Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 7

Old 05-13-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Kitten I came across some of Sully Erna's, of Godsmack, solo stuff and I like it.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Quite an eventful night on the board!
Glad you are feeling better Chickchick, I love to knit and crochet, too. The wee chick sounds adorable.
ST good job on the outing. I think I will use your lead on turning my back on temptation. BTW, your fiance is a gem. Cherish her.
SkrewdUP I get lost on YouTube as well. It's a great recourse for sobriety, i.e.; documentaries, movies, AA speakers. Check out Bob D from Vegas.
Kitten, you inspire me. You are a 'rock'-star. You sound strong and capable.
IYLA, great news your no longer fighting. Sleep well tonight on your new bed!
FreeIn I like your strategy. Stay close to your sober friend, more will come. I used to think everyone drank. Now, there are few people in my life who still drink. They make me want to be a NORMIE.
Overwhelmed, just remember to breathe. This too will pass. Just do the next right thing and stay sober.
Sol, I hope you stay with us, you have helped each one of us more than you know. Your example of homeschooling your son shows us every problem is surmountable.

Another day, I can do this. We can do things we never thought possible. When we can't, HE can! Love and Peace to all. Xoxo
Old 05-13-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
Kitten I came across some of Sully Erna's, of Godsmack, solo stuff and I like it.
I just looked some of this up and do you remember that band from the mid-90s, Days Of The New? Reminds me of that a bit. Much more varied instrumentation here, but still a songwriter with heavier sensibilities doing more acoustic stuff. It's a refreshing sound for as seldom as it's heard.

Thanks, Stormi! You can do it for sure!
Old 05-13-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I forgot about Days Of The New, I see what you mean.

I love acoustic guitar, you have to be talented to play it. It is a lot harder than electric.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'll check them out too sounds like my style for sure
Old 05-13-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

And thanks all I did good. She really is a huge support for me, and is an amazing person. I will not take her for granted one bit! It makes me feel good to make her happy as well. Her smile makes me feel good inside and knowing it's from me is even better.
I'm pulling myself out of the depression, I have to...thanks everyone <3

Hang in there everybody <3

image-3503161008.jpg

A little late but from that web comic I love, he only makes like one or two of the brain/heart ones a week he draws others that are funny but weird lol
Old 05-13-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I want to thank all of you again. I don't think I could have done this without you guys.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I know I should be doing other things but you got to check this out.

Godsmack - Drum Battle HD - Sully Erna vs Shannon Larkin
Old 05-13-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Mostly caught up now...
I said I was 100% better and then took an almost 2 hour nap! Haha, guess that was wishful thinking! I have lost a couple of lbs (hope they stay lost!)

:hugs: to you who are struggling. I've read someone posting something along the lines of there isn't a problem that alcohol won't make worse... that has been floating through my head lately when I think 'oh dealing with such and such is so hard that I should just have a beer'. Staying sober is hard work, but you are doing it! Keep it up, I am positive it is worth it!

Kat and Solil, I hope you girls decided to keep going after 30 days! It wouldn't be the same around here without you. Solil, your parents have been in my prayers. Glad to hear that your first day of homeschool went well.

ST, I'm glad to hear you are doing better.

Congrats to those who had milestones while I was away!!

At my kids school they do 2 1/2 weeks of summer school, which is just fun school half days. All of my older kids wanted to go so I went in to sign them up before we went on my sons field trip last week. Since my yongest is signed up for kindergarten in the fall they will let him go to summer school. I had decided not to send him. I am being selfish and want him home with me for the last bit of it just being us at home. But when I was signing the others up the lady talked him into summer school. I am really feeling completely cruddy about it.

Ok, I'm off to finish his chicken... yes Up I'm making a chick for my chick!!!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

http://higherperspective.com/2014/05...?utm_source=HP
Good article someone sent to me. The F word is used regularly tho lol....
Old 05-13-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

It's possible that summer has arrived in England, at least for a day or two. I'm putting the brolly back in the cupboard until the weekend. Looking forward to some vitamin D tomorrow.

ST, you sound like you're making some really fabulous progress this week, great to hear you had a good evening out with you fiance. Love your strategy of turning your back on the bar, very symbolic.

UP, I hope things sort themselves out for you soon, as I'm sure they will. It's so inspiring to see you being so focused on your goals.

I'm in for a relaxing sober evening, and a delicious early night with my book.

UP and Sol, Just want to update you on the Abe Kass audio book (relax and live stress free). It's basically two, eight minute lessons, one aimed at the conscious mind, the other for the subconscious mind. Then there is a deep relaxation of about half hour, which is almost an hypnotic experience. Anyway, I'm finding it very relaxing, and positive. I've even bought another in the series which is on happiness. It was only about 3 pounds on iTunes, so for me it was worth it.

Just about to have some hearty stew (just in case the winter comes back unexpectedly - you can't be too complacent around here).

Have a good evening/morning everyone.
X
Old 05-13-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi All! Thank you ST and others for your thought! Today the AV is far away, but I know it will be back and so I am prepared . Reading peoples experiences helps so much! The first month was an emotional roller coaster but I think of it has healing and learning to deal with things that have been pushed aside for years. Kind of tough, but healing! I feel great today!!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Am I the only one that had to google to see what a brolly is?

I think I will check out that audio book. Thanks free

3777 congrats on the 30 days, I knew it was one of you two that joined us on the weekend.

Chick....
Old 05-13-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi all! I spent some time catching up. Seems like everyone has had a busy few days! Wish everyone a good beginning of their week I'm here on day 15. It's the furthest I've been able to make it so far and I'm feeling pretty proud. Still waking up daily with some anxiety/agitation but hopefully that will lessen. Maybe it's just me, but my sober life is A LOT busier, which might have something to do with it.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:02 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Adna- I drew this most unfortunate picture(you probably can't tell- but it's a carnival) with my daughter today. Thinking of you- hope you're having a great day creating real art while the rest of us struggle with stick figures. We got the giggles over this one ... Notice the guy running scared from the haunted house. That took some real talent, let me tell ya'.

Soli- you sound like a natural with homeschooling! But BEWARE! THIS is what may happen to you!

Last edited by Dee74; 05-13-2014 at 03:02 PM. Reason: removed pic link
Old 05-13-2014, 01:21 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I adore that artwork izzy!!! Fantastic!

Congrats on 15 days Rock!!

Reading Mommy Doesn't Drink Here Anymore. Feeling a bit teary this afternoon.

Last edited by ChickChick; 05-13-2014 at 01:21 PM. Reason: wrong smilie
Old 05-13-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

chick- I read that one(have you seen the practical suggestions in the back? That was my fav part of that one); drinking, a love story and almost alcoholic. Learned a lot from all 3. Hope you're encouraged? I know that for me books/other peoples stories have been really therapeutic...
Old 05-13-2014, 01:43 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Izzy, I think you're carnival is wonderful, especially the guy running from the haunted house. I work with metal, I'm no fine artist, though I can draw a mean stick figure.

Rockstonic, congratulations on 15 days, you should feel proud.

ChicChic, I hope you post a picture of your chicken, and I'm glad you feel better.

MrsBee, I hope you're starting to feel better, too.

3777, I'm glad you're feeling great today. I hope you're off the roller coaster for good.

Up, I'm dropping the screwd from here on, I have to look up Brolly, too. I'm sorry your family stuff is still challenging. Hopefully they'll soon be able to see your progress as much as we can.

Soliloquy, you and your mom are in my thoughts. I'm glad homeschooling has gotten off to such a good start.

Freein, enjoy the sunshine. It really is medicinal. Have a lovely evening alone with your book. That's one of my favorite ways to spend a night.

Normi, we really can do things we never thought possible. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Ilya, I'm glad your getting back into your bedroom. I'm staying in my guest room myself, and really want to get back into my real bedroom, too. Unfortunately, it's going to take a lot more than a new bed to get me back in there.

Solitary, I'm glad dinner went so well for you, and I'm glad you have your sweetie. I envision really good things in your future.

Kitten, I think you will be leaving those problems in the dust, and I'm so glad to hear you sounding better today.

Mariah, I hope it's as beautiful a day down there as it is up here, and that you get to enjoy the sunshine.

Topspin, thanks for sharing about ghostly, that was a timely inspiration.

AppleKat, I hope your day is going well

Dee, thank you for everything you do, and all you have given us. I hope your halo isn't too tight.

I had to go to the post office today, and of the 8 other people in line there, I knew 6. The last few years I've really dreaded that kind of errand, and would have been extremely uncomfortable having to make casual conversation or eye contact with the people I knew, but today I was happy to see and talk to everyone of them, I even hung out outside for more conversation when I was done. I can't quite believe the difference in how I feel around other people now that I'm clean. I expected to be socially awkward for the rest of my life, and really had no idea that it had to do with my drug habit. I had forgotten what it was to feel like myself, and it's so good to remember it again.
I hope this is a great day for everyone, I have such faith and confidence in each of you, and it feel overwhelming gratitude for all of you and for this place. Thanks guys!
Old 05-13-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Congrats Rocks, you should feel proud.

Love the artwork izzy.

Poor chick, is it the book?

Thanks Adna, and I know what you mean about the awkwardness before but being different now.

I am off to the first group meeting set up by my counselor. After I take my anxiety pill.

I REALLY don't want to go.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Up , Had to look *up* brolly too !
...can't wait to use it round one of my redneck friends when the weather turns

3777, and rockstonic, congrats on 30 and 15, !!
...Kittenme might have a fancy word for that numerical relationship

Chickchick , so glad you're pulling out of whatever the heck had u. The idea of you making little chicks, just makes me smile half the day.

"Ok, I'm off to finish his chicken... yes Up I'm making a chick for my chick!!!
"
uh , lo... ,

Izzy , y'all makes me want to try a zip line ,,..... " We.e..eeee !

ST , thanks for sharing your experience going to a liquor serving establishment. Love the symbolism ! ...and your thoughts.

Free, ... thank you for your ever inspiring posts , and carrying our baton early. Even though I've never been to your part of the world , I'm fascinated with the older village cottage architecture there.
Find myself distracted and comforted at the same time watching dramas, or mysteries in a modern UK setting.

*Old* over here is only 200 years !?! Them castles are ok I reckon , but they lack a human scale, ...and look pretty drafty to boot !

Stormi , I'm the same way with the utube vortex ! This morning I just had to crank Instant Karma, ...and noticed the line ,,....."Laughing at fools like me".... had a whole new meaning !?!

Adna , ... Noticing exactly the same thing , about actually enjoying casual conversation much more the last week or so. Y'all may, or may not know I quit drinking the middle of March, but couldn't bring myself to jump in the March Thread , because I was still wrestling with ambivalence at that point. ( would I change my mind , kind of thinking )
......And I have a pretty bad short term memory.

So it's been a blessing to take this journey with each of you, ...a humbling experience, knowing some of the challenges y'all have , and continue to face going forward.
Thankfully , for me , with booze out of the equation , things are getting better, ...mostly.