Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 22

Old 04-14-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by PeanutButterCup View Post
"Drop the damn fork!"
Now that is a keeper!!! I will be using that one.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Editor

Man...I cant keep up with my new class....I missed stopping in yesterday and had to read 9 pages to see what everyone is doing....I must be getting old. I dont have the energy anymore...I love contributing...but I am.....busy and tired. This work thing is for the birds....but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Keep on being lovely
peace
Dave
Old 04-15-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
orangutan

day 61
Old 04-15-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Aussie!

D
Old 04-15-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Yay, Aussie!!!!! How are you feeling lately? Are you noticing any positive effects of living sober?

I get it, Dave. I've pretty much given up on my other group. It's okay ... I have you all and you're pretty much fabulous.

My AA meeting today was pretty awesome, too. Our topic was on resentment, and people in that group are so transparent and intelligent and really working hard to succeed at this. We had 3 birthdays today -- a 1 year, a 4 year, and a 7 year. The guy who made 4 years is expecting his first child and is so inspiring to hear talk about what sobriety has meant in his life. The girl who made her first year is the first person in that group who I connected with, so I owe her gratitude for my sobriety, too.

The resentment topic was pretty powerful. One of the things I realize is that my resentments/annoyances/frustrations start surfacing and multiplying when my connections to God and to that group get lax. Every time. If I find myself getting annoyed easily, and if I take the time to consider it, I will ALWAYS notice that my prayer life, my Bible reading, or my meetings have gone by the wayside a bit. Those connections help me maintain perspective. When I lose that perspective, I start sweatin' lots of small stuff. Interesting, right?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:46 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
orangutan

PBC, I am up and down, mostly it's moods I am dealing with last week was a shocker but today is good. Getting plenty of exercise and I always feel the benefits of that ( clears my head).

Dave I had the same problem with the bigger groups and left, I am much more comfortable here with my mates.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have to say a little in defense of other groups.

Sometimes it's not easy to keep up, but if I can keep up with all of them, more or less, day in day out, you guys should be ok too.

Don't cut off an avenue of support if you need it - don't stint on your recovery..time spent on that is never wasted

D
Old 04-15-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey!!! It's Frances's BIRTHDAY!!!!

:day
Old 04-15-2014, 05:25 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Birthday Frances 7:

D
Old 04-16-2014, 09:56 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Oh thank you for the belly button birthday wishes!

We went on a big hike and my little dog got to go swimming in a chilly pond.

On the other groups, I hear what Dee is saying. There's a certain wisdom in COMMITTING to something in our sobriety, especially in the early days. Making a habit of checking in, every day, is a good habit. That said, I LOVE HAVING ALL OUR MARCHERS HERE.

Great insights on resentments PBC, please keep sharing!

Oh Rosie, I completely agree with what Mirage said. When we share hard stuff, it comes across as strength because we're being honest with our marcher friends. So please keep sharing.

All's good, SUNSHINE after a little snow this morning. I fought each mile on my run, with the biting wind, but it's done.

Smooches to all!
Old 04-16-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Guess what today is?

My 7 Month Sobriety Birthday!!!! Woo-hooooooooooo!!!

Old 04-16-2014, 03:23 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Editor

Yeah!!!!!!birthdays and anniversarys...I love it!!!

Dee...I still check in....Just getting busier at work than I was in 2011 and Galagon 2004 in the Arcade is taking up 90 % of my free time!!!

I am beginning to think I have an Arcade problem.

Peace my friends
Dave
Old 04-16-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats again PBC

good to have you back Frances

hey Dave
D
Old 04-16-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
orangutan

Happy Birthday Frances

Congratulations PBC
Old 04-16-2014, 04:21 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Easter everyone

D
Old 04-16-2014, 09:02 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
orangutan

HAPPY EASTER everyone.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Crazy Australians are 3 days ahead of us, I always forget that. Happy Easter to the Aussies!! lol

Congrats, PBC! That's awesome!

Glad you've been feeling better, aussie. Always remember, the whole "this too, shall pass" thing. Ride it out, don't drink. You're doing so great. Your avi is too cute.

Haha, Dave..I forgot how much I rocked at Breakout. I forget about the arcade, I'll have to revisit it.

My kids (students) were NUTS yesterday. I hope today is better. I finished a book last night that I started in August. Ha! I bought it at Hemmingway's house in Key West, and started it, but never finished it. Now I'm thinking I might go to the library and get a couple classics and see if I can't get into one.

Having Easter dinner at D's mom's on Saturday. We think we're gonna skip hiding baskets and eggs for our kids this year. They're fine with it. They're a bit old. I'll get them a card with a few bucks inside and some candy. Oh I don't know, that sounds so depressing. I might be forced to hide the basket at least. I can hold off on the egg hunt.

Dee, I LOVE that avi. Oh man, it makes me giggle whenever I see it.

Have a great day, all!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL thanks Mirage

D
Old 04-17-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I love it, too, Dee! So funny!

Mirage, we don't hide eggs anymore, either. We still make them, though, because Easter breakfast HAS to include deviled eggs that are stained from the dye. We still fill baskets with candy and presents, though. I have no idea what we'll get them this year ... it's harder now that we have a son-in-law. Guys don't like bikinis and makeup and jewelry as much. Go figure.

So I pray every morning, kind of a "3rd step" prayer. I say something like, "Thank you, Father, for keeping me sober for another day. Today I ask you to take away my desire to drink, and fill me instead with a desire to know Your will and to do Your will. Help me to stop and listen so I don't miss it when You speak." And I believe He's granted me that.

Today I was doing a meeting after a regular meeting, the kind where I teach new people what to do to get started lose weight. Everyone else had left, and it was just me and a new woman. In the course of the conversation, a wine issue came up. From what she said, it truly wasn't a big deal. But I felt VERY much called to confess my alcoholism to her, so I gathered my courage and did. She teared up. I believe there's a lot more to it than what she originally told me. We talked for a little while about it, and I told her that I'd been afraid to tell anyone because I was afraid they'd judge me, but then I had no one to help me. She's a professor. She hugged me and took my phone number. I have no idea what, if anything, will come of it, but at least she knows someone to call if she decides that she DOES need a little help, and she knows I won't think poorly of her. It was definitely a God moment.

If anything, I hope I planted a seed. I hope she sees that anyone can have this issue, and that there is healing and hope apart from judgement.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:32 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Oh, and

HAPPY EASTER

to our friends down under!!!