Notices

Class of March 2013 part 27

Old 04-23-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Venus..isn't a deviated septum in the nose? I remember a friend having that and she had surgery on the bridge of her nose. I remember her having a bandage across her nose after. Her surgeon actually asked her if she wanted anything done to her nose why he was fixing that. She got a free nose job out of the deal. Nothing major but he turned it up for her a little and her bridge didn't have a bump after. Her nose and profile were amazing after. Not that it matters to you. I'm sure you just want the pain to stop. I'm so sorry.

Do they have to do other things too? I hope not. Maybe it won't take a full six weeks to feel better so you could go back to work sooner.

I'd be in the same situation. It's just me too. I'd have to go back to work right away no matter how long they said I needed off. So I guess I would have to talk to my employer and let them know I would be back at work right away but I may be half drugged for awhile. Then I would deal with the hospital bills with the hospital. I don't know if you have insurance but with the affordable care act you can't be denied or charged more for pre-existing condition now. That helped me with my stupid a-fibbing heart.

I don't know. I just wish we could think of something to help. I will keep faith with you too.
((Hug))
Old 04-23-2014, 09:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

We must have the same landlord, We. I had to take 2 unpaid days off from work to clean up HIS mess when HIS toilet water thing blew and flooded my apartment. My carpet is dry and doesn't look any different than before but I'm sure a penicillin culture is growing under there. I'm to scared to look.

I love my landlords and all and appreciate they let me paint their refrigerator turquoise and their walls every color of the rainbow and let me have my zoo but they ain't too great when something needs fixing. This place would never pass code. Let's just say you ought to see some of his electrical plumbing DIY projects. A fire will probably get me before the mold does.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you shoes, and all of you. (((hugs)))
Yes the septum is in the nose; my nose looks like it has been broken. So correcting it would straighten my nose out nicely....

I don't have health insurance, and would just need to go on the waiting list at a public hospital here. So there are no costs to worry about, and I looked up the recovery time and I think it is not as long as I was told.

BUT...my job is only a little part-time one. I am looking for more work.
To be completely honest, I need to find something else in a month or so or I will be homeless.

I made an appt with a naturopath/homeopath for next week to try and get some help with this.
I can live with the pain if I have to, so as long as I can get rid of the infection I can wait to have surgery.

I have done SO much damage to myself all of these years. There is a price to pay.

V xx
Old 04-23-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Duh..I'm an idiot. Sorry V. You are not in the U.S. Our affordable health care won't help you. Hope they have something in Melbourne that will work.

And I too have been mighty close to living in my car. Somehow it never came to that. Close though. I've been broke and I've made money. I didn't really live all that differently. I left a relationship once with just a suitcase and no job and no money. Showed up at a friends door and they let me stay with them. At the time I didn't mind. I was just happy to be free.

It helps me V to break stuff down into separate things and work on one at a time. If I look at everything all at once it can feel very overwhelming. It also makes the world not look so friendly. And that's not fair. Most things are okay and friendly in the big scheme of things.

Hang in there V. You are sober. Your story is far from over. Take it one thing or day at a time.

xoxo
Old 04-23-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you the best with the job hunt Venus.

If the waiting times there are anything like here you're talking next year anyway - would it be worth putting your name down now anyway?

D
Old 04-23-2014, 10:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm not sure Dee ~ I guess. The doc said the wait time is not very long, less than 90 days. Apparently elective surgery falls into a few different categories.

I am a huge list keeper shoes; everything is nicely broken down into workable chunks. I hope.

I just did my first assignment for Word while I am sitting here waiting for the pain killers to kick in. I was trying to distract myself. I will not take anything except Ibuprofen. And they don't seem to be helping today.

V xx
Old 04-23-2014, 10:41 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

If the Doc said 90 days he knows better than me Venus
Hope you feel better soon.

D
Old 04-23-2014, 10:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

You are/were right Dee ~ it is up to a year for some elective surgery. It's just that the Alfred breaks it down into three different categories.

And hey, pain is not fun, but I'm not hungover or sad or confused or any of those awful negatives emotions that come from drinking. So

V xx
Old 04-24-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Love you, V!
Old 04-24-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

WeHave, what a great analogy, loved it.

Miss V...........i'm so sorry that you're feeling as bad as you are, it sounds like a nightmare. I'd get back to the GP and get that referral to the Alfred ASAP. Fantastic if the home remedies or homeopathy medicine and naturopath can help but you need to get yourself on that waiting list sweetie. I hope the brufen has started to kick in for you.

Oh shoes, you do crack me up, please post a picture of your painted fridge ;0

Hello to all.

Love LP x
Old 04-24-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Good morning guys

Life, you are sounding as good as if heard in a long time, almost your old self ( by that I mean early last year when you had a good run going)

VC hon, these things are sent to sorely try us, thing is as well, it is hard to think straight and motivate yourself when you are in pain, that job of yours must be doubly difficult, being physical with the pressure of the infection in your face. My heart is with you love.

Hey Shoes, I too love that we older Sassy women scare the men, and especially here, with my English accent I am keeping them on their toes!

Wehav, I so wasn't dissing the analogy, I absolutely love it, but all the talk of bras and boobies, I just know Budd is a gibbering wreck!

Talking of wrecks, Budd, did you start looking for diving equipment yet?

DD, how's life?

Duff how are the boys now?

Any movement on the house front Sass?

North, how's things?

Mesoso, hope to see you back here soon, good to know you're still not drinking and the job is keeping you busy

Gilmer did you catch up on your schoolwork after the Breaking Bad -a-thon?

Marcher what did you do on your day off?

BB almost forgot you, congrats on shotgun hun. ( and thanks again for that rescue Dee!)

Well another busy day for me, and then tomorrow we head for New York for the weekend. So may be a little hit and miss over the next few days. Will be reading if not posting.

Love youse guys!!
Old 04-24-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Venus i've pm'd you an explanation of how the categories work. Last years figures Jan 13-Dec 13 show that 80% of patients were seen within their Urgency Category - for you semi-urgent Cat 2. 80% isn't ideal but you've got an 100% more chance of being seen if you get on the list in the first place. Hopefully time will heal and you won't need to go down the surgery route but it's been going on for a while now, just goes to prove what a strong character you are.......I think i may have lost it by now! Good on you for keeping the faith, you have the support of so many Marchers and i'm sure so many others on this site...........you are always there for everyone..........now it's time for us to lend you support through thoughts, prayers, hugs, guidance, whatever.........just know in one form or another we're there for you Miss V. xxx
Old 04-24-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

No, Toots, I have tons of reading, and it's disappointing because it's all really pedantic and boring. Not at all what I had hoped so far. in the past I have gotten behind the 8-ball and I have almost a jock-like attitude: I rise to the occasion and crank everything out for hours on end.

With this reading, I read the same sentence over and over and then I put it aside. I'll be doing that all day today!
Old 04-24-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

life ~ what a sweetheart you are!!! (((hugs)))

Category 2 is what my doc told me....so OK, I'll get her to put me on the list. At least this way I know it will happen soonish. Thank you... ♥

V xx
Old 04-24-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Love you too Gilmer! ♥♥

And you too toots ~ gosh you all are lovely to me. Really helps when I feel like crapolla.

V xx
Old 04-24-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Don't you just love SR?
Old 04-24-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Marchers, just a very quick fly-by; yet another house showing in 2 hours.

Venus, hon, my sister had a badly deviated septum and had surgery. Although her face was black and blue, I don't recall it taking long to recover. Not doing the surgery can lead to other problems as far as I understand it. I'm so sorry to hear about the job problems on top of not feeling well. Is it possible that job situation might go better if you are feeling better? *hugs*
Old 04-24-2014, 08:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning guys

BB I was shotgun once, but the responsibility was more than I could bear. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Toots, have fun in the city so nice they named it twice.

Hey Bud, did you see the snorkeling video that went viral?

Marcher and Dee, how are things down under?

Sass, hope the place goes for top dollar soon.

Life, you are doing so well and I am very proud of you.

DD, things okay in Philly? MeSo, things okay? Babs, all well in ND?

Venus, living with pain is so challenging and I admire your strength.

Duff, hope good health has returned to the family.

Shoes and Toots, you don’t scare this dude. There, the gauntlet has been thrown down. Do your worst, sisters.

Wehav, hope the twins are firm and proud, just the way you want them.

Gilmer and other Breaking Bad fans – never seen it. Big Bang Theory reruns helped get me through this winter.

Things in Northland are still 20 below our normal temps, but at least it isn’t &*^% cold. I recently received an editorial letter for my new manuscript and must have a rewrite done by June 1 so not sure how often I will post (maybe a pic here and there) but will be reading and sending big love to all Marchers. The literary career is in a valley – this is the first time I have had to do a re-write before an offer is on the table (sales of last book were very disappointing). Wish me luck, hopefully my brilliant career isn’t over yet, but if it is, I am grateful – it was a good run, longer than most.

If I failed to mention you, it's because I love you the absolute most.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello all!

Things are going well here, have the beach cleanup this Sunday and will bring my gear I bought with me to have the dive shop check it out. Still have a few more things to buy, I can do that on Sunday.

North I haven't seen the video.

Finally decided tomorrow will be day 1 of no smoking, I just posted in the 24 hour no smoking thread so I can find it easier..... I know for me, retiring my lighter will be tougher than my shot glass, but I am strong enough now to do it.

Hope you all are having a great day!
Old 04-24-2014, 12:19 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good luck, Ken!