Notices

Class of March 2011 Part 22

Old 04-04-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

She texted me last night and said it was 86 and sunny there. I texted her back and said that I was going to wear all her clothes while she was gone.

You went there, Mirage? Cool! My favorite part is that the school colors are the same as her high school's are.

Yay for good billing weeks, Frances! $$$!

Our weekend is quiet, too. Dd13 is off with friends at the moment, so dh and I have a dinner date planned. Tomorrow morning I have my meeting, and tomorrow night our granddaughter is staying over, just for fun.

Sunday church, and I'm having coffee with a friend afterward. Another meeting in the evening ... we're watching a movie. It should be cool!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad you and the hubby had a good week, frances!

Yep, class of '91. I like to go back when I can, in the fall. I drive the boys around, show em my dorm, apartment, the student center, etc. We go to the bookstore and I get a sweatshirt. I like to hit Bilbos for a salad and cheesy breadsticks. We went this fall. I have a friend who stayed there after college and lives there, still, so I go to visit her and make her go to campus. haha. My boys like to tease me with rolling eyes and "yes Mom..we see your dorm" comments. lol It's just so beautiful there in the fall, I don't have to tell you that. Anyway. I hope she loves it.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Dh and I shopped ... we got little A a new toy for our house and an outfit to go home in on Sunday. So far, every time she's come over we've sent her home in new clothes. It's a fun tradition that dh really wants to end but I don't.
Old 04-05-2014, 06:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Editor

Good Morning All!!!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...I am on call..so I am stuck at the house...but I am feeling good...K is on board with me this time around and I feeling really good...I hope she hangs in there long enough to feel how good it feels...definitely makes it easier on me....but my issues are my issues and I blame them on no one else. I am growing up I think...at least older
Thank you for leaving the light on frances...yall are some of my best friends I have ever had...yall honestly care about me and I honestly care about all of you...you dont find that everyday! I am proud to say that all of you are my friends.

Peace
Dave
Old 04-05-2014, 09:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

(((((Marchers))))))

Old 04-05-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Love you, Dave!!

(I love that tradition, pbc. )
Old 04-05-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
orangutan

Big group hug for the Marchers. Stick around for the ride Dave we are all mates here, to watch out for each other.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Oh, and Dave..on the K thing. It's great when our spouses are on board, but you're right..it's still your life and your journey. Don't get discouraged if she starts drinking again. I think you'll find that if you stay sober..that over time, drinking won't be as appealing to her and she'll quit (or cut way down or whatever) on her own. So try not to get sucked into the 'well if she's gonna drink, I may as well drink' mentality. You're actually doing both of you a lot of good if just you stay sober. She'll get there, she'll follow your lead. And ya know what? Even if she doesn't, your life will be better and healthier for it. You can't lose. There are times when you'll feel like you're losing, but you're not. So be quiet.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Editor

Thank You Mirage!!! The voice of reason.

On another note...You know that I have been in the medical field a long time...What the heck is a Thumbkin???
Are you being treated in the land of OZ?
Great now I have the lollipop guild in my head.....
It is gonna be a long day...
Peace
Dave
Old 04-06-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Haha, your thumb! It's an old children's nursery rhyme/song, and you pantomime it with your hands, making each finger talk to the other hand's finger.
"Where is thumbkin, where is thumbkin?
Here I am..here I am..
How are you today, sir?
Very well, I thank you..
Run away, run away.."

Then you do it for Pointer, Tall man, Ring man, Pinkie and the family. Be careful when you do tall man.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:03 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
orangutan

day 53
Old 04-07-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Aussie is a SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!!

Wahooooooooooooooieeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:57 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Editor

Woot woot for Aussie!!!!!
Old 04-07-2014, 07:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
orangutan

Husband is not drinking it is sooooo much easier.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fantastic aussie

D
Old 04-08-2014, 05:18 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Dang girl, you're ROCKIN this! I'm glad your husband is on board. His body is thanking him, too. How is he feeling? Do you guys talk about it at all? Waking up sober still hasn't gotten old to me. I'm still a bit in awe of it. I actually think I might be a morning person. I never knew before, cuz I was still buzzed most mornings, or I slept through em. I thought I was a night owl..turns out I had a drinking problem. lol I should coin that. haha

Guess what I'm doing today? You'll never guess. Ok, I'll tell you. I'm getting my teeth whitened. I know, it's weird. But I was at the dentist yesterday for a cleaning, and I asked about it and they said they were having a special and I was saying how I use the Crest white strips twice a year, and I thought this way I won't have to do that for at least a year. They were really free this week and I'm on break, so I thought, "what the heck?". I'm sure it will be most unpleasant, but hopefully I'll have a sparkly smile! We're seeing sun and 50s today. Have a great one, all!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

HA HA! Mirage.

All's well here. Marchers RULE!

I've been eating a little carpy recently, so today is a Eat Well Today day. So far, breakfast & lunch down, so far so good.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Mirage, I've always wanted to have that done? How much are they charging? (if you don't mind sharing ... I understand if that's personal.)

Frances, I've been having too much sugar lately, too ... I went shopping yesterday and stocked my kitchen with easy, healthy breakfasts, lunches, and snacks. I had a coconut smoothie for breakfast today, a banana for a snack, and a chicken salad sandwich and side salad for lunch. I'm feeling with it again!
Old 04-08-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Editor

I have a great idea for a t-shirt....I thought I was a night owl..turns out I had a drinking problem

Just thought of it....

Mirage you better get your man some sun glasses.

I am trying to eat healthier...but the icecream is still soooooooo goood!

Carry on withyour wonderful lives....You deserve only the best my friends!!!!!

Peace
Dave
Old 04-08-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by mirage View Post
I'm glad your husband is on board. His body is thanking him, too. How is he feeling? Do you guys talk about it at all?
I am glad he isn't drinking also, but I don't know for how long, he had surgery to remove varicose veins and decided to stop drinking until he saw the Doc next (6 weeks from surgery) to give his body the best chance to heal. Exercise has been a big part of his healing he has to walk at least half an hour morning and night , they made him get up and walk for a half hour straight of the operating table. He is all healed up now and walking an hour morning and night ( he always has been really fit) see's the Doc next week.

We don't talk about my drinking and I don't bring it up because I have had a lot of lectures during my drinking career so I leave it alone.

I would love to get my teeth whitened , let us know how it looks.