Notices

Class Of March 2014 Part 7

Old 04-01-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks kimsfriend, as I copied and pasted it I forgot my name and hers were on there so Dee rightfully removed it...am ok now, she sent more but I deleted them without reading them, hopefully she'll leave me alone now until I can block her again (48 hours) x
Old 04-01-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hey Sparkos!
KimsFriend here.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:18 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
Thanks kimsfriend, as I copied and pasted it I forgot my name and hers were on there so Dee rightfully removed it...am ok now, she sent more but I deleted them without reading them, hopefully she'll leave me alone now until I can block her again (48 hours) x
I have found that ignoring messages over phone/ computer is the quickest way to shut down irrational arguments.

I am sorry you are dealing with that. I don't know the details- but it sounds like a whole lot of immature jealousy to me. You are doing great!!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks hun, I ignored it for ages and just woke up and thought who is she to judge me? Whats more I didnt even ask to see them! Ignoring is the best way to go I agree, so I took a deep breath and smoked 3 cigarettes (not all at once lol) and let the feelings flow over me. I will not give in to that AV!!!

Old 04-01-2014, 03:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a great attitude all round toddle

D
Old 04-01-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

New home roll-call.

Sparkos. Present, correct and sober.
KimsFriend. Present, correct and sober.
Toddle 118. Present, correct and sober.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

He he, im not sure about correct but Im here and sober! x
Old 04-01-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by toddle118 View Post
He he, im not sure about correct but Im here and sober! x
Yeah- right?? Must be a language barrier! Bc anyone who knows me wouldn't add "correct" lol!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Okay I made it through the night it was a little bit rough and I made it I did not feel very well at all but now I do that made my day 14 today.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Way to go MrFixIt- TWO WEEKS!!! You are awesome!!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:48 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thats great MrFixit, you can do it! Im struggling too, but I remember what all the gang on here say, things will get better, spose we just have to ride it through! 2 weeks is great though

Old 04-01-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sparkos View Post
Sparkos. Present, correct and sober.
KimsFriend. Present, correct and sober.
Toddle 118. Present, correct and sober.
Nonna11, Present and sober and close to 1 month (lp acting up best I can do right now or just add me, thanks}
Old 04-01-2014, 06:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Toddle it's hard to believe that trying to be sober would make you feel so sick.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I know, all the baddies are coming out and the body is adjusting to that, mine is more mental than physical now, uurgh never mind, its temporary, just have to stick it out!!! We'll do it!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

CaliChris: Present, correct and sober.

Good morning. This is April Fool's day, don't let your AV fool you today (or any day for that matter.)

Day 22. Last night was a bit tough but not as tough as last week. Working out those sober muscles!

Love and hugs to you all and congratulations everyone on their milestones!
-Chris
Old 04-01-2014, 06:56 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm on Day 17. Dealing with habit adjustment. I am continuing to look forward! But I have to glance back periodically and remember how miserable I was in my unsober state. It makes me all the more grateful for my sobriety!
Old 04-01-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

You the football team that everybody knows is going to lose every game that's how I feel about myself and I also feel that's what everyone else thinks and sees.. I was riding my golf cart around at the campground somebody made it apparent they were scared that I was going to run into their car and I said don't worry I quit drinking and they laughed for an hour.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

New thread. I'm happy to see all the old regulars have found us - and welcome to the newcomers.

Last night I could not stop crying at an AA meeting. @#$! that seriously pisses me off. I think it's a combination of feeling like I'm in some cult that I have to follow to the letter or get shunned and the fact that I have no family at all and right now I'm without a close friend - other than you guys. I REALLY do not like being called on to 'share' in meetings. If I don't talk, everyone asks if I'm okay? How the eff do I know? Give me a break, people.

Okay, so I have a resentment. Or a thousand. Mayhaps they will go away at some point. Too many meetings lately, I think. I remember thinking in the past that people gave up alcohol and then got obsessed with AA. I'm confused.

I'm also apparently not in the best mood today. *lesigh*
Old 04-01-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
New thread. I'm happy to see all the old regulars have found us - and welcome to the newcomers.

Last night I could not stop crying at an AA meeting. @#$! that seriously pisses me off. I think it's a combination of feeling like I'm in some cult that I have to follow to the letter or get shunned and the fact that I have no family at all and right now I'm without a close friend - other than you guys. I REALLY do not like being called on to 'share' in meetings. If I don't talk, everyone asks if I'm okay? How the eff do I know? Give me a break, people.

Okay, so I have a resentment. Or a thousand. Mayhaps they will go away at some point. Too many meetings lately, I think. I remember thinking in the past that people gave up alcohol and then got obsessed with AA. I'm confused.

I'm also apparently not in the best mood today. *lesigh*
So sorry you had that experience Bimini. Maybe you can weigh how much you want to (or don't want to) talk to people with how much you feel you need an AA meeting at any given time? Don't know what the magic formula is it can vary from one day to the next and we are all different. Most importantly you are here expressing how you feel. That makes a difference!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:26 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MrFixit63 View Post
You the football team that everybody knows is going to lose every game that's how I feel about myself and I also feel that's what everyone else thinks and sees.. I was riding my golf cart around at the campground somebody made it apparent they were scared that I was going to run into their car and I said don't worry I quit drinking and they laughed for an hour.
MrFixit, I am so grateful you are here with us! If they laughed at your not drinking that is their problem (and very inconsiderate). They could be jealous actually and that is their defense mechanism, who knows! Either way it does not affect the person you are which is an amazing person who is working on making themselves the best they can be! Thanks for being here and sharing!!