Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 11

Old 06-18-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry it looks like the interview didn't pan put Aarry. Try to not get too discouraged tho. Try again

D
Old 06-18-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Sorry I have been so quiet lately I have been quite overwhelmed with work trying to get all my ducks lined up before my big trip with my gals to Mexico tomorrow for 8 days (my longest vacation in years!)!!
Hope to have WiFi there so I can check in with you guys but I have been doing well. AV is quiet lately but I am not letting my guard down.
Aarry pray you either hear back from that interview or that you get an even better one.
I know your trip is coming up soon to Chicago. Be sure to chat with us on SR on the flight gotta love that WiFi in the sky!
Love you all. Cheers, Chris
Old 06-18-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Hey, Chris! I hope you and your gals have a great time!!

My trip is in 8 days. Looking forward to it!

Thanks, Dee! I'm just frustrated I think with the whole process as I don't know how to do things different. All I can be is myself.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Administrator

And I believe there's a perfect job out there for you Aarry

D
Old 06-18-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Aarry stick at it...it will turn out great in the end, unless you are a Spanish World Cup fan...that was a real shock today!
Chris I hope you have a brilliant holiday
Old 06-18-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Thank you guys.

I really appreciate the support and words of encouragement!

Old 06-19-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

I have been busy getting the Subaru back together which I finally did last night! It even started up on the first try. We'll see over the next week or so if I did a good job. I don't have any parts left over. Going to be great today having an evening free to just lounge around! Still have a huge list of to do's though.

Welcome to the Marchers Mac1 and Airwick. Glad to have you aboard.

Sorry about the job stuff Aarry. Just be yourself. Things will work themselves out.

Have a great time in Mexico Chris. 8 days!

Hey Bimini. WTG on gathering relationships. I could probably do some work at that too although I won't lead anyone to AA having never been myself. Maybe one of these days.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

The weekend is starting off.

My coffee finally made it and tomorrow, I'll be enjoying a nice cup of Death Wish coffee.

I feel like I'm lacking a lot of motivation lately when I need it to be kicking into high gear. I admit I've been feeling sorry for myself lately and it's making it easy to retreat into my safe place and say forget the world, gimmie my kitties so we can snuggle.

A really big source of frustration has been trying to get registered for school. I really have no idea why things are taking so long. Normally it's about two days. It's now been five and I still can't register. This is a new school for me and it's like "Oh, do this" and I do it but they have to wait for things to clear in the computer at midnight before I can take the next step. But why? The registrar can see I've done what needs to be done. And right now, all I'm trying to do is get on a freaking waitlist for a summer class. Anyways....

Thank you guys for letting me whine. It's just nice to get it off my chest so I can move on.
Old 06-20-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hi Aarry,
Sounds like red tape (bureaucracy) gone mad. Dont worry it will get sorted!
I hear what you're saying about motivation - its so hard to to stay focused. The weather here in Ireland is brilliant at the minute. Sometimes i just want a cold beer. Also the fact that there is football heaven going on (World Cup) is triggering mini-cravings galore for me . Nothing I can't handle and I found a great link of Dees about 'urge surfing' which is really tremendous - http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html
Anyway - stay strong and good luck with the course
Old 06-20-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Thank you, Mac.

I honestly think that was another excuse I would use for drinking. I'd feel like things were out of my hands and beyond my control so I would just throw my hands in the air and think "Why bother fighting?" and drink.

But as we all know, if nothing changes, nothing changes.

Just wanted to get this out to as many folks as I can so... Starting on June 23rd, Coursera is offering a class on the Addicted Brain. Coursera is free classes offered online by universities all over the world. Just wanted to mention it as I think it's subject matter than we can all relate to.

Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Aarryckha;4731263]Thank you, Mac.

I honestly think that was another excuse I would use for drinking. I'd feel like things were out of my hands and beyond my control so I would just throw my hands in the air and think "Why bother fighting?" and drink.

When things seem "Out Of Control" is when we have to be "In Control"
Old 06-20-2014, 09:22 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Regarding a lack of motivation .... for me I find that I have to force myself to take the first step of a project or practicing or whatever. Once I take the first step and am in to something then I have plenty of oomph to keep at it.

Take the recent Subaru project. It was really hard to get motivated to loosen the first bolt and take off the first part. Once I passed that threshold I kept at it for hours a night and motivation was not a problem.

Same with my work on the guitar. I love to play but have a hard time actually practicing, ie learning new material or new ways to play old stuff. Its hard! However once I push myself to start to actually practice I keep in practice mode for hours and really enjoy it.

So maybe if you take the same attitude we have about drinking, that is "I will not drink today" letting next week, month, year etc be dealt with at a later time.

Apply the same concept to stuff you want to get done. Say I want to clean up the shop. The job is huge and daunting up front. So I just commit to cleaning up one wall or one shelf or whatever allows me to get started. Once started motivation seems to flow in to me.

Wow that ended up being a long sermon.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hope everybody has a great weekend. I have to work this weekend so nothing for me other than evening chores. I need to take a breather after the car project!

Hope you are having a fun time in Mexico Chris. Remember it is VACATION. You are supposed to come back rested not exhausted from trying to cram everything in to 8 days. Lay on the beach and watch the sunset or something.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:04 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Thanks, Discovery!

I'm usually the same way about projects. Getting the momentum to get started is the hard part, hands down.

I'm going to just chalk this up to me being cranky. Been having some sleep issues to.

But we keep fighting the good fight, right??

Old 06-21-2014, 12:47 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Here's to a sober Saturday.

Making some coffee and resting my knee while watching some World Cup.

Tomorrow, I have plans to go meet some friends for breakfast then I think I will try to do most of my errands since I'll already be out and about.

Old 06-21-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Hello everyone I am back I have not been around cause I have been ashamed of myself I'm disappointed I let myself my friends my family all down. I've been trying this sober thing for a couple years I guess I'm just a drunk. I can make it three to four months at a time next thing you know I'm passed out in somebody's yard
Old 06-21-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

MrFixit

I'm glad you're here.

Do you want to talk about what happened?
Old 06-21-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it back MrF. A lot of folks don't.

I think accepting the problem is vital.

whats the next step for you now?

D
Old 06-21-2014, 10:54 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

We are here for you MrFixit.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:04 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody here's to a sober Sunday. Dee I do not know what the next step should be I've already been to rehab got some important tools but I got a brain problem not a drinking problem it's a thinkin problem.