Notices

Class of April 2014 Part 3

Old 04-18-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

^^love this story! Awesome and just goes to show u can find support when u least expect it and things so get better! I know the feeling of 'oh my gosh I feel good I feel better' and then wake in for that bad news or bad feeling, I'm hoping to break that too!
Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SolitaryThinker View Post
Thanks everyone for understanding my high anxiety levels, I'm sure some of you can relate. I'm flowing thru my work day like water and I'm excited to get off work and spend my Friday evening doing a TON of reading. And eating...
Eating... now that's a pleasure! Without all of the calories being consumed from alcohol (a good 800 each night for me) I do not feel guilty at ALL when I have dessert
Old 04-18-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by overwhelmd View Post
Eating... now that's a pleasure! Without all of the calories being consumed from alcohol (a good 800 each night for me) I do not feel guilty at ALL when I have dessert
Same!!!! My gut was all puffed out from drinking but now by day 9 I'm non puffy me again lol, so yea I have been getting into some sweetness that way. I get a free breakfast and lunch where i work during a full shift (mega perk cause I can take my lunch to go home) I have been going out of my way to bring home the salad dishes instead of the burgers and Curley fries lol, but any chocolate product left in my site is held liable to be taken, without any permission asked whatsoever 8)
Old 04-18-2014, 08:49 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Ahh.... a big bowl of buttery popcorn and a good book... my new favorite pasttime
Old 04-18-2014, 08:56 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ahh.... a big bowl of buttery popcorn and a good book... my new favorite pasttime
Ditto! I was bad too, like I'm normally 165 5-10' but when I was deep into everything, I was down to 120. It was no bueno, so honestly I'm trying to actually gain some weight anyway. I feel guilty flaunting it to anyone whom is struggling with other issues in that realm. But I was unhealthy. I would have to say my #1 thing I have been tearing apart this week was like cold cut/hero sandwiches loaded with veggies, easy and can be changed up constantly.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

If you are underweight, the more the better! Not necessarily unhealthy stuff, of course, but bring on the avocado, peanut butter, nuts and so forth. I, unfortunately, gained weight from my bad habits. But even with indulging in food, I have actually lost a little My goal now is to start exercising. I am going to try to run for 30 minutes this evening.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone! I have a hard time posting as much as I'd like to on this thread as I've been keeping really busy this week, but it's always so nice to pop back online and read everyone's updates! Really one of the highlights of each day and feels like a little family I've officially made it 18 days clean and sober and it feels GREAT! I hope everyone is still doing wonderful and hope you all have a nice Easter weekend!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

WOW! Congratulations Mrsbee!!!! Happy Easter to you, too
Old 04-18-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

If you are underweight, the more the better! Not necessarily unhealthy stuff, of course, but bring on the avocado, peanut butter, nuts and so forth. I, unfortunately, gained weight from my bad habits. But even with indulging in food, I have actually lost a little My goal now is to start exercising. I am going to try to run for 30 minutes this evening.
Indeed! Running is awesome! Also, my Girlfriend found a YouTube channel of free yoga work outs that are a half hour or hour long, always pretty cool dance music and her dog is always sleeping in every vid she films them from home.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:38 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrsbee View Post
Happy Friday everyone! I have a hard time posting as much as I'd like to on this thread as I've been keeping really busy this week, but it's always so nice to pop back online and read everyone's updates! Really one of the highlights of each day and feels like a little family I've officially made it 18 days clean and sober and it feels GREAT! I hope everyone is still doing wonderful and hope you all have a nice Easter weekend!
amazing!!!! Glad to hear that it's feeling good too! I'm half your time and it makes me want to keep going.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:47 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

ST, I've been a skeptic my whole life- still skeptical about aa, this site, etc. I question everything. God has shown me (sometimes especially thru my relentless questioning) that he is real. You can take it at face value. It's true. Or, question Him. He loves you enough to give you every answer you need. Forget the superfluous religion. Go straight for Jesus.

And on that note... My sweetie was overwhelmed and completely freaked out when I admitted the extent of my problem. Since he can tend to make things about himself, I didn't have a lot of patience for him/that. So we fought.

While waiting for a rehearsal dinner he was attending, he felt like God whispered to his heart, "I've got this. This is nothing for me. It's just like any other thing that needs to be brought to the light so I can deal with it. I'm healing both of you".

We stayed up late, talking about how aa has to do a lot of what the "church" has failed to do, how he was afraid that he would lose me to this new group. And how we want addiction of any kind- eating, alcohol, even addiction to performance(I have a close family member that I had to counsel out of suicide because of the pressure of maintaining her perfect facade-lots of outward awards and kudos for how perfect she is) -to stop with us.

We ended the conversation talking about how we agreed that coming home smelling like smoke is a small price to pay for being a part of a group that is truly(not perfectly) finding healing and freedom from alcoholism.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:49 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Surf, I'm glad you're sleeping well again. I didn't realize you taught kindergarten. That and under are my favorite age group to work with. I taught preschool for a while, and loved it. I trained to teach middle and high school, but realized I hated being there as much as the teacher as I had as the student, so I never pursued it.

Solitary, you sound so much more settled today. I'm glad you made such positive contact with those folks, and don't worry, there's no fine print.

Mariah, trust in your Mama instincts. You'll know exactly when it's time. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.

Normi, is it appropriate to wish you a happy Good Friday? I'm not sure what that holiday actually is... It sounds like you have a great day planned, I hope you enjoy it.

DancingDiva, I think the kind of cat you dreamed of being is the most significant part of your dream. A cat as fierce as a cheetah can fight it's was out of anything, just like you're strong enough and fierce enough to fight off all of the obstacles you face. I think it was a powerfully optimistic dream.

Ccam, I'm so glad you decided to officially join us. I think this group has gotten us all through some hard days and nights. It's good that you're here.

Lifetplant, I hope you're having sweet dreams, and wake up to a beautiful day.

TopSpin, I missed hearing your voice yesterday, good to see you this morning.

Happy 18 MrsBee. That's a great number, and it hope you feel proud of it.

Good morning Kitten, Overwhelmed, and Christi, I hope it's a wonderful day for you all.

I finally got some sleep, though I had to take a Valium to do it. I'd had one sitting in my drawer for years, saving it for a time that I really needed it. This was my first solid sleep in about 2 weeks, so I think that qualifies as me really needing it. I feel so much better today, like I'll be able to actually accomplish something. I don't imagine my sleep problems are over, but last night should get me through at least another few days.
17 days off of opiates now, and the only thing I'm having trouble with is sleep, so it looks like I actually got off easy. At some point every day so far it's hit me that I haven't taken any opiates, and it makes me smile big.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I think you're doing great ST! Before you know it, you'll be at 18 days too! When I had a slip last month after 14 days sober, I thought I'd never see the day where I built up more sober time than that, but signing in to the 24 hour thread here and taking it one day at a time, all of the sudden the days build up and fast! Sure, I still have mood swings here and there...when I do, they're over the silliest things, but I usually hop onto SR or take a hot bath, and luckily that really helps. That's the biggest part for me, I think, is learning how to deal with moods and feelings in healthy ways.

Keep up what you're doing, though, you're kicking some serious butt so far!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Izzy, that sounds like a really productive and positive discussion with your husband, and I hope you're feeling better about things now.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Surf, I'm glad you're sleeping well again. I didn't realize you taught kindergarten. That and under are my favorite age group to work with. I taught preschool for a while, and loved it. I trained to teach middle and high school, but realized I hated being there as much as the teacher as I had as the student, so I never pursued it.

Solitary, you sound so much more settled today. I'm glad you made such positive contact with those folks, and don't worry, there's no fine print.

Mariah, trust in your Mama instincts. You'll know exactly when it's time. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.

Normi, is it appropriate to wish you a happy Good Friday? I'm not sure what that holiday actually is... It sounds like you have a great day planned, I hope you enjoy it.

DancingDiva, I think the kind of cat you dreamed of being is the most significant part of your dream. A cat as fierce as a cheetah can fight it's was out of anything, just like you're strong enough and fierce enough to fight off all of the obstacles you face. I think it was a powerfully optimistic dream.

Ccam, I'm so glad you decided to officially join us. I think this group has gotten us all through some hard days and nights. It's good that you're here.

Lifetplant, I hope you're having sweet dreams, and wake up to a beautiful day.

TopSpin, I missed hearing your voice yesterday, good to see you this morning.

Happy 18 MrsBee. That's a great number, and it hope you feel proud of it.

Good morning Kitten, Overwhelmed, and Christi, I hope it's a wonderful day for you all.

I finally got some sleep, though I had to take a Valium to do it. I'd had one sitting in my drawer for years, saving it for a time that I really needed it. This was my first solid sleep in about 2 weeks, so I think that qualifies as me really needing it. I feel so much better today, like I'll be able to actually accomplish something. I don't imagine my sleep problems are over, but last night should get me through at least another few days.
17 days off of opiates now, and the only thing I'm having trouble with is sleep, so it looks like I actually got off easy. At some point every day so far it's hit me that I haven't taken any opiates, and it makes me smile big.
Adna, 17 days is a HUGE accomplishment!!! The fact that you have the strength to do that makes me feel like I can make it, too
Old 04-18-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
To be content

Good morning everyone!

Congrats on 18 days Mrsbee and Adamaeel a big 17, you both rock! Keep up the hard work.

Mariah thinking about you and your Yorkie today, hope you find big relief and comfort in your friends. Hugs!

ST so glad to hear you are feeling better this morning. A lot of us here have had days like your yesterday. Anxiety and depression sucks! Too bad it hits us so hard in early sobriety when we least need it. You are not alone. No shame in crying, it's good to release all that pressure and pain.

Day 4 for me., yay! I will not be able to post much this weekend. Need to focus on school work, but I know I will make it through sober and that will help me be more productive! Hope everyone can find peace and a way to cope this weekend. Cheers to bright sober days like today!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Surf, I'm glad you're sleeping well again. I didn't realize you taught kindergarten. That and under are my favorite age group to work with. I taught preschool for a while, and loved it. I trained to teach middle and high school, but realized I hated being there as much as the teacher as I had as the student, so I never pursued it. Solitary, you sound so much more settled today. I'm glad you made such positive contact with those folks, and don't worry, there's no fine print. Mariah, trust in your Mama instincts. You'll know exactly when it's time. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. Normi, is it appropriate to wish you a happy Good Friday? I'm not sure what that holiday actually is... It sounds like you have a great day planned, I hope you enjoy it. DancingDiva, I think the kind of cat you dreamed of being is the most significant part of your dream. A cat as fierce as a cheetah can fight it's was out of anything, just like you're strong enough and fierce enough to fight off all of the obstacles you face. I think it was a powerfully optimistic dream. Ccam, I'm so glad you decided to officially join us. I think this group has gotten us all through some hard days and nights. It's good that you're here. Lifetplant, I hope you're having sweet dreams, and wake up to a beautiful day. TopSpin, I missed hearing your voice yesterday, good to see you this morning. Happy 18 MrsBee. That's a great number, and it hope you feel proud of it. Good morning Kitten, Overwhelmed, and Christi, I hope it's a wonderful day for you all. I finally got some sleep, though I had to take a Valium to do it. I'd had one sitting in my drawer for years, saving it for a time that I really needed it. This was my first solid sleep in about 2 weeks, so I think that qualifies as me really needing it. I feel so much better today, like I'll be able to actually accomplish something. I don't imagine my sleep problems are over, but last night should get me through at least another few days. 17 days off of opiates now, and the only thing I'm having trouble with is sleep, so it looks like I actually got off easy. At some point every day so far it's hit me that I haven't taken any opiates, and it makes me smile big.
Im breaking out of my comfort zone and train of thought more as more every day. Asking less questions and just going with it is really doing me some justice.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:46 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mrsbee View Post
I think you're doing great ST! Before you know it, you'll be at 18 days too! When I had a slip last month after 14 days sober, I thought I'd never see the day where I built up more sober time than that, but signing in to the 24 hour thread here and taking it one day at a time, all of the sudden the days build up and fast! Sure, I still have mood swings here and there...when I do, they're over the silliest things, but I usually hop onto SR or take a hot bath, and luckily that really helps. That's the biggest part for me, I think, is learning how to deal with moods and feelings in healthy ways. Keep up what you're doing, though, you're kicking some serious butt so far!
Thank you! I'm glad you are back on track and have the strength to keep going as well! It was my first experience with that, and I am way more prepared to deal with something like that in approaching days. Thanks my butt feels kicked right now but I know I'm doing the right thing!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Adna, 17 days is a HUGE accomplishment!!! The fact that you have the strength to do that makes me feel like I can make it, too
thank you so much, I'm lucky that I have an open mind and willingness to accept anything, I feel bad for people way more stubborn then I am you know? I'm glad your doing ok today as well <3
Old 04-18-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Compass7 View Post
Good morning everyone! Congrats on 18 days Mrsbee and Adamaeel a big 17, you both rock! Keep up the hard work. Mariah thinking about you and your Yorkie today, hope you find big relief and comfort in your friends. Hugs! ST so glad to hear you are feeling better this morning. A lot of us here have had days like your yesterday. Anxiety and depression sucks! Too bad it hits us so hard in early sobriety when we least need it. You are not alone. No shame in crying, it's good to release all that pressure and pain. Day 4 for me., yay! I will not be able to post much this weekend. Need to focus on school work, but I know I will make it through sober and that will help me be more productive! Hope everyone can find peace and a way to cope this weekend. Cheers to bright sober days like today!
Yea I am feeling great today concidering. It wasn't that I'm ashemed as much as like it took a decent amount of reading kind words to me and thinking to get it out of me. Almost like I'm so used to just pushing it down every time I get sad. I let it out and it felt really good.