SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2014 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/330749-class-may-2014-a.html)

Upward2Enlightenment 05-01-2014 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by gatorgirl67 (Post 4624916)
Hello May!!

I joined the April class late, so I would like to start fresh with you all! On day 11 and want to continue into May, life feels good!!

Remember you are still welcome in the April class too.

Easyrider 05-01-2014 09:31 AM

Made it home without buying booze.

Django 05-01-2014 10:09 AM

I'm joining :-) Day 5 for me and I'm the best I've mentally been for a long long long time!Good luck everyone,it's the hardest thing ever but when we beat it how good is it going to feel :-)

formerbrewer 05-01-2014 10:26 AM

Day 5 for me! Made it to the gym for 2 hours today feeling great!

bananacake 05-01-2014 10:54 AM

The question is will I ever be ready? I'm sat with a Bacardi and coke as tonight is my last child free night (yes probably another excuse) but I want 2nd may to be the start of my new life!! I really do beg you for your support I'm going to need it! Really can't live this way anymore. I can't tell my family or friends I'm quitting because the amount of times they have heard that one they just laugh! Xx l

brasa 05-01-2014 11:02 AM

So sorry for your loss, SoberForMySon. :cries3: I have two dogs and they are family... Sometimes better than family. We are here for you.

MidnightBlue 05-01-2014 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by bananacake (Post 4625423)
The question is will I ever be ready? l

Bananacake, start BEFORE you are ready.

"Ready" is a myth. You want to change you life - that will do.

Make the first step and the road will be there.

Keep posting!

brasa 05-01-2014 11:11 AM

Banana cake, if you are here you at least want to be ready. Keep trying. Hope you can leave your "Cuba Libre" aside and hang out here with us. Even if you already drank some today, no need to get too drunk and deal with tomorrow's massive hangover and caring for the kiddos. Play the tape ahead.

Amanda75 05-01-2014 11:23 AM

I joined the forums today so this will be as good as any month to start. Hope to help others as well.

bananacake 05-01-2014 11:24 AM

Here's hoping we all enter June feeling amazing xxx

Dee74 05-01-2014 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by brasa (Post 4624818)
Dee, geez just noticed it. My keyboard was doing the Portuguese autocorrect (I'm Brazilian). I meant "this" journey.

No worries Brasa :)
Good to have you here!
D

Dee74 05-01-2014 03:42 PM

Bananacake - as someone else said at least a part of you is ready to quit or you wouldn't be here :)

I love this tale and I think it applies to getting sober too:

Here is some great Native American Indian (Cherokee) wisdom:

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

ChickChick 05-01-2014 06:23 PM

I'm lurking from the April class. :c009:

I love that quote Dee!!

Upward2Enlightenment 05-01-2014 06:51 PM

I had to save that quote Dee, and I am part Cherokee

Easyrider 05-02-2014 12:39 AM

Fantastic quote! Yesterday wasn't easy but made it to day 2!

bananacake 05-02-2014 03:10 AM

I love that story!!! Well I'm day 1 today!!! Let's
To this :)

Dee74 05-02-2014 04:00 AM

Yeah it's a really powerful message isn't it? :)

have a good day guys :)

D

Gibbons2 05-02-2014 05:04 AM

Nice quote Dee. I think I heard that somewhere before.

O.k., I signed up on the weekend thread and I am signing in here too. Day Two for me as I am starting fresh with the month of May. I feel pretty good this morning (much better than yesterday morning when I woke up with a hangover) and have several things planned for the weekend to keep me busy. NOW .... just as long as I don't OVER DO it. Seems to be what keeps holding me back. Projects, sure, just not TOO many. Pacing myself is what is needed I believe and making sure I don't save the whole world (LOL) or take on too much at one time.

Meditation is in order should I start getting too far ahead of myself. Slow, slow, slow down.

Have a great sober day all. We can make it through today too. One day at a time. :)

Shrutebucks 05-02-2014 05:17 AM

Well this is my first post ever, I've been a lurker here for many years. Today is my first day quitting and I hope by the end of May I can say I finished day 30. Good luck to all you other Class of May.

Dee74 05-02-2014 05:21 AM

Welcome shrutebucks :)

D