Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good - II

Old 05-23-2014, 11:39 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
applied to about 20 jobs today/yesterday.

got my first call back today already. about a computer job. this might work out. here's hoping.

Excellent news Krete, hope you get it buddy.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

congrats stoogy. we are right behind you.

i'm thinking of finding a support group locally here. not really sure where to start though.

i feel like i'm gaining more clarity each day though. moving forward rather than back. i ieven bought 2 books that i've been reading.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stoogy View Post
Thanx pal, it has not been easy at times as you will know but for some reason I had very very little cravings up until around 1 week ago, but I've heard people talk about cycles etc 3 months-6 months etc? Do you think that can be true? Or is it just me.

Hey Stoogy.

It's not just you.

See, not a long time ago I stayed sober for 9 months. It was pretty easy for all 9 months, and suddenly I began to crave badly, and went back to beer and smoke.

I don't know is it's about the cycles, or PAWS, or emotional/ spiritual issues. Probably all mixed up.

It's weird stuff, pal.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Great news, Krete. hope you get this job
Old 05-23-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Bad mood today, feeling low very low.

Saw a documentary that pretty much proves that all the internet comunication is been monitored nowadays. That's serious, but not news for me. It's a depressing world for sure, nothing surprises me anymore.

I even thought about leaving SR because of that, but I'm so lonely nowadays that I think I can't lose this support from you guys.

Well, Friday night, no joy for me, just a lot of effort like everyday.

Feeling bad, hungry and grumpy (dieting), and that's it.

Hope tomorrow will be better. Need to pray and meditate, exercise, do everything I can to get out of this low vibe. Not easy.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Day 107.

One week without coffee.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

congrats brazillian. sorry u were feeling bad the other day.

i just found out about a local book club here in town and emailed them about it. looks like i'm actually going to follow through with this. kinda excited cuz it's all woman *wink*wink*.. lol. but regardless, i want to get a new circle of friends and figured a book club would be a good place to start.

here's some food for thought; i read somewhere that diet is a major contributor to a successful recovery. i used to body build and i used to live by a strict diet for almost 3 years..i was a nut case, tracking every single calorie i ingested.

anyways, i remember reading somewhere that the blood sugar levels in our brain can affect our mental state. and if we don't eat breakfast, then it drops....then later through the day, we eat anything sugary, it will spike the levels, and will have us spinning out of control, only to crash down again.

i know that's not a technical explanation, but what i'm suggesting is, if you haven't already, maybe start fixing up your diet. i'm not one to preach here, my diet is crap. i'm trying to get back on track with my diet. funny thing is, i know exactly what i need to eat, but i opt for the convenience of junk.

but yea, i bet if we drank a minimum of 8 glasses of water, had breakfast right upon awakening, had some fruit/nuts/healthy snacks in between lunch and dinner...and practiced some meditation at the end of the day.. we'd start feeling a lot better a lot sooner.

the question is, do we have what it takes to break the old habits.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Bad mood today, feeling low very low.

Saw a documentary that pretty much proves that all the internet comunication is been monitored nowadays. That's serious, but not news for me. It's a depressing world for sure, nothing surprises me anymore.

I even thought about leaving SR because of that, but I'm so lonely nowadays that I think I can't lose this support from you guys.

Well, Friday night, no joy for me, just a lot of effort like everyday.

Feeling bad, hungry and grumpy (dieting), and that's it.

Hope tomorrow will be better. Need to pray and meditate, exercise, do everything I can to get out of this low vibe. Not easy.

Hey Brazilian, I did try to post a reply earlier today and no idea what happened it's not seemed to log! Anyway, sorry to hear you are having a tough one today, been there got the t-shirt! Moods can effect cravings so much for some reason they? One of the biggest things I find for my moods is hunger mixed with eating the wrong things at the wrong times too. Truly hope your Saturday gets better than your Friday my friend. Catch up later.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:31 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Day 107.

One week without coffee.
Well done buddy, how are you finding your sleeping pattern since you quit? I quit on the same day but have continued with the decaf stuff which fills the craving anyway, maybe not as nice but looks the same in the cup so it kinda tricks my simple mind.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, having some rough days here, but ok. I'm getting used to.

Stoogy, my sleep pattern improved 100%. No insomnia, no rolling around the bed for hours anymore. It's a relief.

But right now I miss my coffee. It's cold and rainy weather, wife got out. Lonely and bored as almost always (and coffee wouldn't change that feeling). But at least I'm not in agony, I'm sober and taking care of my health.

In some years I will be able to be the real me, that's what keeps me focused and commited. Life is about struggle and improvement, not fun, I try to accept that.

Have a nice day Stoogy and Krete. (Where's HC? Hope you are fine, buddy)
Old 05-24-2014, 08:21 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Thanks guys, having some rough days here, but ok. I'm getting used to.

Stoogy, my sleep pattern improved 100%. No insomnia, no rolling around the bed for hours anymore. It's a relief.

But right now I miss my coffee. It's cold and rainy weather, wife got out. Lonely and bored as almost always (and coffee wouldn't change that feeling). But at least I'm not in agony, I'm sober and taking care of my health.

In some years I will be able to be the real me, that's what keeps me focused and commited. Life is about struggle and improvement, not fun, I try to accept that.

Have a nice day Stoogy and Krete. (Where's HC? Hope you are fine, buddy)

You are so right, it is a journey we are on and the strange thing is when I got sober I thought that was it- job done! But I had no idea getting sober was only the beginning and it's amazing how much it opens our eyes to other aspects of our life.
Good point, where is HC?
Take care guys.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

Been a busy few for me...glad to see you guys doing well
Congrats again Stoogy

D
Old 05-24-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hey Stoogy, SIX MONTHS IS TODAY????

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Old 05-25-2014, 01:57 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Been a busy few for me...glad to see you guys doing well
Congrats again Stoogy

D

Thanx Dee.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:03 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Hey Stoogy, SIX MONTHS IS TODAY????

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cheers pal, I'm just so glad I made it through to this point, I will keep going of course but when I first started I thought 6 months would be a good break for my body to repair any damage, but now after so long I don't want to go back to that life again, cravings of course happens but that's all they are.
Thanks again for your great thread here, it's been such an amazing support to me.

Today I'm going to my nephews football tournament (soccer ⚽️⚽️⚽️) where everyone will be drinking, but I need these moments now I think to be stronger rather than not go at all and avoid it.
Anyway enough about me! How are you doing buddy? Any word on HC?

Cheers for now, catch ya later.
Old 05-25-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

6 months is a big deal. I hope I can get there.

I'm ok today, I've been very discouraged lately, but overall it's fine.

Nope, no sign of HC. Have a good day, Stoogy

Day 109
Old 05-25-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

6 months is a big deal. I hope I can get there.

I'm ok today, I've been very discouraged lately, but overall it's fine.

Nope, no sign of HC. Have a good day, Stoogy

Day 109

I'm sorry to see you are having a rough patch mate, do you think the caffeine is responsible for it? I've been not too bad with quitting the coffee so far just the occasional dull headache for my troubles.
Have a good one pal.
Old 05-25-2014, 06:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I am coming up on 100 days myself, i am going to second what others have experienced with regards to the sudden out-of-nowhere cravings. This morning for like 2 hours straight my mind was just in full-on craving mode. In particular I was surprised and shocked by the INTENSITY of the thoughts. It went away, then around 4 pm the thirsty craving thoughts came back again briefly and went away a little bit afterwards.

I was actually a little scared and shaken by these incidents involving these un-wanted and un-commanded thoughts................ we think we are in control of our minds and then out of the blue and suddenly we "catch" our brain mysteriously wandering off into scary territory and it feels like there is "someone else" in there (hostile), not a pleasant feeling - i felt a little anxious and paranoid afterwards as well.

My very brief report card thus far in my life:

Alcohol
- Inactive (as of 02/17/2014)
Weed
- Virgin
Painkillers/Pills
- Virgin
"Hard" Drugs
- Virgin
"Other" Drugs
- Virgin
Caffeine
- Active
Sugar
- Active

anyways, im glad to join this rolling thread
Old 05-26-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by grubby View Post
I am coming up on 100 days myself, i am going to second what others have experienced with regards to the sudden out-of-nowhere cravings. This morning for like 2 hours straight my mind was just in full-on craving mode. In particular I was surprised and shocked by the INTENSITY of the thoughts. It went away, then around 4 pm the thirsty craving thoughts came back again briefly and went away a little bit afterwards.

I was actually a little scared and shaken by these incidents involving these un-wanted and un-commanded thoughts................ we think we are in control of our minds and then out of the blue and suddenly we "catch" our brain mysteriously wandering off into scary territory and it feels like there is "someone else" in there (hostile), not a pleasant feeling - i felt a little anxious and paranoid afterwards as well.

My very brief report card thus far in my life:

Alcohol
- Inactive (as of 02/17/2014)
Weed
- Virgin
Painkillers/Pills
- Virgin
"Hard" Drugs
- Virgin
"Other" Drugs
- Virgin
Caffeine
- Active
Sugar
- Active

anyways, im glad to join this rolling thread
Hi Grubby,

Welcome to Brazilians thread, so glad you have joined us.
It's always even better when the timelines are similar too as it helps us to give each other support when we are going through similar things at similar times.

Welcome Grubby.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Welcome Grubby!! Congratulations for 100 days