Notices

One Year & Under Club Part 31

Old 05-09-2014, 09:26 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Please stay with us AF---I have come back several times and this is the best bunch of people you could ever want to share your story with. They care and are here for you. Hugs to you my friend.
Babs
Old 05-09-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Courage, congrats! You will do fine.

Welcome AF. It does get easier.

Gilmer, way to keep the pace.

Cowboy, enjoy and keep planting those sober seeds.

Ali and BF, cool stories of your horsing around

Glee, broken, not so much. Enjoy your busy day.

Well, I have a clean refrigerator. Guess that is a good thing?

Not the best of days for me. Without doubt the most beautiful day of the year. About 25 miles from me are about 144 dudes, 25 or so that I went to hs and college with, including all of my close friends, playing an 18 hole scramble charity event in memory of one of my best friends kids' that died in a tragic accident 11 years ago. I should be there.

I need to be grateful for the foundation and toolbox I created prior to my need to repay my debt to society. Somehow all of this isolation is doing little more that pulling me down. Compared to the progress that I had made, I see no up side in this time. I am lining the legal systems pocket, plain and simple.

Oh, guess I shouldn't drink and drive. Guess what, I didn't! Nor did I do illegal drugs, or abuse prescription drugs. That story for another day.

I guess it takes a pair to be feeling sorry for myself when the only reason for this event is the saddest possible event in any persons life, to bury a child. Yes, I am missing giving my big bear of a friend a big hug today. That's where I belong!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, Carlos. I don't blame you for being especially bummed today.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:36 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

I agree with Gilmer--Carlos that makes me sad too.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:03 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Siesta, that's great about your stepdaughter. Hopefully she will develop a camaraderie with her coworkers.

Next week I will be making the fast food rounds (and whatever else doesn't require much experience) with my 18-y-o son. College hasn't worked out for him at this point--hopefully it will eventually. Frankly, right now he's a giant video game addict. He's not the most effervescent, glad-handing guy, so I will give him pointers of what to say and how to look someone in the eye and give a firm handshake.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sorry you're having an especially cr4p day Carlos, hug flying your way.

AFREE, welcome back love. Stick around.

Courage, I know it can be difficult not having structure to focus the day on, butter I know you can do what you need to to generate a structure or schedule for your research.

Gilmer, just have to tell you that you are awesome. No reason, just had to tell you!

GF you have come a long way in a short time both in your sobriety and in your outlook. Broken people can't do that. Ergo you are not broken!

Siesta, so when are y'all going to McDs for tea??

Aly I too need a photo, spaniel/dachshund cross is it called a Daniel or a splashund?? I need to know these things!!

Babs, how are you doing love?

DG, hope you have a quiet weekend planned

BFree what's your weekend looking like?

Laters x
Old 05-09-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Thanks, Toots! Have a great weekend!
Old 05-09-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

I wish I had a pic I could post of Ruby, the Spaniel/Dachshund mix, I don't have a smart phone either. She is cute, but if you've ever seen a long haired Dachshund, imagine that with a shorter back and longer legs and a shorter nose and that's what she looks like. A little like the dog on "The Grinch" sometimes . This kind of reminds me of her! The perpetual smile and wagging tail of a Spaniel.

Thanks for asking, I've been laughing at your descriptions of the mix and I guess it does sound pretty weird.

I'll write again soon, I'm kind of wiped out after that thing yesterday, but I'm fine.
Special congrats to Courage for her upcoming time in a different direction. Sounds pretty awesome.

Best wishes and prayers to all of you! I'm glad I found this thread. The support and love on here is a pretty cool thing to see and experience. Thank you.

Love, Aly xxoo
Old 05-09-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

We're glad you found us, too, Aly!
Old 05-09-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  
p***enger

My goodness what a lot of posts since I had time for a proper check-in yesterday! It's good to see the thread so active.

Gilmer, I hope you got all your lessons done, although the business of being up at 2:45 a.m. doesn't sound like fun to me -- but you, being you, manage to make it sound like an opportunity, not a curse.

Gleefan, your life sounds very full. I hope you enjoy your ladies' game night and the friendships you have there.

Alcoholfree, welcome! I agree with Gleefan -- it's been really important to me to be in a regular smaller community within SR that I check in with daily, especially my starting class and the Undies here. There's a class for every month, depending on what month you start your sobriety trip (and I do mean trip).

Siesta, congratulations to you on your stepdaughter's job -- I hope it will keep her out of your hair for a while!

Babs, how are you feeling?

Carlos, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's loss and sorry you can't be with him on this day. I know that your current situation isn't the result of drunk driving, and that makes the penalty all the more irritating. I understand that you don't see an upside, but I believe that this can be an opportunity for you to practice patience & acceptance. It isn't fair, or right, or a reasonable punishment for you -- but that's life on life's terms, right? Your efforts to weather this without relapsing into stinking thinking should be building up strong muscles to help you meet all kinds of challenges with serenity as you go forward in your sober life. Sorry if it seems like I'm flinging program language in your face -- but we both know, the slogans are true. ((Carlos))

Gilmer, good luck job hunting with your son. I think someone could make serious money writing books about dealing with young adult children. Dr. Spock made tons, and babies are a piece of cake in comparison! And so much cheaper

Toots, there you go again handing out support to one and all but not a word about yourself. How are you doing, sweetie?

Alysheba, I'm trying to imagine that dog of yours & still coming up confused. She sounds cute tho, and spaniels are my favorite. Get some rest and have a great night.

I had a reasonable day, no disasters is all I ask. I'm not thinking too much yet about the research leave since I have to get through this semester first, but I do think that going to more AA meetings during the time will help me. I can get a fellow alcoholic to call me every day at 2 p.m. to say, so, are you working? LOL just might try that!

Boozefree, soberjim, dg, abc, tanja, drake, steve, dee and everyone -- big hugs!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:07 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Well Undies, it's my 13 month anniversary of being alcohol free!!! The last month has flown by and I barely realized that it was my anniversary date.

I am finally home. I am really very worn out from my trip. It's so hard to keep any sort of routine while traveling and moving from place to place. I feel scattered, tired, and ungrounded.

I feel like I need to refocus on ME a bit. I feel far away from my recovery. I feel slightly emotionallly unstable- I think from just being really tired. I'm looking forward to some time at home to recuperate, although I have more trips on the horizon.

I really like my crush... but I spend a lot of time on the phone with him and I guess I feel a bit unbalanced. I need a little more me time. I need to focus a bit on my goals and the stuff I need to be doing.

Anyway, I guess those are my reflections for the moment. I am so beat I could barely think straight at this point so I guess I need to head towards bed.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Congratulations, DG! Rest well.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:26 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for all the support. I'm having a good day 3 so far. I'm sober so I guess that makes it great.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  

I'm glad you woke up well, AF. Have a great day!
Old 05-09-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 05-09-2014, 08:45 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

You, too, Dee!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:37 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Carlos,
So sorry about the rough day. That's really sad.

Courage,
You're right, lots of posts!

Gilmer, my 18 year old son just told me he's taking a semester off from college also. I told him I'm open minded about it but I'm honestly a little worried. He's been out pounding the pavement getting interviews though and had one today. Fingers crossed. I'm afraid he might run off and join some buddhism cult somewhere. He's become quite the hippie and doesn't want to work anywhere that he'll have to put aside his values about saving the planet or mistreatment of animals. Which means he won't serve meat or wash dishes that had meat on them. It's definitely limiting. Good luck to your son on the job hunt.
Toots, I don't know if we'll all be having tea at mcdonalds together anytime soon, but we'll definitely go in to see her working. I already made her try on her uniform and took pics.

Had a good day. Saw an old drinking friend for lunch who just had bypass surgery and has thankfully quit drinking now along with starting to eat healthier. Nice to have a sober meal with him and happy he's doing better.

Night undies
Old 05-09-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi DG,
Just read your post. Congrats on 13 months and hope you get enough time for yourself.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

AF great job on 3 days!!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Courage congrats!

DG congrats on the 13months!

Gilmer good luck with your sons job hunt.

Carlos hope this weekend is a little better for you.

Welcome AF!

Siesta that's good your step daughter got a job!

Toots tomorrow just relaxing and listening to more of my collection most likely. Sunday brunch with mom and sis. What are you up to?

Anyone have an special Mother's Day plans? Today I woke up late hence missing my morning check in. I hate that, it kinda throws my morning off. Been feeling pretty tired lately and I know and have heard early sobriety can cause that so looking forward to some rest tomorrow. Work went by pretty fast and stopped by the stables to help out a co worker with her horse real quick
Sunday my sis and I will be going out to a restaurant for brunch for mom day. And I volunteered to drive so I have an excuse to not drink!

Listening to white buffalo tonight hangin with my dog by my side
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image-2072911752.jpg (94.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg
image-332374471.jpg (40.2 KB, 30 views)