Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 4

Old 04-24-2014, 07:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

kitten, goobers AND raisinettes? You're outa control!

kat, if you get a chance to read some of the early threads from this group, I think you'll find lots of us had trouble with sleep the first week or two (or more.) I'm pretty sure it's a part of what it takes to heal and it feels pretty sukky, but not more sukky than a hangover and all the crummy emotions that go along with hangovers. Some people find relief with meditation, baths, massage, melatonin, music.. others don't find much relief from anything except time.. but I've never heard anyone with withdrawal sleep troubles say they were glad they had a drink to make it better.

Wishing you sweet dreams.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I def don't want a drink.

But now I want some goobers.

I'm tucked in with my book. Also had my tea with valerian. Thank you guys.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Here you go kat.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:55 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by areyoukittenme View Post
lovemesomeokra, it makes sense to me. I wish I could keep up with everyone but I just don't have it in me. I hope nobody is too offended.

Made it through another grocery store trip without grabbing any beer. I did somehow come home with a box of Raisinets and some ice cream sandwiches. And a box of Goobers.

Sugar sounds good right now.
Mmmmhmhghghhhmm!

Sorry, tough to talk with a mouthful of Ben and Jerry's. I totally agree!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'm eating Easter candy and left over cake 8)
Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

OMG, y'all are killin' me... fixna go to bed, sure am glad I have some dark chocolate to take with me! ****{smooch}}}
Old 04-24-2014, 08:02 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovemesomeokra View Post
Thanks for the post, Adna. I haven't posted for a while because I feel like I've set too high a hurdle for myself. While I genuinely care about the people behind the posts on SR, I also feel like if I can't address everyone personally, I'll hurt somebody's feelings. And sometimes I click on posts that are very troublesome to me and it triggers so much of my own crap I can't be present for others. Don't know if this makes any sense, but I DO know that part of the recovery plan I've put in place for myself is to post here, so that's what I'm doing right now, even tho I don't feel like doing it. And it's helping... go figure.
There are a lot of like cross conversations going on here, and also you can get as little or as much involved you know? I don't think helping is necessarily a requirement here! I know what your saying tho.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:03 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovemesomeokra View Post
Thanks for the post, Adna. I haven't posted for a while because I feel like I've set too high a hurdle for myself. While I genuinely care about the people behind the posts on SR, I also feel like if I can't address everyone personally, I'll hurt somebody's feelings. And sometimes I click on posts that are very troublesome to me and it triggers so much of my own crap I can't be present for others. Don't know if this makes any sense, but I DO know that part of the recovery plan I've put in place for myself is to post here, so that's what I'm doing right now, even tho I don't feel like doing it. And it's helping... go figure.
I don't think anyone's gonna take it personally u know? At least I wouldn't or don't. I can't address every single person either. D is the pro
Old 04-24-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Good thing I have some blueberry frozen yogurt in the freezer after all of that

Glad to "hear" your posts today & always Lovemesome

Settling in for the night at a decent hour tonight - very tired. Thinking ahead a bit about the week-end. I have "over extended" myself the last 2 week-ends & am definitely not going to do that again this one. REALLY, REALLY need some "downtime". I love to read & think I will find a good novel, curl up on the couch with the fireplace on & read something that has nothing to do with alcoholism/addiction.

Glad to be "riding the waves" with you all & in here for that group hug Stay strong out there & have a good sober week-end!!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

End of day 3 here. It was an interesting day to say the least (in a good way) things went vastly different from how I thought they would be this morning but I stayed sober and really didn't have a hard time with cravings today. I have been trying to quit for forever it seems but this time it seems very doable!

I have to share with you my favorite part of my day... I took my son to the library today as part of our errands and he wanted to play on the computers there, so I sat down and started reading a book. He very soon after needed help and I stood up with my finger bookmarking my page and wished for a bookmark. When I walked over to the computer table I looked down and there was a bookmark that read "Think. Don't Drink."!!!!! I just about fell over.... wow I think the universe just told me I am doing the right thing!! lol.

Wow, you all know how to make a girl want some sweets!! If I wasn't winding down working on a cup of sleepy tea I would probably go raid the Easter candy too! Good night everyone!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:53 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hello...

I am joining the class. However, I must force myself to try and go to sleep now. I'll introduce myself a little better tomorrow.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome soliloquy

D
Old 04-24-2014, 08:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Hello...

I am joining the class. However, I must force myself to try and go to sleep now. I'll introduce myself a little better tomorrow.

Welcome! I hope you get a good nights rest. I'm headed in that direction too.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:21 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm drinking green tea with lemon grass, and feeling kind of left out.

Hi Soliloquy, welcome. I look forward to your introduction. Your name has me imagining something Shakespearean in style. No pressure of course.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:40 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Left out of what Adna?

D
Old 04-24-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Everyone who posted above is eating ice cream or candy, and I just have tea. I wasn't serious.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL sorry - I'm really not on the same wavelength today

D
Old 04-24-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
LOL sorry - I'm really not on the same wavelength today D
haha know that feeling all too well
Old 04-24-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi all,

I've never even heard of Goober's, but I really want some now!

Alas, I'll just accept this morning's porridge and just dream...

I love what you've all been up to while I've been asleep, now the baton of sobriety has been passed over to this hemisphere, we won't drop it.

My goal today is to get home from work without stopping at a shop. I have Craig Becks audio book "alcohol lied to me" which I will listen to in the car, and I have plenty of thought backups to counter anything the gremlins might throw at me. My favourite is "what an odd thought for me to have, why would I want to buy wine, after all I'm a non-drinker. I want to be healthy now and in the future"

Over the weekend I'll see if I can start a lobby group to get Goobers in to the country.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I made it back to home turf, unscathed and no worse for the wear. The guy sitting next to me on the airplane made several references to beer, and I found myself salivating, not.
ST, so glad you are in a better place today, I was quite worried for you on the weekend.
Adna- I did not think your comment was nasty at all, just a funny insiders joke. For there by the Grace of God, go I.
Ms. Okra, I feel much the same way, thinking if I can't reply to one, I should not reply to any. Kind of like the sharing cookie rule from kindergarten. BTW, what's wrong with having a nap everyday
Kittenme I'd rather scarf down copious quantities of chocolate rather than copious quantities if vodka any day. Good for you on another successful shopping trip.
Applekat, I dread the day the drinking dreams arrive most. Those dreams are far to real and terrifying. I dreamt once of the four horsemen Calvary after a relapse that wasn't real. Maybe try Melatonin to help you sleep. It is completely natural, inexpensive and available at any health food store or pharmacy.
Dee, thank you for your tireless efforts and encouragement you give us all. We couldn't do it without you
Dancing Diva, it's all about HALT, there is always a connection. Glad you are feeling better.
Screwed up, we share a sobriety date. Hope to get to know you bette.
Ok, that is as much as my damaged brain cells can remember for one night.
To those I missed, I apologize;I'll catch you next time.
Keep on keeping on everyone!
I am not going to re-read this, so if auto correct kicked in, blame my kindle; because I KNOW it is never MY fault