Notices

One Year and Over Club Part 17

Old 05-26-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks for your good wishes guys. I had a lovely long weekend but now it's back to reality....it's pouring down with rain and I've got a day doing paperwork ahead of me...but I'm working from home and that makes all the difference.

How are things today erfra?

Venus...how are you doing my friend? Are you managing ok? Have you got anyone who could pop round and see how you are? Loads of love headed your way. xxx

I'm not going to procrastinate today or spend hours on the Internet when I should be working.....

Have a good day folks x
Old 05-27-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

Had a pretty scary weekend. Ended up in labor and delivery Saturday night due some stuff that popped up + miscommunication to the dr.

For the last week or so, whenever I get any kind of cut or wound (even with acupuncture), I bleed profusely. I mean anywhere from several minutes to several hours. It bruises badly after. The doctor did some blood tests Friday when I went and said "let's not worry yet."

Saturday, I was doing some gardening and I guess I scraped my hand - it was so light, I didn't even know it/feel it. The next thing I know I see gigantic blood droplets on the ground below and looked at my finger and it's half covered in blood. Kind of freaked me out.

So I posted up on my other recovery site and just asked for "good thoughts, etc." and a maternity nurse from that group contacted me (of all things). She asked me if I had been feeling nauseated at all. Me: Actually, yes. Off and on the entire week. Her: Anything else? Me: I had a migraine come on today (not unusual for the last week again) but it hit me so suddenly, my vision was blurry instantly and it was all I could do to crawl into the fetal position and just cry (very unusual for it to be that severe instantly). My face was also severely splotchy/flushed like my blood pressure was way spiked. Her: Do you have tenderness in your upper right abdomen? Me: I've had that for a few weeks now sometimes more severe than others, but I figured that was my muscles expanding.

Her: Go to the ER. Immediately. Do not wait. Get dressed (if you are not) and go.

Me: But...that seems so severe and overreacting? I will call my doula and see what she says.

So I called my doula she says I'm very concerned. Please call your after hours number for your dr right now. Hang up the phone and call.

So I call. I'm telling the after-hours number and explaining all of this and she hears the word "bleeding" and says "I'm getting your doctor." My dr gets on the line and says "If you have bleeding, go to labor and delivery. I've already called them they are expecting you." Me: "But I don't..." Her (cutting me off): "I said go. Now."

ARG.

So I get dressed (slowly). Panic is kind of setting in at this point. I'm having a hard time breathing. Trying to get ahold of my husband (who's at work). I got in the car and started to drive and finally got ahold of him and he leaves to meet me at the hospital. Doula is calling. My mom is calling (who was drunk as cooter brown and ready to pass out from her muscle relaxers/unisom combo). My step-dad is calling. I'm just sitting there trying not to pass out in the car myself from the combination of everything + whatever was going on physically.

Got to the hospital and found out...the dr DID think I was having active bleeding "elsewhere". So that brought their level of panic down when they found out that no, I was not. They then had her pull the blood work from the day prior to see if any of it was back; only one test (out of the 6 or 8) she had done was back but it was the one they were most concerned about: it was normal. So after assessing Brysen and me the rest of the way, they decided to just treat the migraine (since I was there) and let me go. So one norco later....

My migraine is back pretty severe today. I still have all the bruising (which is so odd for me) and random bruises all over my body like back when I was drinking. I still don't know why I'm bleeding from cuts and such so profusely (we'll see if it happens again at acupuncture today). But he was ok (they had the fetal monitors strapped to me and he hated them so much, he kicked them off a couple of times - strapped on and all).

Just a few more weeks....4.5 to be precise.

Spent the rest of the weekend having all these plans of things I wanted to get done/ready and just did nothing recovering....

I'm definitely not in the mood to smile at work today and say "Oh ya, i'm ok" because really, I'm not right now. If it wasn't for the holiday weekend, I'd have stayed at home in bed because of my head. But really....who calls in the day after the holiday? Oh right - I used to do that stuff because I was so hungover.

Hope everyone else had a much better holiday weekend.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
instant

Sorry it went that way LB hopefully you are in for smooth sailing soon
Old 05-27-2014, 05:52 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Oh LB, you poor love. And you are so so brave!!! You got in the car and took yourself to hospital that ill and afraid? You are a very strong woman. And then after all of this you went to work? I wonder if your boss wouldn't tell you to go home and rest if she knew what you had been through?

I hope the migraine has lessened. And I hope they are able to work out what the bleeding is about. And I'm so glad to hear that your baby is strong and healthy.

Please take it easy today. And we are all by your side hun. Huge love! ♥

V xx
Old 05-27-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good Morning- Just sharing a quick story

God, the higher power or whatever you worship is working this morning.

I have been worried about a close friend who I knew was a functioning alcoholic. I really struggle with whether its my place or not to talk or bring up alcohol issues with others who use. I had brought it up once but was greeted with the denial train.

Yesterday, I passed on attending a BBQ and pool party where I knew alcohol would be widely used. Last night I was the recipient of several obvious drunk texts from my friend and a phone call where she was basically incoherent. I just arranged for her to be safely driven to her home.

This morning, I guess the hangover is so bad, she called and is ready for help. I am picking her up in a couple of hours and checking her in to a medical detox.

I know that the higher power intervened and put me in this place and time to help.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

LB wao you really are a strong woman some praying for you.
venus and jenni thanks for your kinds words, I'm trying to be a better person than what I was went I was drunk, I'm trying to get out of my self centered, self pity during the day time is hard but I do it but night time is harder some times I think of the past and all what I lose specially my wife it's being one year and half that she left me, I'm getting out of my comfort zone, talking I even went to visit somebody yesterday that only have 1 week sober and clean and that for me really is new.
ok I wish a good sober day to all.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

glad you were available ktw!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:58 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

On June 8th I'll have four and a half years sober.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow that must have been scary LB...hope the rest of the time goes smoothly tho...

D
Old 05-27-2014, 06:25 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Efra,
I think that is the most important thing any of us can do. Just get out and do something that gets us out of focusing on OUR problems of yesterday. If it's helping another so much the better. Good for you!

Same for you ktw!

LB,
That was a tough weekend for you. It's good you have such good support. I had to look up Doula as I'd never heard the term before. You take care. I hope you have an easy month ahead and all is routine delivery-wise.

RZ,
I hope your weekend went well too. Yesterday was flags, taps, and remembering my fallen friends and subordinates, as well as honoring all who went before.

FBL,
I did and got up after four more hours so I'd be ready last night. I sure was ready! Got my normal good night's sleep.

Venus,
How is your recovery going? Hope you're feeling better.

Instant and all the rest here hi!
Old 05-27-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats Least!
Hi Dee!
Funny how easy now, what seemed impossible then, huh? Now we are some of the long timers here. I'll have my four years in September.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Itch

Time moves on....

D
Old 05-27-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Lb thoughts are winging your way.

Erfra keep positive, I totally believe in the power of positive thinking.

KTW I'm glad you were able to be there for your friend

VC hugs pusskins, how are you feeling today x

Everyone else, long day travelling back to Atlanta after a whirlwind of a visit to NOLA, so I am supine and about to be Zzzzzzzzzzzz xx
Old 05-27-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You get a good night's rest too Toots!
Old 05-28-2014, 12:03 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Erfra...I know it's hard sometimes not to get lost in the past, but it really does block what we have today...and if we can't build on the life that we have today, then tomorrow won't be as good as it could be. Ha ha..that made perfect sense to me, but having re-read it, I realise it is complete nonsense!

LB..gosh what a worrying experience for you...and what were you doing driving yourself to hospital like that?! Good grief! I really hope you can rest up now in the last few weeks. Uneventful would be really good for you right now

Ktw...how brill you were able to be there for your friend like that. I hope they will be ok.

V...how are you doing? Bit worried about you at the mo xx

Well...I spent the day yesterday doing paperwork and got a lot done. Still more to do but not today because a couple of my friends are picking me up at lunchtime and taking me out. I have no idea where and I'm rather enjoying this birthday lark and the fact that it seems to be lasting forever...

Now you notice that now I'm 2 I'm very grown-up and no mention was made at all of the fact that I'm having to do A LOT of work at home this week to make up for the time I've had to cover my lazy colleagues posterior while he has swanned off early every afternoon...impressed?

Have a good day everyone. x
Old 05-28-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

****{lb}}}
Old 05-28-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

hi to all

jeni your non sense make sense to me

venuscat how r u today

lotusblossom hoping you are feeling better.

yesterday I went to a high nooner AA meeting new to me and after that I went to look for work with a old co-worker two places are slowing down but one took my name and another it's starting let's see is they call me, and early evening I went to a meeting for divorce care just for a visit last time I was there was a year ago, it was good I got positive feed back plus I can see myself were I was a year and half ago to were I'm today and today I will stay home and clean I can postpone it any longer (I'm being lazy)
well see you later alligators.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
In my Own Little World

ktw - yes! That is awesome! The power of putting ourselves out there in recovery. We never know that person we touch if it's exactly what they needed right at that point or if it plants something to spring up later in their lives.
I hope your friend can find recovery and peace from their addiction.

Thank you all for the kind words and stuff. It really means a lot. I started getting contractions fairly regularly yesterday so we are definitely approaching the downward slope, now. Nothing severe - just one every hour or so. I have continued on the path of "taking it easy" today at work and am nearly caught up on my paperwork that I was so terribly behind on. That is a great feeling. Migraine is still pretty yucky. Acupuncture helped some yesterday and I didn't bleed profusely (I still did some, though which again is pretty unusual) so that's a bonus. I think the uptick in migraines is just my hormones going absolutely bonkers the last four weeks. I hope.

I also called and got my pre-certification/filing for FMLA done, made an appointment for a pediatrician on Friday to meet with, scheduled the delivery on the replacement of our bed AND got my short term disability claim filed for when I actually deliver.
My work is AWESOME enough that for a normal "natural" (i.e. non-surgical) delivery, they pay 100% pay for 6 weeks. If it turns into a c-section, it's 100% pay for 8 weeks.
I am also taking the week off before I'm due (I think I may have said that earlier) so all of that is turned in/signed off on/finito!

Hubby put together the glider for Brysen yesterday and is finishing all of the rest of the laundry today. I got the sweetest text ever that completely made me cry (from him).

"Brysen's cloths are in the washer each tag that I took off makes me feel so much closer that this is real. We are gonna be parents <3 I love you."

I know there will be times when I want to cry from sadness or smack him because he tells me to "waddle faster" (yes, I heard that this weekend....) but times like this are how I know how incredibly blessed we both are - and soon to be Brysen.

I saw a saying the other day. "The best security blanket a child can have is having two parents that respect each other."

I can't say how incredibly thankful I am that the ACoA stuff that both of us went through in our lives stops with us. Words don't adequately describe it.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday and thank you again for all the thoughts/prayers. <3
Old 05-28-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

LB, do you have a name for the baby yet?
Old 05-29-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

LB...that was such a lovely text from your partner..and how blessed it is that you are at that place where you can put Brysen's needs first...free of alcohol...and free of your alcoholic past. He is going to be one lucky boy. Best wishes to you all...and will you please rest up a bit? If you are having contractions every hour, you may not make it to full-term and won't get that week off that you're planning. Babies don't always follow the plan x

I had such a lovely day yesterday. 2 of my lovely friends picked me up and took me out as a surprise, punting on the river that runs through Cambridge, and then we had a cream tea. This birthday is lasting forever...I honestly don't know what I've done to deserve this, but I'm determined to enjoy every minute of it...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (93.0 KB, 39 views)