Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 10

Old 05-28-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Mrs bee that's so awesome!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Haha this is making me think of the "punk-o-Rama" collections from years back, I distinctly remember punk o Rama 4 "straight from the pits" lol, all those artists were like my middle school/high school days and all those bands/songs are unforgettable to me!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's awesome green turtle!
Old 05-28-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I also like a lot of those artist, might have to check out a few that I don't recognize.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

3777 - I was sure I'd drop pounds after quitting drinking gallons of wine. But I too have replaced it with other things. I am giving myself a little break, because I am working out, and darnit why can't I have a cup of ice cream a few nights a week. And chocolate. And cookies. And...sigh. I think I will have to eventually check in for sugar addiction. I know some people who remove sugar from their diet but I don't get it! How!?

I had to slow down on the sugar here... my pants were getting to tight to zip up! My brother in law quit drinking about the same time I did and we both have had terrible sugar cravings. If you think about it, it's the same thing, really. Alcohol turns to sugar immediately once you consume it, so it's only natural that you would crave sugar when there's no alcohol around. I gave myself the freedom to eat as much ice cream as I felt like having for the past several weeks... but now, unless I stop I will have to buy a new wardrobe! I started loosely following the south beach diet, phase 3 - it allows only a small amount of whole grains and no sugar. Eating lots of fresh berries, organic yogurt, lean meats and tons of salad. If I get a sweet tooth, I grab a diet soda. I know it's not the best thing for you, but there are worse things
Old 05-28-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by greenturtle View Post
I just realized yesterday was 30 days for me, not 29. I can't believe I missed it! So today is 31 and feeling good!
Great job turtle!!! It's kinda funny when you miss counting a day or days, to me it means I'm not constantly thinking about having to stay sober
Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi all,

UP, great to hear that things have improved a bit for you today. Great work for not going down the alcohol route BTW.

Obosob, I didn't get to thank you for the fools outing this morning, that was so funny, it's made me smile all day.

Welcome back DD, you're back in the groove now.

I'm off to my bible class this evening, so will pop back later.

Love to you all x
Old 05-28-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by overwhelmd View Post
Great job turtle!!! It's kinda funny when you miss counting a day or days, to me it means I'm not constantly thinking about having to stay sober
congrats on 31 days ... turtle !!

o whelmd, ... that's the way I see it too. ^
..I'll take any progress I can get, and call it good.

I wouldn't sweat the sugar thing this early y'all. I've lived for years after I got sober before with no sugar,.... It allowed me to eat like a bear, never having to worry about counting calories , or carbs , or God forbid ....weighing food.

I started off getting a little concerned because I would literally eat a whole cake or a full tray of cookies . Left me feeling kind of crappy for an hour or so , ..too !?!

I happen to find a little paperback in a thrift store talking about sugar addiction. Since I'm kind of gullible about health stuff, I just believed the whole thing !

What happened surprised me though. I began to get faster on my runs, and cycling. Wanted to eat more too, ,,,like bigger volumes, .. not that I was looking to do that necessarily, ..it just worked out that way.

After a couple years , it felt like I had mercury in my veins, ...so overall , a wonderful experience .

I seriously wouldn't worry about the sugar thing, if I we're y'all. Staying clean and sober trumps any work out, or diet related thing by miles, imo.
I can pm anyone back , if you're interested in any link I may have about the sugar thing, ...but I really don't care about the physiological aspects of it at all. It really kind of bores me to death.

it's a little like reading about the physiological details of sex, and orgasm
Like, ..... how dumb , right ?

What's next, !?! ....how the brain works when I bite into a ripe cantaloupe !?!

....I'll just take the cantaloupe.

and take my chances

Y'all have a great wed,. ,,semper strong fools
Old 05-28-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Yea don't sweat it honestly, I'm happier sober and loaded with sugar honestly, I don't mind gaining a few or more then a few pounds in the process...drinking was far more destructive in my eyes...I have been eating chocolate like it's going out of style, I'm not so bad with the cakes and stuff it's not really my style, but I literally woke up wanting a chocolate brownie with vanella icecream this morning haha...it's the lesser of two evils in my eyes...my weakness is the really sweet/sour kind of candies like sour belts and sour worms etc, I can't stop! For me I'm not gaining a lot of weight, but can feel my teeth rotting away hahaha, like I said, lesser of two evils in my eyes...
Old 05-28-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I hve been chugging redbull at work too, the new blueberry one, intensely sweet and rewarding
Old 05-28-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Punk-o-Rama!!!!! I loved those!!!! And the Vagrant "Another Year On The Streets..." Comps!!! YESSSS, guys!!!!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Congrats greenturtle! Way to go!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrsbee View Post
Punk-o-Rama!!!!! I loved those!!!! And the Vagrant "Another Year On The Streets..." Comps!!! YESSSS, guys!!!!
http://youtu.be/OYT5tFf5Slo
Old 05-28-2014, 11:31 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrsbee View Post
this too! This is a cover but def my fav TSOL song http://youtu.be/rG57c49JQgg
Old 05-28-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Oh wait alkaline trio totally was the people who wrote "wash away"
Old 05-28-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Two things.

1. I don't know ANY of the bands you guys talk about lol!
2. Now I want a redbull, and some cake.

The end.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

ST just remembered another group of comps when u mentioned cover songs...did u ever have or listen to the "Before You Were Punk" albums? Pretty sure Vagrant put those out too but it was all punk bands doing 80s covers...those were so good!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Kat...I could always go for some cake!!!! Or anything chocolate, really....

I've been settling for cocoa puffs. Not healthy, but not as bad in my mind as full-fat ice cream, donuts, or brownies lol
Old 05-28-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Just finished my hike with a little time before the kids get home. You guys are awesome!
I think I'm pulling out of this sluggish blah stage and getting myself to exercise is very much helping. I haven't got to the high energy, clean up the house stage yet, but hopeful! Kat, you sound like me. I had a ton of rules that I followed so "drinking wasn't a problem" only wine, only a bottle, mostly 1/2 a bottle, but there were days that 2 bottles would be gone...I think at least once a week. It was almost every night, but never super drunk. All these rules made it easy to ignore the fact that it WAS a problem because I really wanted to stop, but couldn't. Or I would for a week, or even a few years ago a went 3 months and felt so good I celebrated (plus I was on vacation with my inlaws) with wine! I noticed I went right back to the exact place I had left off. It was just like you read about those alcoholics (I wasn't one!) Then I would treat myself to a small glass of wine in the morning if it was a day off. Ok now it was getting harder to deny a problem, but also harder to stop. This group of fools is the only reason I haven't had a drink since 4/13/14 and believe me, it's been massively hard at times. Way more work I ever thought. I still find myself craving (not nearly as much). But random triggers when my guard is down! Tricky addiction!! Very sleuthing. Thank you all!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

We do sound a bit alike, 3777.
And my house could use a thorough cleaning and pick up. Especially being in between spring and summer weather. But I used to do my best house cleaning and laundry folding about 1/2 a bottle in.

I just did my Upper Fix workout for today (day 2 of my 21 day workout plan). Jelly arms!!!