SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of July 2013 Pt 12 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/332415-class-july-2013-pt-12-a.html)

Leshar 05-22-2014 07:17 AM

Oh my word, Snoozy, that is marvellous! You are so talented! I'm very impressed and moved. Thank you!
I'm very happy to have found me too. This trip has been fabulous. If its not blowing my own trumpet, I'd like to say that I'm proud of myself. To think that my life had dwindled down to vegging on the couch drinking. There is life out there! We have to work hard but look what we reap!

I'm in Frankfurt airport, about to board for Canada.
I had a nice chat with a lady on the plane from Madrid. She saw me reading the script and we chatted about the movie which I haven't yet seen. She'd read a few of the books by the author whose book was adapted into the play Enchanted April. We talked about her gruelling 15 day group tour of Spain. I prefer my way of travelling. I can go at my own pace, rest where I need. Lonely at times, yes, but I still think its more "me".

Haha, Snoozy, I pick up the bird tomorrow! I'll be happy to see him!

Way to go on that 300 Bob! I love everyone's smilies. I'm smilie challenged!

resolute50 05-22-2014 07:22 AM

I was in that airport many,many years ago returning from a business trip to Zurich.
Hopefully there's some good movie to watch on you trip back,Leshar.
It's going to be a long day for you.
I can never sleep on a plane.

SnoozyQ 05-22-2014 07:28 AM

Me either Bob , Shaun could win the snoozing Olympics geez. !

I wouldn't enjoy a gruelling trip either Leshar , i need to go at my own pace ( slow and procrastinating ) lol .

When you get home we are gonna give you a smiley lesson . You're a smart cookie , you will pick it up in no time :biglaugh:

, what's your birds name , not sure if I've asked before ;) I'm getting excited for the bird lololol

SnoozyQ 05-22-2014 08:29 AM

Trying to get to sleep and have to be up in 5 hours for work . The more i try the harder it is grrrrrrrr :gaah

:damnit:

Grrrrrr

SnoozyQ 05-22-2014 08:38 AM

.:inbed

SnoozyQ 05-22-2014 08:39 AM

:dance: :dance::dance: :dance: . :uzi:

SnoozyQ 05-22-2014 08:48 AM

. :bbq

resolute50 05-22-2014 08:52 AM

Get to sleep,snoozy!
What time is it 2 am?

SnoozyQ 05-22-2014 08:53 AM

1.30 Bob . :react

SnoozyQ 05-22-2014 02:04 PM

:faint

resolute50 05-22-2014 03:52 PM

Well,snoozy
Hope you got some sleep.

I'm home watching a little TV and resting.
Gonna get some ice cream soon :)
Leshar, must be flying home.

Croissant 05-22-2014 04:50 PM

Ha, Snoozy....I've been going to bed at a reasonable hour, so sorry I wasn't around for the sheep party, or BBQ!

At one point I couldn't sleep so I did see your poem earlier in the night. You've come a long way....and hopefully find peace in closing the door on some painful memories. I actually read it after is had a bit of a cry about dumb stuff I did when my drinking was ready to take off. I really effed some stuff up under the delusion of alcohol. I also got angry about all the things alcohol has taken away from me (yeah, it was a gooooood ole pity party!)...which included my grandfather (pancreatitis) and mother. Anyway, it was poignant that your poem was here when I logged in briefly. I can imagine it was painful to write.

Yes, Leshar...I'd never go on a long group tours....that's not me, but the day tours link I posted, those were actually good. I didn't actually interact much with anyone, it was nice to just have someone else drive, without worrying about maps and parking!

Group tours that I've seen seem to take you to the main tourist spots which is fine if they are relevant. But I like to explore outside of that.

Glad you enjoyed your trip....and got off the sofa!

resolute50 05-23-2014 04:36 AM

It's Friday here in the good ole USA.
Can't wait to get through this day,3 day weekends are awesome. :)

Memorial Day story:
Years ago I was running a chain saw bucking up a tree in my back yard on Memorial Day.
The saw started to sound funny so I shut it off. Odd thing is the sound kept coming louder now. Turned out 2 A10 Warthog jets were doing a flyover for the local parades.
I was amazed at how fast they circled around. It wasn't long after 9/11 and I think they wanted to show the citizens that we still owned the sky. :)

Dee74 05-23-2014 04:40 AM

Have a good weekend everyone :)

D

resolute50 05-23-2014 04:48 AM

You too, Dee.
Have a great weekend!

Croissant 05-23-2014 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by resolute50 (Post 4668384)
You too, Dee.
Have a great weekend!

You enjoy your long weekend, Bobby Boy!!!

aw58 05-23-2014 06:53 AM

hi Everyone, wow it takes me a while to read the posts but all good to read. I will get to know you all soon . Love hearing about travels and what everyone is up to and great to hear how many days A F, its an inspiration and the fact you all still come on to the forum to support each other is really amazing. I am just resting at home trying to stay in control of my thoughts, its getting better every day. I went out with Hubby last night, to be honest didnt really enjoy it but its our agreement, he doesnt drink indoors and have a fridge full of beer and I go out with him to the pub twice a week.. Im hoping this boredom I feel when I go out will pass but it really got on my nerves last night, people drinking getting loud, Hubby got on my nerves he smelt of yeast, never smelt it before it made my stomach churn and he was waffling on gggrrr . I suppose I feel a bit resentful .
we went towards our bus stop and a elderly chap who had a few too many had fallen and couldnt get up, Hubby helped him up and off he staggered up the hill, then I thought Im glad I dont drink !!

Croissant 05-23-2014 07:01 AM

AW it must be difficult in early days being around a pub and your husband drinking.

Does he realise how hard that is for you?

Croissant 05-23-2014 07:58 AM

OK...this is very sad to report.

I went to log in....and instead of typing "Croissant" as my username....ummm.....

I mistakenly typed "Chocolate".

The shame of addiction. :willy

Lol.

resolute50 05-23-2014 08:04 AM

LOL

Good one Choc.....I mean Crois.:lmao

Hello AW,welcome to the class.
Glad you joined us.
Sounds like you have a tough situation with the hubby drinking.
Glad you're strong and can stay clear headed and not give in.