Notices

Class of May 2014 Part 3

Old 05-27-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rochele View Post
Beginning day 10.
Me too, rochele!

I went to an AA meeting last night which helped me a LOT because my cravings were becoming unbearable. It's funny how just being around others like myself and hearing them speak completely takes away the craving. For a little while, anyway. I definitely need more than 2 meetings a week though so I'm going to another tonight. I'm so glad I have my sponsor. I know AA is not for everyone, but I think its going to work for me.

I hope you all have a wonderful sober day!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

This was the first three day weekend sober since 1992. Geez. That was a long time! Anyhow, it went well. I went to a birthday party at a bowling alley and to a BBQ at a neighbors house. Both, of course, had ample amounts of booze. I actually enjoyed ordering my waters and lemonades. If made me feel strong.

For those of you looking to attend your first AA meeting, they are actually very informative and inviting. I would suggest that you listen. Learn from the experiences of others who have been sober for several years. They all want to help you and they know exactly where you are at now.

Happy Tuesday!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:37 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

so good Anewpage! and Django good that u are going tonight. im going to my second aa meeting tonight. it's really helping didnt drink last night and all of a
sudden today i have imp things to manage so if i was hungover today that would have been scary. i feel v blurry but its a start such a blanket of comfort this aa program has
Old 05-27-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

17 days and no real close calls so far... feeling great. Having some strange thoughts and dreams running through my brain lately.. I'll just assume it is my brain healing.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:33 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post here.I went to my first AA meeting and have just got back,from my experience with this is that anyone who has been to scared to do it like me,do it.Yes it's daunting not knowing anyone and what it will be like,but this group was so welcoming and I actually enjoyed it!

The good thing is I can actually see myself get addicted to this haha.And I've even got myself a 12 step book :-) honestly I know it's tough but you will feel 100 xs better after IMO from tonight.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:05 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi. A bit of a latecomer to the class of May 2014. But please accept this late application. 1st day today.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hello hello! Just checking in! Hi everyone!
Old 05-27-2014, 01:33 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

A warm welcome to loco man. :-)
Old 05-27-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Another day is drawing to a close. Busy busy. Back to work for me tomorrow. Long hours, stress, burnout. I am hoping to find a way out of there as soon as possible.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

cool dijango!
im on day 2 today because of AA
i have a few people calling me a day asking how i am.
its so supportive
and meet so many like minded people
life CAN get better!
Old 05-27-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

There were a few things that people said that really got me thinking and said some brilliant advice.The one that will stick with me is a lady said "Surrender to win".
Old 05-27-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Diez de Mayan

Hi everyone,
Day 18 here. I've only been to two meetings in those 18 days. I'm going to try and do one every other day. The meetings around this small town are very clique-y and if you are not in one of the cliques, you pretty much are on your own.
Going to try some meetings in neighboring towns, the two I went to were really good, a couple of towns away. It was at my old alma mater, a detox. Kept it really green. I got three women's phone number's (I'm a female) but haven't called, lol. It is really nice to be sitting there not in a hospital robe with a face full of sores, picking the face from anxiety.
I got a lot out of my IOP session. I really miss going to the groups and the people there. I hope to meet some more people as I go to more meetings. I met my old roommate from detox at the meeting I started going to!
Keep up the good work! So nice to see a lot of people going to AA, or if not, still saying sober!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Locoman

D
Old 05-27-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Welcome Locoman.

Glad you both got a lot out of the meetings yestofreedom,anewchange and Django.

Happy to report that everything went ok in the hospital, I wont go into details but it was a very painful procedure but they've said that given time and healthy living I will recover. Was there over 3hours and nearly fainted at one point but Ive dealt with it instead of burying my head in the sand by drinking.

Felt immense gratitude when walking out of the hospital, saw a lot of really ill people there and felt for them having to stay there, made me appreciate the freedom I have.
Even managed to get to a meeting after and the saying on the wall that leeped out at me was 'courage to change.' I liked that.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Welcome Locoman! Congrats to everyone who is plugging along, and those that are getting something positive out of AA meetings.

I'm on day 24 now - very happy to have made it through the long weekend with my new friend Diet Coke (I know it's not particularly healthy, but it kind of hits the spot for me).
Old 05-27-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad the Hospital stuff is over 1step

D
Old 05-27-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 13 is done. Annoying AV tried to get me to stop at liquor store on the way home after work again...it's so easy to start those thoughts.

But one day at a time...I want to get to my 2 weeks tomorrow.

Have a safe and sober night everyone.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Day 17 in the book. welcome to loco and way to go all who hit meetings the last couple of days. I'm doing ok... still a little up and down emotionally, but I guess that is part of feeling again. Av was hitting me hard right before my meeting tonight and blurred my learning, but it didnt win...still here, still sober. Thank God cause it is not me... hope everyone rests well tonight.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Many thanks for the acceptance. It's 3-45 am just awoke. I actually slept better than I thought I would. So that's now 1 day and 1 hour done. I don't wish to sound stupid but what's AV? Is it some sort of craving?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

A bit after midnight here just turning in but before I do ..... Day 13. Woot woot