Old 05-14-2014, 01:55 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone is doing ok

D
Old 05-14-2014, 03:14 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Couldn't get on to SR early this morning, not sure what was up with my internet, but thank goodness you're all here as usual.

Chick chick, I love your chick. I have jumper which I've been meaning to finish for months. I got a bit disheartened when I realised I didn't have enough wool to finish it properly. I'm such a loose knitter, that my garments generally fit me better when wearing a big rucksack under them. So of course I'll run out of wool.

I'm a bit late taking the baton this morning, sorry, but I'll run a lot faster today, and pass it back when you all wake up.

Have a happy sober day/night.
X
Old 05-14-2014, 03:18 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Lucrezia, welcome to our class, great to have you join us on our journey.
X
Old 05-14-2014, 04:05 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

The site was down for everyone Free

D
Old 05-14-2014, 05:00 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Goodmorning all and welcome lucrez! Glad I slept thru the website being updated lol How is everyone today? Day 37 and keeping myself in that positive place (as much as possable!) Just getting up and shaking the cobwebs out of my head
Old 05-14-2014, 05:20 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
Hey....I just joined this forum today. Do I belong in this particular thread? The last drink I had was April 13th (actually I was drinking the night before, but it went well into the early morning of the next day, so I count that day as having drank too) ANYWAY. .....Hi?? Is this just like a hangout thread? Or accountability thread? Or...?
Ok I'm sort of a newbie myself but I'll try my best here!
This is the April class, each corresponding month on these daily forums usually go along with the day you stopped drinking. You would be in the right place. There are really no set "rules" and you can go read anything you enjoy. This April class is wonderful and active so your in a great place <3
If you want some resources related to recovery I would suggest reading and or posting in the "newcomers to recovery" board under "new to addiction and recovery" section. People are on there day and night if you are looking for a more direct and quick response.
Another good place to look is the "alcoholism information section of boards as well as the "secular recovery" section. There you will find information and resources for methods of recovery.
The chat room is also a good place to go if you are looking for someone to speak with, there are meetings in the chat room on Tuesday and Friday nights at 9pm (haven't been in someone correct me if they changed times etc.)

I joined those meetings in the chat in the first few days and there was some very great people telling inspirational and deep stories, def check it out if your schedule can allow for that.

The "social groups" section is more for the fun and relaxed side to these message boards, there you can just talk about stuff non recovery related (or at least not SO engulfed on it) and it's a nice place to just chat and meet other people struggling with the same issues.

Hope this helps and again welcome! Your in a great place
Old 05-14-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Morning everyone. It is wet and ugly here today and I just want to crawl back into bed. I don't know if it is the weather the pill or both but I am not taking another one of those anxiety pills. I am just going to have to fight through it on Thursday.

Welcome Lucrezia. Don't mind me I am probably considered the resident troublemaker. Just wait they will come along and agree.

Stormi it seems like a pretty good group, I just hate new things, in person.

Originally Posted by ChickChick View Post
I just had a fabulous HOT bath
Fried chicken?

obosob I hope you get your computer today

Morning D and free and ccam lurking.

ST glad you are more positive.

Have a good day fools!
Old 05-14-2014, 06:48 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hey y'all-

Up- I hear ya on those meetings. I tried one where they were sittin in a circle. Made me want to run for the door too! Then I realized I was in the alnon room. Talk about awkward... Fried chicken... Lol

Adna- I remember you mentioning metals but I bet youre like my artistic daughter? Photography's probably her main thing but her "little drawings" are still pretty amazing. I love artsy peeps .

Obo- We use our phones mostly for now but miss the pc- so much easier. How are ya, mate?

Kat- are u enjoying your kindle? It's my very favorite toy! I lost it once and you would have thought I'd lost a million bucks. Can't go to sleep wo it.

Pan- hope you enjoyed your run! between you running and ...

kitten- working out(despite his injury?!), surely I'll be inspired to do something fitness-like...

DD- have you tried Downton yet? I'm with Adna on the clothes- if you watch it for nothing else but ambiance you're in for a treat .

Mrs bee- since you love writing and literature, don't you just love the one liners from the butler? Or the grandma?(she's my fav). I wish I had written down all my fav so far. How are the job prospects looking?

Ilya- your cave room sounds fun! Hope you're having sweet dreams and peaceful times with your sweetie.

ST- I'm so happy for you and your girl. Pls give her a hug for all of us.

Soli- how was day 2? We're wrapping up at our house so my motivation is waning. Summers almost here!

Freein- sounds like England and Texas are on the same fickle side of the weather coin. You just never know what you're gona get. Thx for carrying our baton .

Chick! That is the cutest little chick! I haven't knit a thing, ever. But love to sew- I might have to cross over. How did you like the book? I liked "almost alc" best just bc it helped me think thru things. It's been such a process for me. I'm so glad you're here(and that you're feeling better).

Stormi- you're sounding so good! Thx for praying for us and reminding me where my true strength is found.

3777- yeah that AV is a sneaky one- glad you're feeling victorious today!

Rock- congrats on day 15! Wow!

Topspin- you are just joy- all wrapped up in words. We'll give you an honorary place on that zip line.

Lucrezia- welcome!

Mariah - I wrote this w u in mind last nite- but since the site was down, guess these mostly need to say g'morning~

Gnite dee. Gnite Adna. Gnite top. Gnite bee, chick, turtle and up. Gnite kat. Gnite Mariah, freein, DD, 3777, pan and kitten. Nite obo, Ilya and Rock. Gnite Stormi. Gnite soli. Gnite.

(Or g morning...)
Old 05-14-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Good morning Fools,

I hope all is well today! Lucrezia welcome! This group is a very accommodating bunch! ST's guidance is spot on for support.

Up - I hope your day and the weather gets better....

Izzy/Kitten - I would love to swap stories on running/working out...it seems to be major tool in my repertoire in dealing with my AV. Somehow my sobriety has become closely aligned with a major fitness kick. I am obsessed with both.

Chick - You are quite talented! I love your knitted chicken!

I need to catch up on the comings and goings of the group...will try and read latter.

Take care all Pan
Old 05-14-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good Morning All Glad you are here Lucrezia - this is a great supportive group.

ST - fabulous job on giving the SR tour!! Thank you for that

Don't have much time here this morning.....read all of the post from yesterday & this morning...you are a talented, uplifting, funny bunch here. Love ya all!!!

I have 30 days today....finally So, so thankful for that - I too am feeling much more comfortable in social situations also, which is a relief. Another beautiful day here...was 90 degrees yesterday & to be warmer today...*****, summer is here Have a great day friends...I have to get "the teen" transported
Old 05-14-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,
I missed you all last night. It was almost disorienting having the site down.

Up, fried chicken??? I don't even know how to respond to that.

Izzy, your good night post is making me giggle. I always wanted to be a Walton, but this is even better.

Good morning, Pan.

Welcome Lucrezia, this is a perfect spot for you.

Obosob, I hope you get that computer soon. I'm sure you have more to say.

Don't run too fast on our account, Freein. Pace yourself.

Solitary, I'm glad you're staying positive.

And for the rest of you, it's a new day, I hope each of us makes the best of it. I think the world of you guys.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:44 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Pan- do you think it has to do w endorphins? I was trying to go "easy" on myself and only tackle one major lifestyle change at a time but... It sounds like you've replaced an unhealthy habit w a healthy one? Just thinking about it makes me wonder if going ahead w running (or aerobics for me)will actually help more. W bathing suit season coming up, couldn't hurt?!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MariahGayle View Post
I have 30 days today....finally So, so thankful for that - I too am feeling much more comfortable in social situations also, which is a relief. Another beautiful day here...was 90 degrees yesterday & to be warmer today...*****, summer is here Have a great day friends...I have to get "the teen" transported
*****!!! 30 days is huge Mariah. I'm not surprised you got here, but I'm still really proud of you. You're doing great!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Congrats, Mariah!

Try it izzy! Just moving more feels good, whatever you do.

Sure, Pan! You might be on your own with the running, though. One of these days when I get really bored I'll try Couch 2 5K again, but for now I'm happy just picking up heavy things and putting them down again.

Sounds like most of us are doing pretty okay. If you aren't, please say something. It really does help to yank those problems out in the open where you can get a better look at them.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:49 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

But yes- like Adna says- we must pace ourselves!(which for me shouldn't be too hard- getting out the door w running shoes on will be my challenge ).

Congratulations Mariah! That's awesome!

Hope everyone has a fabulous day.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Kitten- just saw that. Hope your shoulders better? Yeah, maybe I'll start with just a walk. My dog would love that.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

It has been a gift of a day here.

The thought crossed my mind that in the past, I would have bought some wine to enjoy in the garden. Today, however I'm going to just sit here in the sun with a peppermint tea and laugh at how ridiculous my old self was.

How could I possibly have thought that alcohol could improve this beautiful moment. Listening to the birds, watching the leaves on the tree floating on the breeze, and feeling the warmth of the sun. So many times I have blotted this out in favour of escaping in to a depressive, self conscious stupor.

I pray that you and I never return to that nightmare of unreality again.

I'm hoping that I'll get to a point where I can totally trust that this current me is here to stay. At the moment I can sense the gremlin just biding her time.

Tonight I'm meeting with my fellow bible study groupies, for some holy and unholy banter.

Hope everyone's day is going well,
X
Old 05-14-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

30 days is great Mariah. You are doing great. Seems like we all are doing great.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:01 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I drank.

Yesterday my dad called to tell me my mom was going to be transferred to a physical rehabilitation facility maybe by the end of the day. That was great news. But he called back less than 2 hours later to tell me that she was going into emergency surgery. He said it was very serious, he didn't have time to explain, and that I needed to tell my mom I love her. I did and told her to be strong. All I could make out from her is "it's not going to get better, honey. I love you.". He called me back and told me she might not make it. The doctor told him "this might be it." . I thought she was going to die last night. I felt really guilty because I hadn't been to see her yet, but up until yesterday she was improving. We were going to leave Monday.
Something had caused her to bleed. They had to stop the bleeding with clamps and it worked. We began packing in last night. I told my husband I wanted wind. My husband didn't want me to drink and tried convince me not to. I reminded him that he offered to buy me wine on Mothers Day, but he said that now was not a good time for me to drink . I didn't listen. I decided not to get wine because I thought that might get me too drunk, so I bought a six pack of beer. I drank five in five hours.
Today my mom is in ICU getting plasma. The clamp isn't stopping all the bleeding. We are on our way. We were going to stop halfway because it's about 17 hrs away but we might try to just make it. I'm scared something might happen before we get there.

I'm sorry.