Notices

Class of March 2013 part 27

Old 04-25-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Oh yes, the best **** are in the uk... Bummer we don't ave any great **** here in the states... Lol toots!

Okay we better stop this before we get moderated.

Budd, you will feel so good when your lungs start working right again. I'm sure it will make your dives 10% more fantastic!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from the chilly (17C) end of the world. Toots you are a sweetheart. Ken how are you going with the cravings for the evil weed? Shoes I would love to see your spray painting results.

It's a short day today because we only work until 3pm on Saturdays.

Stay strong and stay sober.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:27 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

There must be something in the air today/tonight--SR is really in top form!

I once got wise advice from a co-worker on quitting smoking: I was the kind who always made a plan. My coworker said, "In order to quit, you have to quit."

Plain and simple. Just quit and don't smoke again! I felt like I just had a V-8!
Old 04-25-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys - a little reminder again...this thread may be someones first intro to SR.
You all know the family friendly rule.

D
Old 04-25-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Okey doke. Sorry dee.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:14 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Anyone care for a chocolate?

choc.jpg
Old 04-26-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Oh wow Marcher, you made those? If I ate chocolate, I would love them I am sure....you really are super-talented huh????
And is that one in the middle an ear of corn? If it is, give it to Ken. Can vegetable-shaped chocolate attack??

Love V xx
Old 04-26-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Marcher, awesome chocolate! :-)
Old 04-26-2014, 03:48 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Wow, marcher!!! Yes please!
Old 04-26-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

WOW! Marcher -- those chocolates are a thing of true beauty...yummy!
Old 04-26-2014, 04:51 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Super cool--and I'll bet they're exquisitely delicious, too. I think I also spy a pod of peas for Ken in the lower right hand corner.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:13 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hmmm....I thought that was a moth, but yes, I can see peas now....

V xx
Old 04-26-2014, 05:16 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Well, we can send Ken a moth, too.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:13 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Way to get Ken to eat his veggies Marcher! They look wonderful!

Talking of Ken how's it going? I had an awful cough when I first quit that seemed to go on for ever, just warning you in case. It was still worth it.

Apologies for the ornithological doublé éntendrés Dee.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:02 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Hi All!!!

Gonna have to try the tapering route with smoking, Had 3 kids parties today and I would have been WAY to irritable had I tried to keep going cold turkey.

I'll work on my plan tonight, but right now I need a pizza.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

For all you chocolate lovers and veggie haters, here's the perfect answer according to Comedy 103.1:

"Chocolate comes from cocoa which comes out of a tree.
That makes it a plant.
Therefore chocolate counts as salad."
Old 04-26-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers Haha Sass, like your quote. It's a lovely day in Marcherland, sunny and blue with a noticeable breeze and -- for the particular benefit of North -- longer shadows than I have noticed in ages!

Ken the tapering is a good idea, I did taper my smoking. Originally I restricted where I smoked, then I restricted when I smoked, obviously restricting where I smoked also had an influence on when. I never did smoke first thing in the morning so my first when restriction was that I could not smoke until after lunch, then not until after dinner. I was restricted by workplace rules, years ago I banned myself from smoking in the car. In my own home there was only one room I smoked in (with windows open even in the middle of winter) and in the last five years I never smoked in another person's home. By March last year I was only smoking near an open doorway in one room when I drank so once I stopped drinking it was relatively easy.

Have a good weekend day peeps.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers!

A quiet morning here! Interesting development for me - last night I was quietly reading and that's a common situation when I feel a tad nostalgic for a glass of wine. Instead I had absolutely no temptation to drink. If someone had put a glass in front of me, I believe I would have happily ignored it.

Ken, from what I saw when I quit smoking, I don't think there is a single "best" method, except the one that works for you. Happy clean and healthy lungs!

Life, a belated congrats on 3 weeks! Way to go! :-)

North, I hope Toots was on the right track about your writing. Are you starting to feel better? And yes, when i read your post and read the last line first, I thought "gosh darn, I hope North didn't mention me", tee hee

That's as far as I get today - time to clean up the house again. I wouldn't mind for a few weeks but it gets mighty tiresome after awhile. The housing market seems to have gone into a bit of a slump around here...
Old 04-27-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Hey Sass -- isn't that the best feeling???? For me it's the hour or so (and often even earlier) before having guests or going out where I crave that glass. I still haven't gotten to the point where you are about not wanting it but at least I can ignore it and move on.

First polo-free Sunday of the season!!! The finals were fun, it fell on Easter this year, so it was a big party. No temptation, I just enjoyed the day. But so looking forward to not rushing home from church, getting dressed up and headed out west.

Soooooo...I chopped at least 10 inches off my hair yesterday!!!! This is what I do every few years - I let it grow, grow, grow then donate it. This is the first time my youngest has seen me with shorter hair so I told him it would grow back -- he was so upset this morning and kept saying it didn't come back - lol

Speaking of whom - he is calling me to get his bath ready so I'll check back in soon.

Good luck on the tapering, Budd!
Old 04-27-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Hi friends. I hope this finds you all well. It's early morning here, well earlish, 5 but i've been awake since 2:30.

I've taken a bit of a backwards step, don't worry, i'm sober and fully intend to remain so but I am so terribly low, sad, flat. Surely it can't be PAWS this early?! I cancelled all plans over the weekend, to be completely honest, I have barely moved from my bed.......not the right way to go about things I know.

I'm back at work today, perhaps that's what I need, back interacting with the human form again. Being single and living alone with no family and few friends on this side of the hemisphere can be terribly lonely at times. At the moment, I feel so lonely it hurts, it hurts so so much.

Well, I got nothing more to offer you folks here this morning.........other than to say that I am so incredibly thankful to know that you are all there.

I've tap tonight, that usually puts a little spring in my step so hopefully i'll return to these pages later a little brighter.

Much love.

LP x