Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good - II

Old 05-26-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hey Stoogy, how are you doing!

No, not the lack of caffeine is making me feel low... it's just life I guess.

I'm feeling better today hope you are ok too. Have a nice day my friend.

Day 110
Old 05-26-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi guys - I'm alive ! I was out at the lake for a few days at my sisters. No internet there. Still moving forward here - one day at a time ! It was really nice to get away and see new places. Back to work today, but that's OK - one day closer to my goal of selling and moving. Great to see everyone is doing well - really good job everyone !
Old 05-26-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Great to hear good news from you, HC
Old 05-26-2014, 05:46 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Hey Stoogy, how are you doing!

No, not the lack of caffeine is making me feel low... it's just life I guess.

I'm feeling better today hope you are ok too. Have a nice day my friend.

Day 110

Good to see you are feeling a bit better today my friend, low days are just life I suppose I get them too. I didn't ever really feel that way when I was drinking (that I can remember) but I probably was just numb to most things back then.

Good to see Grubby has joined us👍

Catch ya later.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

happy memorial day guys.

truding through the monotony of sobriety here lately. every day is kinda meh it.

one thing i can see is how many things i need to accomplish and how im actually planning them in my head for the next few years. i'm slowly getting started on planning.

never been a planning kind of guy. must be a side effect of reality.

hope u are all doing well. we are all still sober. thats always a good thing. coming up on 4 months soon.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
happy memorial day guys.

truding through the monotony of sobriety here lately. every day is kinda meh it.

one thing i can see is how many things i need to accomplish and how im actually planning them in my head for the next few years. i'm slowly getting started on planning.

never been a planning kind of guy. must be a side effect of reality.

hope u are all doing well. we are all still sober. thats always a good thing. coming up on 4 months soon.
Hey Krete, our thread family is expanding with Grubby joining the ranks.

Yeah I never planned anything ever, well apart from my next drinking session that is! And we are ALL still sober which is mega cool indeed.
What's the plan for 4 months anniversary then?

Have a good one Krete.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

no plan for 4 month anniversary. not until i hit a year do i feel like i've truly accomplish something. 6 months is still to short in sobriety in my opinion because i've done 6 months before only to relapse. so yea, nothing planned. i've done this a thousand times before but never had a support system in place. this is why i truly feel i might have a shot at the long term sobriety.

i had a craving s night just to have one beer..since it was right in front of me. all i gotta do is ask and its that simple but i know better. regardless i had a dream last night that i drank that one beer, and woke up feeling guilty as usual. but when i realized it was a dream, i relaxed a little bit.

moral of the story is i know how i'll feel after i drink so thats a huge motivating factor for me to not drink.

if i didnt feel guilty after a night of drinking, i would just drink. i never really got outta control drunk, and i always maintained my responsibilities but its the major guilt trip that i lay on my self the next day that always gets me. and i was sick of feeling that way.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
Hi guys - I'm alive ! I was out at the lake for a few days at my sisters. No internet there. Still moving forward here - one day at a time ! It was really nice to get away and see new places. Back to work today, but that's OK - one day closer to my goal of selling and moving. Great to see everyone is doing well - really good job everyone !

Excellent to see you again HC.
Glad all is good with you.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:27 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Something I've found helps a lot is trying to "go back" mentally to the time before all this crap started. Lately I've been repeating to myself over and over and over again "it's 2009 all over again, it's 2009 all over again, it's 2009 all over again".......... seems to calm me down a little, I just pretend that I am suddenly back there.

Similar to how on a computer you do a simple "system restore" to go back to a certain date before the virus took over and wreaked havoc on your PC, I think trying to do the same with our minds is a good idea.
Old 05-27-2014, 01:10 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

hey grubby whats your age buddy?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:10 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Day 111

Today I drank a cup of coffee in this cold morning. Not bad
Old 05-27-2014, 09:15 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Day 111

Today I drank a cup of coffee in this cold morning. Not bad
Hey Brazilian, a coffee on a cold day is kinda like a cold beer on a warm day- really tempting.

Hope you are doing good today buddy?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by krete77
hey grubby whats your age buddy?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy
Hey Brazilian, a coffee on a cold day is kinda like a cold beer on a warm day- really tempting.

Not sure what all the hate surrounding coffee is all about, but that's neither here nor there.........

Personally, I have a large black coffee every single morning around 7 or 8 am......... doesnt seem to effect my sleep much when i go turn in between 9:30 pm to 11 pm. Sometimes i have a small green tea cup around 10 am for an extra boost, but that's it.

I've observed that as long as the coffee stays within the "morning" time-frame or window, it doesn't affect sleep much.......... if at all.

Coffee (black, no extra crap like sugar or flavoring added) is a productivity-booster and gives me that initial "momentum" to get my day rolling and off to a good start, i see myself being a life-time user
Old 05-27-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by grubby View Post
Not sure what all the hate surrounding coffee is all about, but that's neither here nor there.........

Personally, I have a large black coffee every single morning around 7 or 8 am......... doesnt seem to effect my sleep much when i go turn in between 9:30 pm to 11 pm. Sometimes i have a small green tea cup around 10 am for an extra boost, but that's it.

I've observed that as long as the coffee stays within the "morning" time-frame or window, it doesn't affect sleep much.......... if at all.

Coffee (black, no extra crap like sugar or flavoring added) is a productivity-booster and gives me that initial "momentum" to get my day rolling and off to a good start, i see myself being a life-time user

Apologies Grubby for the confusion, just something we are trying out to see if it improves any other aspects of our life's, we keep trying👍
Old 05-27-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grubby View Post

youre right coffees no big deal.

however if youre like me, you dont do anything in moderation. rather, you woof down a large coffee in the morning, drink 2 monsters later in the day and finish off the day with a diet mt dew.

600mg of caffeine throughout the day..for years and years and years.

that's where my hate lies.

right smack in the middle of addiction.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy View Post
Yes I'm fine today, how about you Stoogy?
Old 05-27-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

About coffee, I'm like Krete, I tend to abuse it.

But coffee in moderation is nice.

Today I drank one cup, felt like drinking one more, but didn't.

I don't like the idea of NEEDING to have coffee in order to be productive.

So I fight this.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

About coffee, I'm like Krete, I tend to abuse it.

But coffee in moderation is nice.

Today I drank one cup, felt like drinking one more, but didn't.

I don't like the idea of NEEDING to have coffee in order to be productive.

So I fight this.
I bet that cup of coffee tasted good though? Glad to see you are fairing better today my friend, nothing worst than feeling down believe me I know I've felt depressed all day again today but it's down to the fact I finish up at my job on Thursday and the thought of starting again with another company after all I've built is playing on my mind too much, but no point drinking over it it would only make matters worse for me.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:16 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sorry for your job, Stoogy. It really is tough. Hope you find soon another job on a good company. Surely drinking will not help you on this.

Hang in there bud. Hope you feel better soon. Depression is a terrible thing, don't let it take control. Try to see the bright side of things, although the situation is hard.

We have to learn to be thankfull to the thing we have/ had, the things we learn, instead of focusing on the pain we feel. Easier said than done, I know. Life on Earth is a tough school. But we are doing fine, I guess.