Notices

Class of June 2014

Old 06-01-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
Well. I f$%&ed up and drank today so it looks like I'm in the June class. I hate myself and want to die.

Hi anewpage,

Welcome, you're not the only one whos messed up. Its hard. Let's give ourselves a kick up the proverbial and beat this thing. I am so ill I am still awake and its 1.25am here. I hated myself this morning too. I finally accept I can't drink, at all ..ever. We deserve to get better and to like ourselves and our lives.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:34 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you had to miss the graduation and someone made an unkind comment.
But, if you're like me, drinking makes it worse - not better.

It took me a long time to learn to handle disappointment and criticism sober, but it is possible.

With every attempt you learn more and get a little further ahead. You'll get there

D
Old 06-01-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anewpage View Post
It was my step daughters graduation. and half way through, the baby sitter called and said she had to leave so I had to go home and watch the kids. I was so upset and so mad that I had to miss the graduation. On top of that, a complete stranger commented on my parenting. I just thought, sod this. I'm buying alcohol. So I did.
Hugs anew... it is a battle, and you are fighting it and gaining some victories! Don't let this deflate you, you are strong you've proven that... you need to stand up, dust off and start walking forward. You are not alone! ♥ No hating and no dying... hold on friend!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Robert777 and Sweetenuff, certainly for many people apart from just an addiction, the tensions around us of so many kinds trigger the need for an escape.

I always drink more with hassle going on around me, especially with stuff below the surface that I can't perceive clearly and makes me neurotic without knowing it.

So I'm trying to open a window and get rid of some of the stale air, and act and think differently- once the central pestilence is corrected all the secondary issues clear up by themselves.

Easier said than done I know, and I understand that many people also simply have an addiction, which I do in part; my life's changing at the moment however so I have some cause for optimism.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Glad to be here and looking forward to further days of sobriety. Been a binge drinker for a few years, but last 6 months drinking almost daily. This site has made recovery seem possible for once.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Welcome Cee!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I would like to join June! Ending day 26 here. I don't have the urge to drink, but I have a lot of anxiety and depression. Trying everything I can to have a positive outlook, and seem "normal" and happy around the people in my life. I feel I can talk here and people understand. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

God its only day 1 and i already want to drown my sorrows thinking about the consequences of my actions. Its a neverending cycle...fear of going to work tomorrow because of my drunken antics and im behind on my responsibilities because my hangover kept me from being productive this weekend. Gotta break this cycle somehow but its not easy
Old 06-01-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's not easy but the way to break it is to not drink again raidersfan - we're all behind you

D
Old 06-01-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raidersfan13 View Post
God its only day 1 and i already want to drown my sorrows thinking about the consequences of my actions. Its a neverending cycle...fear of going to work tomorrow because of my drunken antics and im behind on my responsibilities because my hangover kept me from being productive this weekend. Gotta break this cycle somehow but its not easy
Welcome raidersfan...I won't hold that against you...lol, east coaster here, but love my dolphins! GLAD u are here. You can get through and once you clear up a little, you will find you are more productive than you ever thought you could be.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cowgirlie View Post
Helloooooo! New enrolment in the class please! I'll take this seat over by the window and hand out cake while we all settle in

Sweetenuff, 7 weeks sober is awesome! Excluding pregnancy I think my longest spell has been 8-9 days...

Ooh I love a fresh new month! Can't wait to have my evenings back to get exercising and look after myself more. I spend so much energy looking after my kids and working hard, I think I over-look myself completely. I was reading about High Functioning Alcoholics and it all rings so true... if that is me, I'm telling myself it must mean I'm capable of being a high functioning sober person! As in, can achieve sobriety if I approach it with the same dedication as I have other areas of my life. There's my deep thought if the day!!
Hey Cowgirlie you sound just like me! Although it was easy to not drink when I was pregnant, I became alcohol dependent about 8 years ago (can actually recall the exact date) and for years now thought it was just a bad habit since I have been pretty high functioning (or so I thought). Reality is I'm losing it so looking forward to returning to the high functioning sober person I was for the first 42 years of my life. Looking forward to going through this together with everyone. And thanks for the virtual cake
Old 06-01-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi all. I have never joined a monthly club so it's about time !. I'm on day 13 and am hanging in there. Enjoy reading SR daily and have found it to be quite inspirational over the past year. Good to be here.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCfitnessgirl View Post
Hi everyone, I would like to join June! Ending day 26 here. I don't have the urge to drink, but I have a lot of anxiety and depression. Trying everything I can to have a positive outlook, and seem "normal" and happy around the people in my life. I feel I can talk here and people understand. Thanks!
Nyc... I second u on the anxiety... need these threads, cause sometimes my head overtakes me and anxiety usually meant I would drink in the past only compounding th anxiety more. Glad ur here!
Old 06-01-2014, 06:53 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Minion09 View Post
Welcome raidersfan...I won't hold that against you...lol, east coaster here, but love my dolphins! GLAD u are here. You can get through and once you clear up a little, you will find you are more productive than you ever thought you could be.
Haha thanks for the laugh friend. We play each other september, i look forward to the friendly smack talk we will have in the september thread

Time to get off my arse, cook a healthy dinner, and take care of business. Moaning and moping around wont help anything, so i may as well stop focusing on the past and look towards the present
Old 06-01-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Raidersfan13 View Post
Haha thanks for the laugh friend. We play each other september, i look forward to the friendly smack talk we will have in the september thread

Time to get off my arse, cook a healthy dinner, and take care of business. Moaning and moping around wont help anything, so i may as well stop focusing on the past and look towards the present
I'm holding you to that Raidersfan... "smack" talk humor...lol!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I am new here too! I am trying to taper down in hopes of quitting for good!! We all know the sanity in quitting...Please let us choose to follow the right path!!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hoping June is good for us!!
Old 06-01-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome swede

don't you think seeing a Dr would be better?

D
Old 06-01-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Starting in June

Hi,

I am a 20 year alcoholic. Wanting to change for my kids and myself. Realizing I have to taper off... and do the hard work. I am a type A person in every facet of my life but the drinking...I hope to gain skills here to stick to my decision...I am the type drinker that is good from 8 AM to 9 PM then all bets are off....hangover has receeded, I have always needed alcohol to take the "edge off" Never felt comfortable in my own skin. I desperately wish to find peace again... happiness in the everyday things, not to be so annoyed by a hangover...
Old 06-01-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Actually did...I drink 6 beers per night. He said taper down, Hope this is factual information!!