Notices

Class of January 2012 Part 11

Old 01-03-2021, 02:02 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Hello!! Can't believe it's been 9 years!! (yesterday for me) I am grateful to be sober and clear headed during these trying times. The pandemic is out of control in the US and so are our politics. I haven't seen my sons much but are daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter are in our "pod" so we see them and so far staying healthy. They all have jobs and we are lucky to all live in rural areas. I'm thankful for everyone in this group and pray for you all often. Onwards and upwards always.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:13 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 9 years you guys

D
Old 01-10-2021, 08:44 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Hey all.

This is my day 1. Can I just jump on here or do I have to apply?

It's going to be a rough beginning for me because I don't really want to stop drinking but I really want to stop drinking. Covid has been a soul crusher and my sleep schedule is so screwed up. I wind up drinking at night to fall asleep. Then feeling terrible in the morning and so depressed. I've been trying to break the cycle for a while and haven't. Today I just kind of knew it was time to call in reinforcements. I need to accept that it's better to be awake then to fall asleep drunk
Can I hang out with you guys?
Old 01-10-2021, 09:56 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Ooops

Originally Posted by VeggieFriend View Post
Hey all.

This is my day 1. Can I just jump on here or do I have to apply?

It's going to be a rough beginning for me because I don't really want to stop drinking but I really want to stop drinking. Covid has been a soul crusher and my sleep schedule is so screwed up. I wind up drinking at night to fall asleep. Then feeling terrible in the morning and so depressed. I've been trying to break the cycle for a while and haven't. Today I just kind of knew it was time to call in reinforcements. I need to accept that it's better to be awake then to fall asleep drunk
Can I hang out with you guys?
Sorry, meant to put this in Jan 2021.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:12 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Administrator

No worries VF see you over there

D
Old 01-02-2022, 05:30 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

My 10 year anniversary is today! I don't go around bragging about this to people but I guess this is the place to do it. I am still thankful for everyone on this thread who helped me so much to be the healthy and sober almost 70 year old I am this January 2nd. Life is good in my little circle and the holidays were wonderful with my kids and granddaughters. If anyone is reading this. I hope you are well and that 2022 will be a healthier, safer, and less fearful year. Here's to sober living! My continued prayers are with you, Katrinka
Old 01-02-2022, 12:16 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Katrinka! ​​​​​​​
great to hear from you!

D
Old 01-20-2022, 03:21 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Congratulations Katrinka! We did it, it has been 10 years now for me too and thank you all, especially Dee74 for your support throughout the years