Notices

Quitting pot (and alcohol) for good - II

Old 06-10-2014, 10:01 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by brazilian View Post
Hope Stoogy and HC are doing ok.

Have a nice day everyone.
Hey Brazilian, doing good buddy, just been real busy the last few days.
Got a job with a courier company, well more of a trial type run with a view to a permanent run once another guy finishes up, so I'm hoping that will get sorted pretty soon, so I've not had too much time to be on SR the last few days, will hope to post more in the next couple of days.

Hope all you guys are doing good.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your new job, Stoogy !!!

Old 06-10-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Congratulations stoogy! I am still looking. Hope I can get one soon. although since my phone is turned off this could be quite a challenge.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Congratulations on your new job, Stoogy !!!

Cheers my friend, really appreciate that.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by wishinghope View Post
Congratulations stoogy! I am still looking. Hope I can get one soon. although since my phone is turned off this could be quite a challenge.

Thanx very much Wishing, appreciated.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Congratulations stoogy! I am still looking. Hope I can get one soon.
Rooting for you!!
Old 06-11-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

great to hear stoogy - congratulations! Hi Brazilian, been at the lake. Back to work today. had a few rough days, but today is better. Good to hear everyone is going strong still!
Old 06-11-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Nice!!! Not bad staying at the lake!!! Nice to hear from yoy HC

Have a great day everyone
Old 06-11-2014, 09:44 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Nice!!! Not bad staying at the lake!!! Nice to hear from yoy HC

Have a great day everyone
Hope you all are doing well today, sorry I've not been able to post more recently, as you know my wife is on vactation and by the time I get home at night and deal with everything it's like 11pm, so the next few days will be madness for me to be honest, will get back to my usual posting by the weekend, have a great night everyone,
Old 06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Glad to see everyone is doing okay. It's been rough for me. I really don't know what to do anymore. My fiance is convinced I'm a lazy, spoiled brat. Which may be true. But he isn't supporting me or helping me move forward. He tears me down when I only turn in three applications. I haven't been feeling well because of a medical condition and he thinks I should easily still be able to sit in a computer chair for hours on end. Mind you I take breaks but its still hard.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Wishinghope, im hoping youre doing better. Well its to bad youre husband thinks that way..but good for u for applying to three jobs. Its tough not having a positive reinforcement system especially if its your hubby. But im just here to tell u that if your stayin sober and doing the best u bf can then, then im proud of u and keep doing positive things.

4 month mark today. I feel like if i were to relapse id be throwing away a lot of progress so thats outta the picture. Date went good, i stayed over and we went to beach this morning.

Ah my mind has been racing but im starting to see a light in my life that wasnt there before..cant lose that to a relapse either so i shall refrain from dri nkin today.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Huge congratulations to Krete, 4 months is tremendous buddy.
Really proud of you man!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Thank you so much krete. Its been hard. But I'm trying I will try to keep my head up. And I'm so happy and proud of you for staying sober. Congratulations on four months!
Old 06-11-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
great to hear stoogy - congratulations! Hi Brazilian, been at the lake. Back to work today. had a few rough days, but today is better. Good to hear everyone is going strong still!
Thanks HC, hope you are doing well buddy.
Take care.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Thank you so much krete. Its been hard. But I'm trying I will try to keep my head up. And I'm so happy and proud of you for staying sober. Congratulations on four months!

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time just now, I hope it gets better for you real soon.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Thank you stoogy. It is very much appreciated.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Stoogy, glad to hear that you are busy and taking care of things so well. Congratulations

Krete, congratulations on 4 months!!

Wishing, sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. Shame on your fiance I might say, but unfortunately it's common to not have support and understanding (ordinary people don't understand things they didn't experience). Anyway, congratulations on fighting the good fight, stay strong, keep your efforts and take good care of yourself and everything will be better.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Day 114 here.

Day started off warm and calm, then some rain-clouds rolled in and now it's gray and gloomy outside.

Earlier today took my little brother down to the driver's license place for some follow-up stuff, overheard a couple dudes in front of us talking about "just moving here" and how they were looking forward to smoking weed. When our number got called the guy next to us had apparently also "just moved here" and was trying to resolve an issue with his paper-work, to the disappointment of the guy....... the government teller said something about "i'm sorry, you'll have to take the test again". On the way back i noticed a marijuana-shop was "coming soon!" just a mere 1 block away from where i live......... literally right across the street.

Man, drugs are so "in your face" in this state (CO)......... i really dont need this. That 2012 bill passes and it seems all the pot-heads and stoners just SURGED in across the borders, my next-door neighbor smokes pot............ i can smell it whenever i walk by his living room window. I suspect he mooches off his working girlfriend and does not work, i almost never see him leave the apartment - but i digress.

I mean, it's hard enough looking the other way whenever i pass by a liquor store. Now, it seems when i am driving and a liquor store is say: to the right, i turn to my left and there's a pot-shop there instead............ uggghh

Anyways, just felt like ranting about that......

in a little while im gonna go mail some stuff out, but other than that i don't have much planned. Got a conference call later tonight but until then ill probably just do some random internet browsing. Probably another quiet un-eventful afternoon.

For those who are AJ (alex jones) listeners, i would listen to his episode from earlier today - June 11. He and his guest discuss "what's really in big business-brewed beer"........... its interesting stuff, seems to explain the "beer belly" pounds i seem to have packed on.

6 more days to 4 months

What i really want is my one-year anniversary or 12 full months, im wondering how much better i'll feel and the curiosity is KILLING me!
Old 06-11-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Congrats on staying sober. I don't think I could resist it. But just stay strong. I know its easier said than done. Fiance is in a better mood and hopefully I can get to talking to him and get the support I need. Honestly I think the way he is acting is pushing me into a further depression. So I need support. He can be angry and upset at my past actions but it won't change the future for the better.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Perpetual Optimist

Grubby - Congrats on 114 days!!

I have to deal with potheads in my building and on my block and walk through a cloud of smoke daily, but not pot STORES. I can't imagine the temptation that must present itself in your state. I'm not sure what part of CO you live in, but do you know about MA?

I did not find out about it until someone in AA gave me a card with a list of meetings after being sober for two weeks and then smoking pot at a party back in September. I went to my feist MA meeting the next day and have been going every week since then!

While I believe that we should abstain from all drugs and alcohol, IMHO Potheads are a different breed than hardcore alcoholics. I go to AA meetings almost every day, but feel more at "home" in my pothead meetings.

I have included the link to a list of meetings in the Colorado area below. I hope at least ONE of these meetings is near you, a little added support surrounding your pot sobriety in a state with a burgeoning pot industry couldn't hurt!

https://www.marijuana-anonymous.org/...es/80-colorado