew to over 500 posts a day.

The other thing is that the roster would be simple--there is a feature where if you click on the number of posts in a thread, you see a list of all the members who posted in the thread. So someone would just copy that and post it at the end of each day's thread.

Somebody would have to be responsible for starting the thread, and we would have to trust that others wouldn't create their own thread. The weekend thread works this way.

I know we can keep the 24-Hour Club alive!

PS--and I'm checking in for today!

Last edited by Coldfusion; 06-01-2014 at 09:26 PM. Reason: addition
Old 06-01-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

We definitely can keep the 24 hour club alive and it can continue to be a source of support for all of you.

This thread, like all of SR, depends on each of us and the support and encouragement we offer to each other.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

There seems to be a fury of PMs with members involved and a lot of misunderstanding.

Forum threads are open to all and as long as the member doesn't violate rules and stays on topic they are free to post on any thread. All forum threads and posts are moderated by the forum moderators. That is our policy. A member can't moderate a thread and control the content that's posted.

We do have other options though. The blogs and social groups can be moderated by the member who starts them. We do moderate the blogs and social groups for serious rule violations, but the member has complete control over the content and can approve or unapproved posts I believe.

I don't believe it was ever said that other shares can't be included with your sign in posts.

To control thread content you will have to take it to the blogs or social groups.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Deeker, I am so sorry to lose you on the 24 hour club. Your words of support meant so much to me. Your private messages checking in on me when I didnt show up for a few days helped me to stay focused. I am sober almost 7 months and you are a big reason for that.
I understand that these forums need to have some rules for the safety and respect of all but this is ridiculous. Dee, why cant a group of recovering people have a place to go each day to share their stories and journey. Why do you feel it neccesary to change what is working for all of us. If Deeker is out, so am I. I will stay sober for 24 hours and hopefully for ever. I will have to find other avenues for support and love and understanding.
Doesnt appear that I am going to get it here.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:35 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I pledge to stay sober for the next 24!
It's 9:30 pm in Oregon, USA

Peace,
~Heartfan
Old 06-01-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

In for another 24 and I liked the personal stories and shares too! I'll miss you, Deeker even though I didn't always sign in everyday!
Old 06-01-2014, 09:54 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
We definitely can keep the 24 hour club alive and it can continue to be a source of support for all of you.

This thread, like all of SR, depends on each of us and the support and encouragement we offer to each other.
Isnt that what we were already doing??
Old 06-01-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Really sad to see that Deeker has felt she can no longer do this thread. It helps me so much, and the personal touch she adds to it is simply wonderful - so encouraging and I love being part of it.

Hope this can be resolved. Her service in the 24hr club has been devoted and selfless to say the least.

Signing up for another 24hrs, 6.00am UK. Birds are singing their wee hearts out and my cat is fast asleep on my bed beside me. Peaceful start to the day

Have a good one, friends x
Old 06-01-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I have really enjoyed this thread through my time here. The stories are inspirational, support incredible, the love-amazing. Seeker, I am sure Jesus is well pleased with you, you have a noble heart.
Much love and prayers going out to you, dear one.

Signing in, albeit sadly this evening.
11:13 pm MST