Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 22

Old 04-12-2014, 05:56 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Speaking of weighing in, D bought me a banana cream pie from Big Boy last and holy crap!! It's sooooo good! I'm gonna go ahead and just think that among the pies in the pie family, this particular pie is one of the least in calories. It's what I choose to believe.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Bananas are power foods, and cream is a dairy. It's all good.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

BTW, I weighed in this morning for the 93rd consecutive month at or below my goal. Woot!

November will be 100 months, if my calculations are correct. I'm going to plan some sort of a cool gift for myself ... maybe a piece of jewelry or something like that.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I like the way you think.

Congrats, PBC, that's awesome! I weigh less than I used to, but I'm heavier than I think I should be. I actually don't generally eat too badly, but I don't exercise. I need to work harder.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:02 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'm here. I'm not drinking. That is the best I can say, so I don't say anything usually.

Yes, I do know that it is good that I am not drinking. Especially since a part of me wants to just get drunk and stay that way until I die.

I joined the Feb '14 group, and they all seem like great people, but I can't keep them straight, and now they all know each other and it's my own fault that I don't feel like I belong.

It is too hard to share the pain and misery that is my life. I don't like to put out too many personal details, and it keeps me isolated, even here.

I'm sure I'll wish I didn't post this, but there it is.

At least you know I'm sober!
Old 04-12-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure why you think anyone wouldn't be glad you posted that Rosie.

I think the thing with the bigger threads is you have to stick with it. The Feb group is much smaller and slower moving now - why not give it a second chance? or post more regularly here?

Isolation, or thinking noone wants to hear 'your stuff', just makes things worse in my experience?

D

Last edited by Dee74; 04-12-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Rosie, I'm glad you're not drinking, but I'm also sad to hear that you've got so much pain wearing on you right now. I know I can't make it better, so I won't try, but know that you are being prayed for right this very minute.

You matter to us!

And I get it about the other groups. I post in the September '13 group, which is when I stopped drinking this last time, but I'm no where near as connected there as I feel here. There is something special about our little band of friends. And you'll ALWAYS be one of us.

Here - this has always been a good one:
Grease-We go together HQ - YouTube
Old 04-13-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, Rosie! I'm glad you're sober, I'm sorry you're not well. Wish we could do more for you. Big hugs.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:33 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RosieTheRiveter View Post
I'm here. I'm not drinking.
Should have ended here, knew I'd regret posting.

Thanks for the prayers and kind words, you all truly are the best!
Old 04-13-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I don't get the regretting posting, Rosie. You didn't divulge anything overly personal, don't worry about it. It's ok to let people know you're not doing great. Hang in there!
Old 04-13-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I agree with Mirage, Rosie, and I'm sorry if I said anything that made you feel uncomfortable.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Editor

Doing a drive by checkin...All is good here.... beautiful weather and fun in the sun this weekend. Wow PBC that is quite an accomplishment!!!Congrats!!!!
I am a rollercoaster on my weight issue and my GP keeps telling me that it is not good on my bod but I continue to drop and gain...I will figure it out one day.
Peace
Dave
Old 04-13-2014, 02:43 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
orangutan

Rosie , I tried another group too but couldn't keep up with that many people, just post here , we are your long time group and always here for you.
Hugs and love from Australia.
Old 04-13-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, you are all great! And, of course I am always grateful for prayers and good thoughts, you all are in mine daily.

No, I was embarrassed for whining and complaining. Especially since, at this point, given my H's lack of employment, our debt and my ongoing health issues, I am not in a position to do anything about it.

I am happy to report that I am continuing to get healthier and stronger, though the Lyme and Babesia (and something else, can't remember) are still wreaking havoc throughout my body and brain.

I am taking a ton of supplements and alternative remedies and it is all helping; just praying for a cure, or at least enough health so that I can train for a job and work to support myself - without that I am trapped here in this very bad/unhealthy/emotionally abusive relationship, the stress of which keeps me sicker, so it is a vicious cycle.

Hoping this further explanation will help, though it reads to me that I am just complaining, again. Gets tiresome without action!

Thank you for welcoming me and caring about me, it means more than I can possibly convey

You all rock!
Old 04-14-2014, 04:07 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Rosie, I'm glad to hear you're getting stronger, and I will pray that you find the perfect job and that it provides you with the income you need to be free.

I did a whole lot of nuthin' this weekend. Really. I was a complete slug, but I do think my cold is on the way out. I feel better this morning than I did, which is good because I have to be all peppy and funny and on my game for my meetings today. A sick me is a boring me, which makes a lackluster meeting, which affects a lot of people.

I hope you all have a great day!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Sending love to all with listening ears and hugging arms

Halfway to Maine for a short vaca, woot!!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Have fun, Frances!
Old 04-14-2014, 02:10 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

You're a good person for that job, PBC. It really suits you. I don't think I could "turn it on" like that. I'm not nearly bubbly or positive enough. I'd be like, "Welcome to Weight Watchers. Now get off your a**es and stop eating so much." Ok, maybe not EXACTLY those words, but still. I couldn't do the peppy/inspiring thing. I can do my 'I'm patient and nothing gets to me' act when I teach, but I think that's the extent of my desire to be pleasing. lol I'm such a scrooge. It always amazes me though, how there's someone for every job and someone for everyone. Thank goodness we're all different. It truly helps the world function more productively. What am I going on about?! Carry on.

I understand better, Rosie. Just remember it sounds more like whining and complaining to you, than it does us. No worries.

Have fun in Maine, frances! Glad you checked in, Dave! Keep up the good work, aussie! Hey hey dee dee! We are thinking about you, Lofty!
Old 04-14-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
orangutan

Rosie, haven't you been reading my posts? I am the whiner here and they still let me come. LOL.

Frances have fun at Maine.

PBC get well.

Mirage, LOL I could just see you as weight watchers trainer,
"Now get of your a**es and stop eating so much"

That's right I have nothing better to do today.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Mirage, there was a fairly recent (2011) interview with our founder, Jean Nidetch, who was 87 at the time. She's always been a brash Brooklyn girl - she doesn't pull punches, and she's completely hilarious, which has endeared her to millions over the years. In the article, she says the same thing she's said for years. Here's a clip:

"Though she has slowed a bit from her younger years, Nidetch is still feisty as ever, and is blunt when she boils down her advice to dieters: "Drop the damn fork!" she says."

Ha ha! Sometimes I say that (in my own words) to myself!

Here's a link to the article, if anyone's interested:
Weight Watchers Founder Jean Nidetch, 87, Still Keeps The Pounds Off

So maybe you and Aussie have it totally correct!

As for me, I am completely energized and healed when I'm leading my wonderful people. When I finished my meetings today, I was exhausted. During them, though, I felt wonderful.