Notices

Class of June 2014

Old 06-11-2014, 01:26 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a good day. Really enjoy all the posts. Trying to go from lurker to poster, eventually. Only on day 3, in a bit of a downer mood, but not going to drink.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Went to grants farm which is in St. Louis and gives free beer out (only a few)! It's kind of a small zoo that's run by Budweiser. Met my friend and her kids there with me and my kids. She had several and it was hard to resist but I did it!
Old 06-11-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome FacingFuture and cla17soc

D
Old 06-11-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi just finishing my day 1

And have an activity planned tomorrow and I asked an acquaintance to join me. Need to work on the loneliness part since my party of one is over thankfully.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:56 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Day five here. Longest I have been sober in 5 years. Withdrawals are terrible, but im finding a way to manage them. Just wanted to say hi and thank you all for the support.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
And have an activity planned tomorrow and I asked an acquaintance to join me. Need to work on the loneliness part since my party of one is over thankfully.
Day one for me too! I guess I shouldn't say cheers, but as long as that's taken literally, it should be okay. Good luck to both of us!

Last edited by sober1ck; 06-11-2014 at 07:16 PM. Reason: added 'day one for' in front of 'me too' to clarify
Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Finishing Day 10 of sobriety for me!

Wound up in a bad spot at the mets game tonight when the group I was with ordered a round of drinks. It was with a work group, so not a place I wanted to say anything about me quitting drinking. I wound up doing the "cheers" thing, and then planning how i could spill my drink. After three tiny sips, I just decided to put it under my seat and leave it. Not surprisingly, nobody noticed I never finished it.

Been very happy that I've now been in two social settings where this has happened and I haven't finished the first drink.

Now I'm in the clear for a full month of any activities where I know drinking will be involved, so confident I'll get to 40 days. Focusing on that for now and will worry about the work party on July 9th when it comes.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Day 9 and having a hard time tonight - I used to enjoy taking a cider out to the barn and sit and listen to the horses eating...
I went out there with a cup of tea but I felt anxious and couldn't relax. I hope the peaceful feeling will come back over time...
Old 06-11-2014, 08:55 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scottydog View Post
One more thing I want to mention, and maybe others are in the same boat, for me drinking causes major depresssion, not while I'm drinking but the next day. I'm not talking a minor case of the blues but rather full blown I don't want to get out of bed and the world is worthless. I have read about this and believe alcohol and my brain chemicals don't mix. It's another reason I have to stop. I feel great this morning and I'm going for a work out before starting the day.
Scottydog
This is 100% what happens to me, and it's just gotten worse and worse with time. I was thinking of jumping in front of the subway trains on a regular basis. It's probably the biggest thing that got me to admit I had a problem, if drinking makes me feel this way and yet I keep drinking. And of course I conveniently forget about all this when I'm trying to convince myself that it's all okay and I can drink after all! I'm starting to realize reading and writing here will have the added benefit of reminding me of this stuff... I can't believe how easy it is to forget.

I'm doing well, besides wrestling with the convenient forgetfulness mentioned above. I went to two AA meetings in the past two days, and while I'm still a little unsure of what it's all about, I doubt that I can stay sober for the long term without something like that in my life. Something like SR IRL, I guess

Welcome to the newcomers, hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-11-2014, 09:08 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Way to go nymets on 10 days... that was a good trick putting the beer under the seat! I'm sort of excited (also nervous) to go to a baseball game sober, I always get so hammered that I can't follow the game, which I actually do enjoy.

Also way to go hereandnow on resisting the free beer!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:04 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

11 days (or is it 10? I don't really count). I'm always amazed by how I can go from being so close to getting a drink (or 20) and thinking I'll never be able to stay sober, to feeling completely at peace and having no cravings at all and motivated to stay sober. And almost every time, all it takes is getting a little sleep. It seems so simple I can't believe it's been such a long struggle.

Anyway, looking forward to another good day today.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hey all, just checking in on the start of day 10 for accountability sake. I can say the cravings and constant thoughts of drinking do get easier, and come fewer and farther between.

I did wake up in a really bad mood despite getting a good night's sleep. I suspect it happens sometimes, I just got so used to numbing all my feelings that I never noticed. Maybe even feeling this angry at the world is a blessing... you'll never know the highs if you don't let yourself feel the lows.

Actually feeling a bit better just writing that down. Off to work I go, hope you all have a wonderful day
Old 06-12-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

I'm having the worst night. Spinning in panic in the middle of the night sucks cause there's no one to talk to.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:43 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

hi all another member of here suggested this forum so here I am !
day one for me again after sabotaging 2 months so got to do it all again

I'm glad I'm here though

charlotte x
Old 06-12-2014, 03:32 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome, Countryside, and the other new Juners. Glad you decided to join us on this sober journey.

I'm feeling a little down. One of the SR members who was so supportive after my relapse is struggling and in hindsight, I can see much of the reason for my fall in her post. There are some other things bugging me to, but just like I've told others, early recovery has it's ups and downs. You just have to get through them.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by rockstonic View Post
I'm having the worst night. Spinning in panic in the middle of the night sucks cause there's no one to talk to.
There's always someone around tho rockstonic - if not in this thread, in other threads or the chatroom.

Reach out when you need the help

Welcome to the thread Charlotte

D
Old 06-12-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Thanks dee and doggoncarl
I just feel numb today i don't feel anything .
At least my hangover has gone so that's a good thing just sighs that i have to do it all over again xxx
Old 06-12-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

For anyone who doesn't know...we close threads at about 500 posts or so...stops things getting too cumbersome...

I'll close this thread shortly and put in a link for Part 2

D
Old 06-12-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

we continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D