☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Day 106

Have a good day everyone

Awesome.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

How are you doing, Stoogy?

Only today I read the article about PAWS that you posted a time ago.

In some stupid way I thought it didn't apply to me

This reading about PAWS made me realize how much I still have to walk through on recovery. Two years is the minimum to actually heal the brain. It made me realize that a relapse is not harmless, not at all.

I'm not in that fragile moment I was recently. Again I'm convinced that "never again" is a good option. But even if I fail on staying clean forever, I'll make a maximum effort to keep sober during at least two years. Three would be better. Five, better yet.

Well, one day at a time maybe I manage to make it. I believe in miracles
Old 05-22-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

How are you doing, Stoogy?

Only today I read the article about PAWS that you posted a time ago.

In some stupid way I thought it didn't apply to me

This reading about PAWS made me realize how much I still have to walk through on recovery. Two years is the minimum to actually heal the brain. It made me realize that a relapse is not harmless, not at all.

I'm not in that fragile moment I was recently. Again I'm convinced that "never again" is a good option. But even if I fail on staying clean forever, I'll make a maximum effort to keep sober during at least two years. Three would be better. Five, better yet.

Well, one day at a time maybe I manage to make it. I believe in miracles

Hey Brazilian, I think the never again philosophy is the best path possible but no one here can ever truly guarantee that and you are right, just today.
The paws thing is something I have symptoms of right now, feeling generally low, foggy head and a bit of fatigue but it will pass, I think the job thing is playing on my mind big time and my wife is going to Florida next week which means I'll be at home 24/7 alone when I finish up at work next Thursday. It's just playing on my mind too much and creating anxiety about the future which is our friend paws again. Anyway that's me vented (sorry) I'll give myself a shake and get on with it, life could be worst and I don't have it too bad.
Catch up soon buddy.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

thanks for the link. reading it now.

i can already tell that by what you guys said, confirms what i've been telling myself. i really need at LEAST a year sober before i can make any statements about being safe from drugs/alcohol...ie; "ill never drink/smoke again". those statements can be falsified in a twinkle of an eye. ..i dont carry the fear as much as earlier on in sobriety, but at the same time i'm definitely not letting my guard down.

one never knows when one will be tempted and temptation strikes at the most unusual of times.

finally started job hunting today.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

that article is nuts. i believe every word in there.

one thing i need to do is be honest about everything. i lie a lot; about a lot of stuff, to cover up a lot of things.

any of u guys do the same thing? i think if i just stop lying my life would do a complete 180.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
that article is nuts. i believe every word in there.

one thing i need to do is be honest about everything. i lie a lot; about a lot of stuff, to cover up a lot of things.

any of u guys do the same thing? i think if i just stop lying my life would do a complete 180.

The article is an amazing read isn't it? Honesty is the best policy as they say buddy, I think if we just accept our own limitations then lying doesn't become such a big deal.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:13 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
thanks for the link. reading it now.

i can already tell that by what you guys said, confirms what i've been telling myself. i really need at LEAST a year sober before i can make any statements about being safe from drugs/alcohol...ie; "ill never drink/smoke again". those statements can be falsified in a twinkle of an eye. ..i dont carry the fear as much as earlier on in sobriety, but at the same time i'm definitely not letting my guard down.

one never knows when one will be tempted and temptation strikes at the most unusual of times.

finally started job hunting today.
Yeah always keep the guard up, cravings are strange at times it's like your not hungry until your hungry right? Same with alcohol but we don't need that part.
Good luck with the job Krete, if you manage to find 2 give me a shout lol.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good luck with the job hunting, Krete and Stoogy.

Stoogy, it's a hard moment you are living, but you are right, it could be so much worse. About the wife travelling, for me being alone is a big big trigger, so watch out my friend.
Stay positive, stay sober, and everything will work just fine.

Krete, about the lying, it's an "addiction" too sometimes. I've been there. But some years ago I began being honest (too honest sometimes). Truth is a form of art. Truth can hurt. Being honest without hurting people is a very nice thing to achieve.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Good luck with the job hunting, Krete and Stoogy.

Stoogy, it's a hard moment you are living, but you are right, it could be so much worse. About the wife travelling, for me being alone is a big big trigger, so watch out my friend.
Stay positive, stay sober, and everything will work just fine.

Krete, about the lying, it's an "addiction" too sometimes. I've been there. But some years ago I began being honest (too honest sometimes). Truth is a form of art. Truth can hurt. Being honest without hurting people is a very nice thing to achieve.

Cheers buddy means a lot, being alone should make no difference to me but I know exactly what you mean.
Take care pal.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:12 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey mate, I'm feeling low too right now... don't know if it's PAWS or just life as it is.

I was working on a deal, and turned out it didn't close.. so it's natural to be frustrated.

Raining right now, a grey day around here, difficult to keep up the mood.

But... at least I'm sober... we are! That's a big deal.

Take care Stoogy and all.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Hey mate, I'm feeling low too right now... don't know if it's PAWS or just life as it is.

I was working on a deal, and turned out it didn't close.. so it's natural to be frustrated.

Raining right now, a grey day around here, difficult to keep up the mood.

But... at least I'm sober... we are! That's a big deal.

Take care Stoogy and all.
Very true, sorry about your deal mate, maybe just a bad day all round but it's after 9pm in the uk so my days almost over thankfully, will feel better tomorrow too, no point adding a headache to an already depressing situation.

Have a good night guys, thanks again Brazilian we are in this together.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Good night my friend, have a nice rest
Old 05-23-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Day 107
Old 05-23-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Luv ya, Brazilian.

Hung out with the smoking crowd on Tuesday. "Couldn't" say "No."

Today is Day 5 no alcohol, Day 3 no smoke.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks, Gal

Smoking friends are huge trigger for me... so I stay away... socially isolated. It was the only way I found. Lonely but sober.

Congratulations on day 5 and 3, hang in there.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by poolsideGal View Post
Luv ya, Brazilian.

Hung out with the smoking crowd on Tuesday. "Couldn't" say "No."

Today is Day 5 no alcohol, Day 3 no smoke.
Well done on 5 days Gal, excellent work.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Thanks, Gal

Smoking friends are huge trigger for me... so I stay away... socially isolated. It was the only way I found. Lonely but sober.

Congratulations on day 5 and 3, hang in there.
Feeling a lot better today Brazilian, and too top it off its 6 months tomorrow alcohol free☀️☀️

Hope you are having a great day guys, catch up later.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

6 months is awesome, CONGRATULATIONS STOOGY

Old 05-23-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

applied to about 20 jobs today/yesterday.

got my first call back today already. about a computer job. this might work out. here's hoping.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

6 months is awesome, CONGRATULATIONS STOOGY

Thanx pal, it has not been easy at times as you will know but for some reason I had very very little cravings up until around 1 week ago, but I've heard people talk about cycles etc 3 months-6 months etc? Do you think that can be true? Or is it just me.

I hope you are having a great day today mate and thanks again for all your support, don't know if I could have done it without your help.
Cheers again.