Notices

Class of March 2013 part 28

Old 05-28-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

MeSo!!

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
Wow, they are kind of slow Marcher. Over here they kind of boot you out of a hospital fast. Sometimes I think too fast.
Shoes you get booted out fast here too. The thing is they won't let him leave until he has tests but the heart attack he had was minor so they bump him because there is such a queue for tests, so serious cases go first. Anyway he had the angiogram today, two tiny blockages were found but they are too small to operate on so we don't know what will be done. If he has a good night tonight and if his blood levels are good tomorrow morning he can come home.

And Shoes your summary of what you thought Mr Marcher is like was spot on.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:30 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Marcher, so happy to hear it wasn't more serious! Hoping for a fast recovery for Mr Marcher and a healthy future!
Old 05-28-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys

Mesoso, I was just getting ready to pm you sweetie, good to hear from you. I have a dear friend whose man of 17 years did a similar thing. He is a great friend of hubby & mine but I'm sad he never had the 'male equipment' to be honest with her and just let things go. His loss, she has discovered she is enjoying going our with friends and doing stuff she never could with him. Sorry too about the job, I hate how cavalier people can be with others hopes and dreams. When I ever recruited, I always followed up even just to say not this time but good luck etc. stick around hun.

1day, love the new baby's name so cute! I've given up hope of more grandchildren, neither offspring are in any hurry to produce so our one gson gets all our lovin!

Marcher I hope you are holding up ok, whenever my dad has had to be in hospital & then recuperate, she has run herself ragged trying to do everything. Never say no to an offer of help and rally frineds to visit as and when. Big hugs to you both.

Hahaha, just love the idea that Shoes and Budd could have a drunken history!!

Life I hope the psychiatric appointment went ok this week, it's time to confront things and own them if you are ever to move forward. And I know you can, but you need to stop hiding behind the bottle to do it.

Babs, how are you doing sweetie?

VC, how are you feeling? Was the op for your sinus condition?

Sass, I know you have a lot on, so understand if you visits are fleeting, just know we are here if you find your stress levels rising, and temptation along with them.

North, how's things? Have you got 80f yet??

Duff, how's life treating you? You are sounding good these days.

We have returned to Atlanta, late last night after a whirlwind of a visit to New Orleans. We had a fantastic time really enjoyed ourselves, went on all sorts of trips and tours and walked and walked, so really feel we know something of the heart of the city. It is a wonderful and unique place, and it am so glad we got to be chance to visit somewhere I have always wanted to go. And, to top it off, we took a suggested detour for a picnic on the way back and I saw my first wild pelican! Now I guess some of you may not get super excited about that, but I have loved them since I was a little girl and saw them in cartoons. To have a real life one fly past close was wonderful!!

Now you will all be asking yourselves ( ahem, I said 'you will all be asking yourselves' what could top all that for excitement?? Well (drumroll please) in about 5 hours, depending on how fast she drives I will be meeting up with......... Joy! Yes, she is driving down and stopping over night in Atlanta especially so we can meet! How wonderful! Joy will stay at the same hotel as us so we should get loads of time together. We are both hyper excited! Woohoo!

Well I will let you all go lie down with a cold compress whilst you get over the excitement and will check in later. Take care all xxx
Old 05-28-2014, 08:02 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Toots, glad you are having fun and I'm sure it will be a thrill to meet and spend some time with Joy.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:24 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

HI Meso---nice to hear from you.
Toots I'm doing good. Just as crazy as ever.
Hey North !!! Don't you just love this warm weather? YES !!
vc -hope your feeling better
Budd,Duff,Sass,1day,Marcher,life,Shoes, and all the rest of you
Marchers--have a wonderful day.
Hugs to everyone
Babs
Old 05-28-2014, 09:34 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Morning, everyone... heading out in a few minutes, but just had to say:
Toots: It sounds like your trip is amazing, and you also get to see another Marcher in person... how cool is that? I will be there with you in spirit!
Old 05-28-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1Dayatatyme View Post
Morning, everyone... heading out in a few minutes, but just had to say:
Toots: It sounds like your trip is amazing, and you also get to see another Marcher in person... how cool is that? I will be there with you in spirit!
me too.
Babs
Old 05-28-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers

Toots and Joy I am so excited for you both, you'd think I was going to be at the meeting.

Mr Marcher is coming home today so Marcher dog should come out of his sulk. Toots thanks for your kind reminder, I am accepting help because I don't want to be a blathering mess -- well no more than I am.

Life? V? How are you both going?

Have a good day peeps.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:58 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

I'm so jealous!! A Toots and Joy meetup! Atlanta will never be the same!! I'm super excited for you more than jealous but still...I'm a little green.

Hahaha Budd! It's possible we dated. Heaven knows I can't place them all due to many o drinking spells. However, when I lived in the Keys I didn't drink so I would have remembered you. We do have a similar approached to single. I actually always liked being single. And being the hopeless romantic I am 3 days is about all you get of that romantic stuff before reality sets in. Hahaha. Oh...I know lots of couples where romance is not dead after a gazillion years. I'm just kidding. I think both the single world and couple world is great. Whichever one fits for you. I always leaned towards wanting both. Lol

Oh oh..not like multiple partners or anything! Eeek. I mean more like can I live by myself and be married?? No offense to multiple partner people. Live and let live.

I hope all this green tea I'm drinking tonight doesn't pull me a Gilmer! I can't do the 2 hours sleep thing!! Gilmer, how did you do it the next day when you drank that coffee and was up late and got up early????? Eeek again. I would have been dragging!

Later
xoxo
Old 05-28-2014, 11:25 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

It happened again, Shoes! I really pumped the caffeine into myself yesterday to get all my stuff done, because I knew I wouldn't get a nap, and I had something to do in the evening, so i had to stay awake.

So now I've awakened at 1 am and I'm now here at McD's on SR!

I assure you I will nap today and go to bed early!
Old 05-28-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Oh Gilmer,

Yum.....I so want a Big Mac right now. Sigh.
I do love them; they're my junk-food weakness.

V xx
Old 05-28-2014, 11:53 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

I love their breakfast sandwiches best, especially Sausage McMuffin with Egg.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Oh Gilmer and V you are making me giggle. Mr Marcher and I have been discussing our diet and trying to work out this heart attack, we never eat fast food and now I'm thinking maybe we should!

Shoes I also laughed when I read
No offense to multiple partner people. Live and let live.
You are the queen of the laid back American comment!

On a serious note about that shooting in Santa Barbara: did any of you read as I did that the father of the shooter and the father of one of the dead may unite for a common cause?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:28 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Good morning, all!
Marcher: I don't know what time it is there, but I am hoping Mr. Marcher is home, or at least on his way.

Gilmer: Sounds like you need Caffeine Anonymous... just jokin'... I doubt there is such a thing... I have seen many gallons of coffee consumed at meetings.

Shoes: You made me laugh as well... your attempts to be politically correct are so sweet.

Venuscat: hope you are feeling better.

Dee: Thank you very much for your restraint in commenting as I return to SR.
It is much appreciated. Starting day 6 without the drink and so far, smooth sailing. FYI: My plan for today is to walk, go to work; check in on SR, watch a DVD and go to sleep.

Have a great day!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:42 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Marcher, how is Mr. M? Is he home yet?? I hope you're not running yourself ragged.

Toots, Joy -- we are dying to here...how was your visit??? And yes, we're all jealous.

Venus, hope you're feeling better.

MeSo -- so glad to hear from you. I'm sorry about the man and the job. I really can't stand not knowing -- I'd much rather be told "no" and then move on. The right job is waiting for you...right around the corner. As is the right man when you're ready.

Bud!! Just signed the boys up for FREE BOWLING all summer! Crazy! They get 2 free games every single day all summer. Now that is cool.

I know I'm missing everyone but I am running out again - ugh - so busy here. Thinking of all of you!!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Marcher, I am thrilled the dog pic has a place of honor. Mr. Marcher and I sound quite a bit alike. Hugs to Marcher dog too. As far as guns and this country – don’t get me started.

Meso, hope the challenges rest for a while and the opportunities start working overtime.

Babs, I am loving the weather. Hope all is well in ND.

Shoes and Bud – rumor or reality?

Wishing you only the best, Life.

Toots and Joy, do behave yourselves.

Big love to VC, 1Day, Sassy, Duff, WeHav, Dee, Gilmer, and all Marchers!

Old 05-29-2014, 12:05 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Duff, that's cool, getting the boys signed up, now, expect those two free games to cost at least $20.00 per day in sodas, snacks and video games! Hope they learn to enjoy the game as a sport, not just a recreation.

Toots, I am too looking forward to hearing how the Meeting of the Marchers went!
Old 05-29-2014, 12:08 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Northlander View Post
dog too.
Shoes and Bud – rumor or reality?

Just a rumor, Shoes was not drinking and out of here before I was unattached.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Oh, Budd, love the avatar! How are Jessie and Max doing?

Toots and Joy, I know you two will have a lovely day :-)

My very best to Mr Marcher! Sometimes no matter how careful we are about eating, genetics and chemistry can wreck havoc. It isn't anyone's fault!

I've had a delightfully lazy day and am so enjoying the sunshine :-)

Take care, all!
Old 05-29-2014, 02:56 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

1Day, you are so right--I DO need Caffeine Anonymous!

Hey, North--guess what I heard on the radio two days in a row: Bruce's "Pink Cadillac!" Love that song, especially the last verse!