Notices

The 24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet, Part 50, All Are Welcome!

Old 04-05-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

The 24 Hour Club Sign Up Sheet, Part 50, All Are Welcome!

Last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...elcome-21.html

Congrats on 50 threads guys

D
Old 04-05-2014, 03:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you are just joining us Glad you are here! What we do here is sign up
and commit to 24 hours clean and sober.

This club provides a way to be accountable to others and makes it harder
to pick up and use when we have made that commitment before others.

Just post your local time and commit and come back everyday!

Please sign in only once daily as this is mainly a commitment sheet. A
list to make up our final roster.Thanks!

Welcome to our Newest Members-
nopartygirl - Taproot -livin14 -
navigatorrs -JohnnySober -Discovery14 - DancingDiva

Congratulations!

Goldcoastgirl 1 week!
nopartygirl 1 week!
KimsFriend 2 weeks!
FortWorthsober 3 weeks!
adams 3 weeks!
hiddenzebra 3 weeks!
George3334 4 weeks!
Discovery14 30 days!
Gakx 30 days!
Macs1978 1 month!
ChloeRose63 2 months!
rove27 3 months!

Anniversaries listed are based on consecutive days clean and sober from 1-4 weeks, 1-12
months and years and months. If I missed yours, please send me a pm and I will update
asap.

If you slipped please come back No Matter What!

Thank You venuscat who is works behind the scenes Congratulating our Celebrants from all
of us at the 24 Hour Club for reaching these great milestones!

Roster will be posted at about 5 hours from now at 10 pm EST USA 4/5.

The 24 Hour Club!

I started the 24 Hour Club Thread 1 year ago on April 5th, 2013 when I had less than
4 months clean and sober. I believe I missed 2 days posting when I was in the hospital
and so many of you stepped up and offered your services. That was beautiful!

It has grown so much in that time and has been a major tool in maintaining my sobriety.

It's probably the first thing in my life that I started and didn't quit after 2 months. Little did I
know then that it would grow to the point that I actually needed volunteers to help.

Thank You to Miss venuscat, Miss Carlotta, Miss calico, and Miss Tempebrenn for taking turns
with the roster this last year. We appreciate you all! And to those who offered!

I am thankful for all of you for signing in and making it a success. You have all played a major
role in the recovery of this messed up alcoholic and addict.

But this is not about me, it's about us. It's about the ones who sign in and keep that commitment
even when they are hanging on by a thread. (no pun intended)

It's a Celebration of us! Thank You for keeping the 24 Hour Club Thread alive. Without you this
thread would have died out a long time ago. I hope it has helped you as much as it has helped me.

If you would like to see the very 1st 24 Hour Club post on April 5th, 2013. Click on link below.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-up-sheet.html

And last but not least Cascabel, BuddinK, Carlotta, Coldfusion, LDT, bloss and Heartfan82 were
among the first people to sign in on April 5th 2013 who are still with us today. They kept coming
back No Matter What!

BuddinK and Carlotta rarely if ever have missed a single day checking in over the last 365 days! Way
to go BuddinK and Carlotta! Thank You all for starting on this journey with me! And for all those who
have joined us since!

For those who have left SR we pray for your safe return and hope you have found and or have
maintained your sobriety. God Bless!

Happy Birthday 24 Hour Club!!!

Song For The Day - Happy Birthday!!! by The Beatles

Thank you for all the kind comments thus far!! We couldn't have done it without you!

Attn: if ever unable to find 24 hour club in the future, click on Search near top of page
and type In Newcomer Daily Support Threads and click go. This is Part 50! God Bless!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cool!! Happy birthday 24 hour club. I'll take 24 more. Please. 4:35 pm north salt lake
Old 04-05-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yay!!! Go the 24'ers we mean business, for the next 24 hours I pledge to be sober, thanks to everyone especially The Deek and volunteers who make this a place I wouldn't be without xx 23.42 xx
Old 04-05-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday 24 hour club, THANKS DEEKER !!!!! You Rock! .....Gratefully and humbly in for another 24. LA, CA 3:45 pm.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Signing in for another 24 from sunny Tucson, AZ. CR
Old 04-05-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Another 24 hours for me please, 6:55pm here . Checking in here for this is becoming one of my favorite parts of my day!
Old 04-05-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

24 more in CA 1721
Old 04-05-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Happy birthday ! Another 24 hours for me pls, its 10:32am here
Old 04-05-2014, 06:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

WOW. I had no idea.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 24 Hour Club! You keep me honest and committed. Thanks to Deek and everyone here who signs in, and thereby supports the rest of us. Prayers for all.

May I please have 24 more at 9:17 pm in the low country.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm in for 24 more. Some rough AV moments. Still with you guys. 2034 hrs Central Time. Oklahoma
Old 04-05-2014, 06:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

24 more....getting in just under the gun....I hope....thanks
Old 04-05-2014, 07:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

24 Hour Club Sign up Sheet Part 50, All Are Welcome!

Hello Everyone! Hope everyone is well! Won't you please join us in a simple
commitment to stay clean and sober for the next 24 Hours? Just post your
local time!

Please sign onto this thread just once a day as this is a list that will make up
our Daily Roster. Thank You!

Also Thank You for all your kind comments on the Birthday of the 24 hour club!

Welcome To Our Newest Members-
nopartygirl - Taproot -livin14 -
navigatorrs -JohnnySober -Discovery14 - DancingDiva -JJ1982

Congratulations!

w2r 1 week!
Mrsbee 1 week!
Holli 1 week!
Chasingthedream 1 week!
GentleSoul 2 weeks!
Addi 2 weeks!
Try18 2 weeks!
Tempebrenn 2 weeks!
LadyBug2 2 weeks!
toddle118 30 days!
Levitz 9 months!
Bubovski 11 months!

grtgrampa 28 YEARS WOOHOOO!

Did I miss your special day? Please send me a pm with your date or updated
clean/sobriety date. This is a club of honesty and accountability. I believe
being honest and accountable will help you succeed.

Thank You Miss vensucat for the work you are doing behind the scenes personally
Congratulating our Celebrants on behalf of the 24 hour club!.

Would ya look at who all signed in over the last 24 hours since 10 pm EST
USA 4/4. Amazing! This list is now closed.

Roster is presented to you by Miss calico!! Thanks again Miss calico for your service!

1newcreation
Aarryckha
abcowboy
adams
Addi
adee
AG2013
Alysheba
Arbor8
aussieblue
BarbieKen
Beanie25
Blueyesgrn
bloss
BradJustBrad
BuddinK
calico
CAPTAINZING2000
Cara39
Carlotta
Cascabel
ChloeRose63
ChrissieB
Coldfusion
DancingDiva
deeker
Discovery14
Elseware
erfra7
ForMeForThem
FortWorthsober
Gakx
gleefan
Goat
Goldcoastgirl
grtgrandpa
HDrosebud
Holli
huntingtontx
IWLSAST
jat14
JJ1982
joyousone
Justadude
Kaneda8888
kellbell123
Kiya
Kris47
liberated
Lucy777
Macs1978
Marcher13
Marjoram
Marymacsmith
Mountainmanbob
MrFixit63
MrG
Mrsbee
MythicPhoenix
nonna11
nopartygirl
Odelle
Raider
Rar
rove27
shi
simplenoteasy
SnoozyQ
SoberLeigh
Takoda
Tang
Taproot
Tempebrenn
Tetra
tgirl
tootsl1
tornrealization
trudgingagain
Vandermast
venuscat
wehav2day
yukonm
ZeldaFan
Zencat
zeppodog

Everyone can now sign in again for the next 24 hours. Roster will be posted 24
hours from now at 10 pm EST 4/6 USA .

Google USA Eastern Standard Time to see how your local time translates.

I've asked "least" to share her story with us. She has been sober since Dec 8th, 2009
and has been helping others at SR ever since! If you are unable to read it all right now,
please come back later when you can. I really think you will be inspired!

My Story by least

I didn't think I could make it sober one whole year.... but here I am, 59 yrs old and happily sober since December 8, 2009.

I never drank in high school in the sixties. I was an 'oddball' who was busy smoking pot with the only people who would have me - the hippies/ long hairs. It wasn't till after high school that I tried drinking. Wow! And it was legal! From the start I drank to get drunk, no social drinking for me. I wanted the high, the escape. I did ok for a few years but then started drinking too much and blacking out, doing ridiculous and dangerous things. I (barely) remember one party I went to, many years ago. I came home from that party wrapped in a blanket. To this day I don't know what I did or what happened to my clothes or who took me home. Ugh.

Fast forward a few more years and I was in AA, living sober and doing much better. From that point on (in my thirties) I was a non-drinker. Just didn't want it anymore.

Then back in March of 07 I started having just one glass of wine to 'relax' before the kids got home from high school. So I'd be calm and not 'engage' youngest kid when she started a fight. That glass of wine really did the trick.... all too well... and within a matter of months I was drinking all day, every day. I'd had so many years sober and just walked right back into that steel-jawed leghold trap...

I got addicted to wine so quickly it scared me. But I still drank. I drank to the exclusion of taking care of myself, my dogs, and my home. I wasn't paying bills and got into debt over never having enough money for necessary expenses cause I was spending it on wine. One to three bottles a day.

I thought I was 'ok' cause I was drinking at home alone - whom was I hurting?? My daughters were still in high school and they were very hurt by my drinking, especially my one daughter cause I'd picked her up from school several times obviously drunk. I prided myself on drinking at home so I wasn't driving drunk... but the truth is, I WAS driving drunk, either when picking up my kids or when going to get more wine. What an idiot. I was lying to myself and believing it, all evidence to the contrary.

It was in the fall of 07 that I first noticed that I was waking up with the shakes really bad and had to give up my usual coffee cause it made the anxiety so awful. I started having a glass of wine (or two or three) in the morning to quell the awful anxiety. If I didn't have any wine I'd pace the house until 8 am when the store opened up and I could get another bottle. At that point I started to realize I was going thru withdrawals EVERY DAMN MORNING!! I knew deep down I'd dug myself into a hole, but was still digging it deeper. I was drinking to 'medicate' my depression and anxiety but was only making it worse...

Finally in December 07 I admitted to my shrink that I was an alcoholic and wanted to stop drinking. I also called my dad and told him my problem. He was quite understanding and didn't condemn me, just encouraged me to get help to stop. But I couldn't stop, rather, I couldn't STAY sober. I'd get a few days sober, then drink to quell the anxiety. Then I felt like crap and hated myself for my weakness. I was sent to rehab/detox by our local substance abuse center - not once, but three times in the first six months of 08. Always started drinking again afterward. I felt like a complete loser and hated myself and wanted to die just to escape my miserable life.

I'd get a bit of sober time... days, weeks, months - then relapse. Over and over again. I was seeing an addiction counselor as a requirement for being sent (for free) to rehab. But I still drank. The longest I managed to stay sober was nearly six months... but relapsed for two horrible days in December 09, last year. I woke up after drinking for two days, sick as hell and thinking I was going to die. I wanted to die just to end my miserable existence. I went thru the w/d cold turkey cause I was too ashamed to go back to the ER and admit yet another failure.

I must have had an epiphany at that point cause somehow I managed to stay sober - out of sheer stubbornness, if nothing else. I took it one day at a time and stubbornly stayed sober. I was sober but still miserable. At some point in those first few months I started forcing myself to be grateful for my blessings. I made myself be grateful every day. Started posting on the Gratitude forum every day. And whaddaya know? It became a habit! A good healthy habit that filled the void in my soul that alcohol used to fill.

I started to deliberately practice kindness too, a little kindness to someone every day. I was starting to feel better, more human, and not hating myself all the time. It was around four-to-six months sober that I realized that I didn't have the desire to drink anymore. I felt so free!! Now I was staying sober cause I wanted to stay sober and not just from being stubborn. I started feeling happy again and content with my lot in life.

Now I'm living a life better than I'd ever dreamed possible. Still have the same ol' problems, but now I handle them a lot better, with maturity and acceptance and determination. I take better care of myself, and especially my beloved dogs. My kids respect me again and trust me again. I pay my bills on time and in full.

There were so many times in early recovery that I wanted to just give up and drink myself to death, figuring my life was a waste anyway. But with the support of my wonderful addiction counselor, and the caring supportive people here at SR I kept on staying sober. I didn't give up. And now I'm rewarded every single day for my strength and determination. I used to be horribly depressed and suicidal, now I'm happy joyous and free! I still have bouts of bad depression, but nothing like it used to be.

To those just starting out, or starting over, I will say this: NEVER give up on yourself. Keep trying. Keep on trying until you 'get it' or die - cause one or the other will eventually happen. I am enjoying my life for the first time in years. A better life IS possible if you just don't give up!

To the members here at SR: I LOVE YOU ALL AND AM SO GRATEFUL FOR YOUR LOVING SUPPORT AND THE OCCASIONAL A**KICKING WHEN I NEEDED IT! My hugs and deepest gratitude to you all.

*Song For The Day- Waitin' on the Wonderful - Aaron Lines

If ever unable to locate 24 Hour Club in the future click on Search near top of
page and type in Newcomer Daily Support threads and click GO! This is Part 50!
God Bless!
Old 04-05-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

24 more please
Old 04-05-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Rar

Awesome and inspiring testimony Least. . Please sign me up for 24 more. 10:45 pm. EST.
Old 04-05-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

. Least for sharing your story with us, I can relate to quite a bit. My nightly wine drinking didn't "hurt other people" either!! . I, too, isolated and drank home. All the secrets I kept....kept me drinking too.

Well, this is the time that I check in for my next 24 hours of recovery. Bobbi 7:55pm
Old 04-05-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm in for another 24 hours at almost 11 pm.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you Least! That as a very inspiring story, God Bless!
I signed up today, but since I am here, another 24 please:-) NY 11:07pm

Last edited by rove27; 04-05-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 04-05-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Closing the gates of Oblivion

Dangit, I missed the birthday cake. Well, then I'll have to get my own tomorrow and blow out one candle for us all. Also, means I'll have to eat all of it...I accept the challenge! 6

Signing in for another 24 hours, thanks.

2234 in Oklahoma.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Count me in for 24 more please. CA 8:36PM.